• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JordanDL3891
    Yankee Fan
    • May 2006

Originally posted by AznInvasion View Post
    I'm gonna agree with Wade on this one. Plus 100M makes things a little harder for us. I enjoy the challenge.
    I would like to keep the cap at 100mil too, because then putting the team together is like putting a puzzle together.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• Westlake
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
      I'd prefer trading players and cash. It makes it more realistic, since teams do cash transactions all the time. Also, it's not a big deal in this case, but I think it's better not to change rules such as the salary cap part way through, unless there's an unexpected reason to, which there isn't. And $100 million is a more round sum anyway (which doesn't matter whatsoever, but it just feels a little more neat and concise).

Besides, you just want an extra 10 million because you picked A-Rod...
      If I really wanted it because of that, I would have just done it and not asked for opinions. But thanks for pretty much accusing me of cheating, Wade.

Originally posted by AznInvasion View Post
      I'm gonna agree with Wade on this one. Plus 100M makes things a little harder for us. I enjoy the challenge.
      Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
      I would like to keep the cap at 100mil too, because then putting the team together is like putting a puzzle together.
      Since you all are the only ones to respond, i'll keep it there. You can trade cash.
      Originally posted by Domenic
      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Wade8813
        The Dark Knight = Amazing
        • Jul 2006

If I really wanted it because of that, I would have just done it and not asked for opinions. But thanks for pretty much accusing me of cheating, Wade.
        I apologize. That was my fault completely. I meant to put in an emoticon, to show I was joking, but then didn't find the one I was looking for. I never had any intention of seriously implying you were cheating.

Besides, if you were going to cheat, you would have just done given everyone the extra $10 million without letting us vote on it...
        Last edited by Wade8813; 09-02-2007, 12:43 PM.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• -Kyle-
          • Jul 2006

So does Upton play CF? That's where he played majority of the season. His career has been mostly 3b, and he has played a large amout at 2b this year, where I would prefer to have him.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
            all of the time
            • Feb 2006

Can I change my pick if nobody picks before I change it? Also, will there be a lightning round at any time?

Comment

• -Kyle-
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
              Can I change my pick if nobody picks before I change it? Also, will there be a lightning round at any time?
              No one will really know if you do. I wouldn't really care.

Comment

• Wade8813
                • Jul 2006

Well, anyone who saw his pick would know - and since Jordan responded, he obviously saw it. But it's not a big deal, IMO.

A lightning round sounds great (although I'm covering for DMF because he's gone until Wednesday. We'll be in contact, but it's limited, so he'd probably prefer it if we waited until he was back). We were going quite quickly at first, but it's slowed down since then.

Comment

• Westlake
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
                  So does Upton play CF? That's where he played majority of the season. His career has been mostly 3b, and he has played a large amout at 2b this year, where I would prefer to have him.
                  You can have Upton at 2nd base.

You can change it. Maybe we can do a lightning round soon. We'll wait for DMF and Ronnie (who is still waiting for regular internet acess).
                  The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                    all of the time
                    • Feb 2006

I'm assuming Papelbon was your guy regardless of who I took, and I changed it to Pedroia.

BTW, my team salary is 11.4M... and Santana makes 10M of that.

Comment

• Wade8813
                      • Jul 2006

I'm still frustrated that Braun wasn't on MLB.com until after you picked him. When you picked him, I didn't know who he was, and typed him in, and the pitcher showed up, and not the one that actually matters...

Comment

• JordanDL3891
                        Yankee Fan
                        • May 2006

I'm assuming Papelbon was your guy regardless of who I took, and I changed it to Pedroia.

dang... I wanted Pedroia
                        LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                          all of the time
                          • Feb 2006

I'm still frustrated that Braun wasn't on MLB.com until after you picked him. When you picked him, I didn't know who he was, and typed him in, and the pitcher showed up, and not the one that actually matters...
                          Last year I had to use MLB.com as well, but this year BR started updating in-season. Sean Forman is a god. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Comment

• Wade8813
                            • Jul 2006

I looked at baseball-reference (I assume that's what you mean by BR), but I wasn't able to find any leaderboards for this year, or sortable lists of players on each team. What did you do?

Comment

• Westlake
                              • Jan 2007

It was actually between Papelbon and Pedroia for me, but I was fine with either one.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                                all of the time
                                • Feb 2006

I looked at baseball-reference (I assume that's what you mean by BR), but I wasn't able to find any leaderboards for this year, or sortable lists of players on each team. What did you do?
                                When searching for a player, just click on the "AL" or "NL" next to his team name, and it should take you to the league index, Then use the Expanded Leaderboards link to take you to the leaderboards (or just scroll down for quick use).

MLB.com is more in-depth, though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X