Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Current Player League Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Westlake View Post
    No. Ive said that bonuses dont count before.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification

you will also notice that Hudson had a 10 mil signing bonus so his contract is 4 yrs/37 mil., but when you add the yearly salary up, it's 36 mil. the reason is because of the buyout. so the buyout doesn't count either. it's basically a bonus at the end when they don't pick up the option.

just wanted to throw that out there too.

It's simple - the entire contract is 47 over 4 years. The entire contract includes salary, bonuses, etc. They then break it down by salary per year - so you usually have to add them up and average them to find your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Splendid Splinter View Post
    you will also notice that Hudson had a 10 mil signing bonus so his contract is 4 yrs/37 mil., but when you add the yearly salary up, it's 36 mil. the reason is because of the buyout. so the buyout doesn't count either. it's basically a bonus at the end when they don't pick up the option.

just wanted to throw that out there too.
    Evan, so buyouts AND bonuses dont count, correct? For players like Hudson who have big contracts (and possibly bonuses and buyouts), should we add up the salaries like Splendid Splinter said if we want the EXACT number?

Right, don't count bonuses, and don't count buyouts.

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    Ah, I need to recheck my salary figures, I was including buyouts and bonuses. Another issue, I know Westlake and I have discussed, is if an extension reworks the remaining years of an existing contract. According to Westlake (correct me if I'm wrong) these reworked years do not count in figuring the average yearly salary, only the actual extension years beyond the original contract.
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by Windy City Fan View Post
    Ah, I need to recheck my salary figures, I was including buyouts and bonuses. Another issue, I know Westlake and I have discussed, is if an extension reworks the remaining years of an existing contract. According to Westlake (correct me if I'm wrong) these reworked years do not count in figuring the average yearly salary, only the actual extension years beyond the original contract.
    I dont know about this, actually. I was thinking about it the other day. Anyone want to explain to me which way would be fair? The reworked years kind of fogs things up for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    Well to me if the years were reworked, they are a part of the new contract and should be included. To further add to the confusion, I've noticed a few times on mlb4u.com a new contract is not listed as an extension even though it reworked or superceded an existing contract. Plus, you have said your goal is make the salary figures represenative of the player's "market value" the reworked years are done according the market value of the player at the time the contract (or extension) was signed.

I think including reworked years is consistent with your intentions, fair, and easier (otherwise they are counted for some players and not others on mlb4u, because some are called new contracts and others are called extensions).
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

I think any reworked years should be included as whatever the new salary is that they came up with. This is what the player actually earned. Additionally, I think extensions should also count, but should also be averaged in with the rest of the contract, since it seems to me that they're the same contract, but continued for another year.

I think you're both right on this one. Re-worked contracts should definately count.
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Blog Entries
    who ever drafted Paul Lo Duca should have used this picture:

LETS GO YANKEES!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
    who ever drafted Paul Lo Duca should have used this picture:

Someone picked LoDuca?
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!!

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

I love my top three pitchers, Jake Peavy, Brad Penny, Danny Haren who have an AVERAGE era+ of 156 right now, which is better than most people's top pitcher. I also have a very good left in Tom Gorzenlanny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AznInvasion View Post
    Someone picked LoDuca?
    I thought someone did, well who ever does, use that pic
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    I talked to RHP about westlakes CPFD threads, and he said he will move them into the old CPFD sub forum

I already sent him another pm with the links for each thread, so soon we will be moved to a new home.

- Jordan
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
    I talked to RHP about westlakes CPFD threads, and he said he will move them into the old CPFD sub forum

I already sent him another pm with the links for each thread, so soon we will be moved to a new home.

- Jordan
    Cool! Nice work. We won't be confused between the old stuff and new stuff will we?
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!!

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

As you can see I took care of things this morning.

I moved the 4 current threads into their current forum, and PM'ed Sean (webmaster) to change the name of the sub-forum. I've kept a few threads from the old game locked at the bottom of the forum, so that people may view them for old time's sake, or for reference if they need to see who to pick.

If you guys need anything, let me know.

-Geoff
    WAMCO!

Thanks a lot, Geoff.

You're welcome.
    WAMCO!

So what happens to Brad Penny when his contract runs out?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast