Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2279

Thread: Dodger Stadium

Looks like they dispensed with those insipid Bleacher Beach and Our Town sections.

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Dodgers Stadium look so empty, even during the playoffs.
    Yankees [sic] Stadium look [sic] so empty, even during the playoffs.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    Yankees [sic] Stadium look [sic] so empty, even during the playoffs.
    Really? Didn't look very empty to me. It was a 6:00 start in NYC, which isn't exactly a, "Let's catch some waves and then hit the ballgame for a few innings" kinda town. People arrived from work by the 2nd-3rd inning and the place was pretty much filled.

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Dodgers Stadium look so empty, even during the playoffs.
    Really? Didn't look very empty to me. It was a 6:00 start in LA, which isn't exactly a, "Let's hop on the freeway from Santa Monica and we'll be there in a half hour after work" kinda town. People arrived from their jobs by the 2nd-3rd inning and the place was pretty much filled.
    - Walt Whitman

Jaysus. Why do people get so defensive and retaliate against the Yankees whenever a Yankee fan makes an innocent, inoffensive comment about attendance, as I'm sure The Korean's comment was? It's ok for fans of any team to go into the Yankee threads and trash away, but God forbid a Yankee fan "invades" their territory and doesn't throw bouquets of kudos.

I guess there are thin-skinned "Bobby Ayala's" in every fanbase, including the Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob R View Post
    Jaysus. Why do people get so defensive and retaliate against the Yankees whenever a Yankee fan makes an innocent, inoffensive comment about attendance, as I'm sure The Korean's comment was? It's ok for fans of any team to go into the Yankee threads and trash away, but God forbid a Yankee fan "invades" their territory and doesn't throw bouquets of kudos.

I guess there are thin-skinned "Bobby Ayala's" in every fanbase, including the Dodgers.
    It also has to do with the poster in my opinion. "The Korean" usually makes some pretty outlandish, incoherent comments that are purely based on T.V observations. It is only icing on the cake that he/she is a Yankees fan. And hey, you guys do it to yourselves, most places hate the fact the way NY fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by mets16 View Post
    ...... It is only icing on the cake that he/she is a Yankees fan. .
    It's the icing, the flour, the eggs, the milk and the filling.

And hey, you guys do it to yourselves
    "You guys" infers that you're not included in that group, correct? That somehow you're absolved. This "group" of "you guys" more than likely includes me, as you're responding to me. Is it also exclusive to "those damn" Yankee fans as well? Am I getting warm?

Let's remember that you've been accused by others here of trying to stir the pot as well. I've seen those accusations, so obviously we're all not innocent.

most places hate the fact the way NY fans are.
    Apparently, you're in agreement with "most places." That's too bad, but I couldn't care less, even to bring it up like you do, as if it's a valid statement. Actually, it's a very narrow, close-minded, prejudicial view, that I normally chalk up to "Take it from whence it comes." Are you actually using it as a defense for other's boorish behavior toward someone they don't know other than "They is a one a them damn New Yorkers, Earl."

I don't think I ever asked, or maybe I forgot, but are you from New York?
    Last edited by Rob R; 10-07-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Korean is right. Dodgers Stadium look very emptys durings playoff tonights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jnakamura; 10-07-2009 at 09:49 PM.
    - Walt Whitman

No it doesn't look empty (nor did Yankee Stadium) but that wasn't my point. Do you honestly think he was trying to knock the Dodgers? And do his comments carry less weight because he's Yankee fan?

Maybe I'm totally missing something and have no business even responding. If that's the case I'll graciously bow out.

I don't think I ever asked, or maybe I forgot, but are you from New York?
    Yes, born and raised. Moved to NJ later on. I think it seems to be something that people say enough to believe themselves that New York fans are obnoxious. It is like the city, it is better than anything they have so they hate it automatically. Kinda like the 26 rings the Yankees have.

The Stadium looks darker than it usually does, I don't know why.

I tried to see if they got rid of those dumb My Town and Bleacher Beach sections, but I guess I'll have to confirm for myself tomorrow.

(Rob R, the world isn't out to get you or the Yankees, you should hit the waves and take a chill pill, dude-brah.)
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Yes, Dodgers Stadiumz of El Lay, Loss Anjelus County very very empty. Tonight's attendance was only the second-highest in the 47 year history of the Stadium, behind only Opening Day 2009.

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Is very bad.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
    Yes, Dodgers Stadiumz of El Lay, Loss Anjelus County very very empty. Tonight's attendance was only the second-highest in the 47 year history of the Stadium, behind only Opening Day 2009.

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Is very bad.

Chill dude, no need to get so defensive. We get it already. Dodger Stadium was packed to the gills tonight and broke all-time ginormous attendance records this year that would make Tommy Lasorda's momma proud. Hit the waves, play some volleyball, go skateboarding on Venice Beach, have an avocado sandwich with extra avocado on avocado bread. All is good.
    Last edited by Rob R; 10-07-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Hmm, I didn't think I was defensive in that last post (I am in this one, slightly). I was just stating facts between some yoga exercises.

Did you have a good vacation? Come over to the house for some Bigelow Green Tea when you have some time.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Hmm, I didn't think I was defensive in that last post (I am in this one, slightly). I was just stating facts between some yoga exercises.

Did you have a good vacation? Come over to the house for some Bigelow Green Tea when you have some time.
    No Bigelow Green Tea till I complete my zen meditation, which is ultimately the vacation you speak of.

Will be nice if we face Joe in the WS this year, btw. Can't stand the Phils. Talk about odd fan bases....

It's really not going to happen. This game 1 win was a complete fluke. Whether the Phils or Cards head out to the Bronx, they will be destroyed. Playing these games is a mere formality, No. 27 is on ice.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

It's really not going to happen. This game 1 win was a complete fluke. Whether the Phils or Cards head out to the Bronx, they will be destroyed. Playing these games is a mere formality, No. 27 is on ice.

On paper, and how the regular season played out, most might agree with you. But, I'm soewhat pessimistic, considering how the Yanks were favorites in the past and coughed it up. It would be an accomplishment just to advance. Plus, AJ is key and either his stuff is filthy and amongst the best in the game, or he loses command and craps the bed.

Last off topic question (I promise), but how did Torre manage the pen this year? I love the guy, but some of his in-game managing and handling of the pen when mgr of the Yanks was atrocious.

Still would love to see Yanks vs, Dodgers

On paper, and how the regular season played out, most might agree with you. But, I'm soewhat pessimistic, considering how the Yanks were favorites in the past and coughed it up. It would be an accomplishment just to advance. Plus, AJ is key and either his stuff is filthy and amongst the best in the game, or he loses command and craps the bed.

Last off topic question (I promise), but how did Torre manage the pen this year? I love the guy, but some of his in-game managing and handling of the pen when mgr of the Yanks was atrocious.

Still would love to see Yanks vs, Dodgers
    The thing with AJ is that he needs to get on the same page with Posada, and vice versa. Posada did not handle CC very well last night, seems to me like he's having some communication problems with pitchers besides AJ.

Torre mismanaged the pen left and right, the Dodgers pretty much won ballgames to spite Torre and his awful managing. Maybe he's betting against his own team, I would really want to open up an investigation into this!

Of course you would want to see Yanks vs Dodgers, that's an easy win.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

The Stadium looks darker than it usually does, I don't know why.
    TBS was having technical problems with some of their cameras tonight. Maybe that's why it looked darker compared to the FSN/Prime Ticket/KCAL9 cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    TBS was having technical problems with some of their cameras tonight. Maybe that's why it looked darker compared to the FSN/Prime Ticket/KCAL9 cameras?
    They were having all sorts of audio and video problems. They were utilizing some unorthodox camera angles during the middle innings when these technical difficulties arose.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

They were having all sorts of audio and video problems. They were utilizing some unorthodox camera angles during the middle innings when these technical difficulties arose.
    Unfortunately, they couldn't fix their number one "audio problem"--Dick Stockton.
    - Walt Whitman

Unfortunately, they couldn't fix their number one "audio problem"--Dick Stockton.
    Better than Eric Collins. I'm sentimental towards Stockton, I grew up listening to him call basketball games on TNT and TBS.

Looks like we're stuck with the audio problem until Game 4.

I think TBS will use their A-Team of Carey and that other guy for the NLCS.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

I think there were at least 17 people in attendance at the Los Angeles Dodger Baseball Stadium home of the former B'klyn (1883-1957) Dodgers on Elysian Park Bolulevarde in Los Angeles California (A. Schwarzenegger (b. 1947) (R), governor) during the first Game No. 1 of the National League Division Series baseball game. There may have been more - I can't attest to that fact as an absolute but I can't dispute it either - but I am confident there were at least 17 paying customers in attendance at that event in that venue.
    X
    I wonder what itís like after death. Probíly itís like it is bífore birth. Is it nothing? Non-existence? Thatís not hard tíunderstand, but itís hard for people tíaccept. Itís hard for them to imagine not existing because all of their memories are of their existence, not non-existence. Aní people ainít too crazy about the idea of themselves not existing. - Harvey Pekar, ďShort Weekend: A Story About the Cosmic and the Ordinary,Ē American Splendor #3, 1978.

Better than Eric Collins. I'm sentimental towards Stockton, I grew up listening to him call basketball games on TNT and TBS.

Looks like we're stuck with the audio problem until Game 4.

I think TBS will use their A-Team of Carey and that other guy for the NLCS.
    Haha. I'm older than you. I grew up listening to Stockton call basketball games on CBS with Tom Heinsohn during the Lakers Showtime era.

I just think he's a terrible broadcaster. Even his call of Fisk's '75 home run was rotten.
    - Walt Whitman

How little it's changed

Found this neat little home movie of the 1974 WS at the Ravine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq0sc...eature=related

Even after all these years and upgrades, it still looks and feels remarkably the same as it did nearly 40 years ago.
    - Walt Whitman

Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast