Page 44 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodger Stadium

Some fireworks at the Ravine last night apparrently Prince Fielder took offense to being dotted by Mota after Manny and Pierre got thrown at and tried to enter the Dodgers clubhouse to go after Mota and had to be restrained by Braun aka Brenden Fraser among others I think he's been in the league long enough to know he was gonna get hit especially after manny was not protected last year in the NLCS oh well good to see the Dodgers bats come alive in the clutch with a 17-4 laugher
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

Ummmm, I will be at the game tonight. I just want to find that Hank Aaron plaque. AND to top things off, they are giving out Manny Ramirez posters tonight. It will look great IN my fireplace when the winter comes a-knockin'.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Thanks for the picture. I think they are ODing on the Manny Swag kinda like my run on sentences, but i guess they're getting their moneys worth.

Some footage of Princess hanging out by the Dodgers clubhouse entrance hoping to get Mota's autograph. I'm going to have a lot of fun heckling him during batting practice today.

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=110706@kcbs.dayport.com
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Question year?

About what year was this photo taken?

Quote Originally Posted by mrakbaseball View Post
    About what year was this photo taken?
    Winter 2004/2005

So I went into the left field pavilion to find the Hank Aaron plaque, and it was nowhere to be found. I asked a number of security personnel and they all said that I was the first person to ask about the plaque. I was really bummed out about that.

But all was not lost. I got my glove signed by Tommy Davis and I talked to my favorite Dodger Clayton Kershaw during batting practice.

Also, I stumbled upon some sealed off tunnel by the pavilion restroom. It's under the field level grandstand and it's similar to the Old Yankee Stadium tunnel that housed ATV's, John Deere vehicles, motorcycles etc...
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
    So I went into the left field pavilion to find the Hank Aaron plaque, and it was nowhere to be found. I asked a number of security personnel and they all said that I was the first person to ask about the plaque. I was really bummed out about that.
    I remember seeing that Aaron plaque on a TV special several years ago. It was attached to the front edge of the front row, bellow the foot rest area/facing. I would assume they removed it when they started putting ads there several years ago. I would also assume that it's back in the stadium archives or on display somewhere else in the stadium.

You know who would know? Team historian Mark Langill. We should write a couple of letters and find out where that plaque went!

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    I remember seeing that Aaron plaque on a TV special several years ago. It was attached to the front edge of the front row, bellow the foot rest area/facing. I would assume they removed it when they started putting ads there several years ago. I would also assume that it's back in the stadium archives or on display somewhere else in the stadium.

You know who would know? Team historian Mark Langill. We should write a couple of letters and find out where that plaque went!

You mean where they put the LED boards? Or the railing with the more "traditional" ads? I didn't check every section, I was just hanging out by the aisle closest to the bullpen and talking to Kershaw. I'll do a sweep of the whole front row next time.

How can we get in touch with Mark Langill? I'll even do snail-mail just so as long as we get an answer. I hope they at least have the plaque in the Dodgers office.

By the way, the whole "Dodgertown" label is sickening. I think the McCourts are plotting some behind the scenes naming rights deal. Farmer John Stadium at Dodgertown or something asinine like that.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

^I agree McCourt has something shady going on.

You mean where they put the LED boards? Or the railing with the more "traditional" ads? I didn't check every section, I was just hanging out by the aisle closest to the bullpen and talking to Kershaw. I'll do a sweep of the whole front row next time.

How can we get in touch with Mark Langill? I'll even do snail-mail just so as long as we get an answer. I hope they at least have the plaque in the Dodgers office.
    I've attached a photo with a circle around the Hank Aaron plaque.

I'm going to send a letter to:

Mark Langill
    Dodger Team Historian
    c/o Dodger Stadium
    1000 Elysian Park Avenue
    Dodgertown, CA 90090

Here's a nice article on Mark

http://alumni.pasadena.edu/news/16014/
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will do the same. I was standing right around there yesterday. If I missed the plaque...I need to see a doctor.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

A couple of Aerial views I found on Flickr...

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user lhg_11 on 7/28/09; described as having been taken July 28, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user lhg_11 on 7/28/09; described as having been taken July 28, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

That picture is probably from the mid 90's at the latest.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

That picture is probably from the mid 90's at the latest.
    Probably when Dodger Stadium looked it's worst. The circus color seats and the outfield wall colors did nothing. This recent renovation really gave the place a new lease on life.
    PS.. What's with the trailer park in the CF lot?

Quote Originally Posted by mets16 View Post
    Probably when Dodger Stadium looked it's worst. The circus color seats and the outfield wall colors did nothing. This recent renovation really gave the place a new lease on life.
    PS.. What's with the trailer park in the CF lot?
    Probably a movie shoot.

I did not like the circus color seats either.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by mets16 View Post
    Probably when Dodger Stadium looked it's worst.
    I agree. Even in the late 80's it looked quite drab and dark. I had no idea what to expect when I went there in 2007, but I was actually quite surprised at how clean the place was. My only complaints were the parking lot and the concessions were the worst I've ever experienced, but from what I've read, that's always been an issue there but is hopefully on the mend.

There's no doubt now that when experienced ballpark visitors think of summer and baseball, Dodger stadium is one of the first to come to mind. Dodger stadium is summer baseball.

Those pictures are hideous, and from the quality, they look like they're even older than the 90's, but who knows.

*EDIT*

Could those trailers belong to contractors running annual maintenance on the stadium? Also, I just noticed it's rainy and overcast in the 2nd photo also. Low light plus a crappy digital camera could account for such a crappy shot. I hope that guy isn't using those photos to show off his photography skills.

Kooyanisquatsi (sp?) had a nice arial shot of D.S.

Btw, what is with the yellow seats anyways?
    Last edited by Trickyhop; 08-10-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Going back to something closer to the original colors was the right thing to do.

I always liked the Dodgers image in the 60s.
    They were finally out of the Yankees long shadow, they had a new, sleek ballpark that was unlike any other in the league, they had established their own new group of players that were very good and they were winning.
    They were no longer the Brooklyn Dodgers playing in California.
    They were the L.A. Dodgers.

At the same time that the country was changing the Dodgers seemed to be in step with that while everyone else was playing in old stadiums in front of the same fans that were there 30 and 40 years ago.
    Just as the Yankees were growing old and becoming an after thought the Dodgers were the new direction of the game.
    They just seemed fresh and cool and the sun was out for every game.

That was their best period in my opinion.

Look at Dodger Stadium today.
    Almost 50 years later and it still seems cutting edge.

Champion Phillies!

Phillies celebrating after dispatching lowly Dodgers on their own turf!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
    Phillies celebrating after dispatching lowly Dodgers on their own turf!
    Yeah a Mariners fan talking about playoffs. You sir, are delusional.

Page 44 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast