Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Current Player League Draft

Wait, anyone that's played A GAME? So, I could have someone in my startging lineup who has basically no playing time ever? What stats would the sim be based off of, in that case? They don't have anything really for this year or last year, so how will we sim them?

Also, it seems weird that we can have someone who's played 5 games in the majors be our CFer, but someone who's been in the majors for 80 games, but only played 20 at CF, can't be the CFer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    Wait, anyone that's played A GAME? So, I could have someone in my startging lineup who has basically no playing time ever? What stats would the sim be based off of, in that case? They don't have anything really for this year or last year, so how will we sim them?

Also, it seems weird that we can have someone who's played 5 games in the majors be our CFer, but someone who's been in the majors for 80 games, but only played 20 at CF, can't be the CFer.
    Yes, A GAME. I have no idea what the sim stats would be based off, but that's the risk you take by playing someone who has played 1 game.

Well, weird as it may seem, that's the way we are going to do it. I want players to be playing where they do the majority of time. If a guy has come up and played 5 games at CF and none anywhere, more than likely, he's a CFer. That's all I care about.

I'll make exceptions for people that make compelling cases for players to play another position. But not something like "He can play there" -- He has to have at least played there before for me to consider it.

You draft players at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

I have a question about bonuses. Which ones do we need to include and I made a note for Holliday about his 25k bonus for 2007 all star appearance. I'll add it in asap if need be. I couldn't find a contract for a few players...they only had a signing bonus. Do we just use that bonus as the contract? Or League Minimum?
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!!

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Quote Originally Posted by AznInvasion View Post
    I have a question about bonuses. Which ones do we need to include and I made a note for Holliday about his 25k bonus for 2007 all star appearance. I'll add it in asap if need be. I couldn't find a contract for a few players...they only had a signing bonus. Do we just use that bonus as the contract? Or League Minimum?
    No bonuses. Alone or in contracts. You dont need to add anything. If you cant find the contract for a specific player on mlb4u.com, let me know, and i can let you use another source.
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Blog Entries

I'm really, really happy that I got both Braun and Lincecum. Two guys making the minimum should help alleviate the stress of Santana's huge contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard View Post

I'm really, really happy that I got both Braun and Lincecum. Two guys making the minimum should help alleviate the stress of Santana's huge contract.
    I never did find Lincecum's salary. Also are options averaged into contracts? Do we just use the club option number if it is a option year?

I never did find Lincecum's salary. Also are options averaged into contracts? Do we just use the club option number if it is a option year?
    Nope. Dont use the options unless the player is actually in the option. If he is, use only that year.

Ok that's my last salary question I swear. hehe

Ok that's my last salary question I swear. hehe
    Use ESPN.com if the salary isnt listed on mlb4u.com

Also... Im thinking of either letting people trade players along with cash as was suggested earlier, OR adding another 10 million to the cap. What does everyone think?

note: Im not going to allow the trading of draft picks, but you can trade players starting now.
    Last edited by Westlake; 08-30-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westlake View Post

Also... Im thinking of either letting people trade players along with cash as was suggested earlier, OR adding another 10 million to the cap. What does everyone think?
    http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/

This one is the best site! After that I'll use mlb4u.com and ESPN.com

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/

This one is the best site! After that I'll use mlb4u.com and ESPN.com
    OK. But if any of the contracts on that site are different that what is listed on mlb4u, i'll have to ask you to change it.

OK. But if any of the contracts on that site are different that what is listed on mlb4u, i'll have to ask you to change it.
    That's fine by me. I'll check both sites then before picking my person. Most of the info has been the same though. I've yet to find a major difference.

Y'know, if you're checking mlb4u anyway, it would be easier to just use it, instead of checking both...

Haha, I love your team name Ronnie.

Blog Entries
    can a mod sticky the alpha list?
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Yes, A GAME. I have no idea what the sim stats would be based off, but that's the risk you take by playing someone who has played 1 game.

Well, weird as it may seem, that's the way we are going to do it. I want players to be playing where they do the majority of time. If a guy has come up and played 5 games at CF and none anywhere, more than likely, he's a CFer. That's all I care about.

I'll make exceptions for people that make compelling cases for players to play another position. But not something like "He can play there" -- He has to have at least played there before for me to consider it.

You draft players at your own risk.

Heres an idea, how about if the player plays a certain amount of games this season, thats all he can play during the next season? With minor subjective adjusts to injuries and rookies and whatnot.

Utility players might be hurt by that rule.
    Last edited by Wade8813; 09-01-2007 at 03:39 PM.

note: Im not going to allow the trading of draft picks, but you can trade players starting now.
    No one answered my question. Im going to make a decision, but id rather have some feedback from you all on it first.

I'd prefer trading players and cash. It makes it more realistic, since teams do cash transactions all the time. Also, it's not a big deal in this case, but I think it's better not to change rules such as the salary cap part way through, unless there's an unexpected reason to, which there isn't. And $100 million is a more round sum anyway (which doesn't matter whatsoever, but it just feels a little more neat and concise).

Besides, you just want an extra 10 million because you picked A-Rod...
    Last edited by Wade8813; 09-01-2007 at 11:32 PM.

I'm gonna agree with Wade on this one. Plus 100M makes things a little harder for us. I enjoy the challenge.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast