Thread: Detroit & Mariners

dougj1 Guest

Detroit & Mariners

I know most of you think only the M's are involved in the WC. Stop brushing aside the Tigers. They have a great manager, and they represented the AL in last years World Series. The Law of Averages says the Mariners are not going to keep losing, but the same goes for Detroit. Yanks chances of getting into playoffs are little better than 1 in 3.....Another bad series like TB, and they won't even make it there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dougj1 View Post
    I know most of you think only the M's are involved in the WC. Stop brushing aside the Tigers. They have a great manager, and they represented the AL in last years World Series. The Law of Averages says the Mariners are not going to keep losing, but the same goes for Detroit. Yanks chances of getting into playoffs are little better than 1 in 3.....Another bad series like TB, and they won't even make it there.
    That's not true. You can't know for sure if they won't make the playoffs if they lose a series. The Mariners are on a 9 game-losing streak and the Tigers really don't have the pitching outside of Verlander and Bonderman, PLUS you never know with Todd Jones!!
    The Yankees have better pitching than both the Tigers and Mariners. Pitching wins games.
    Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
    ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
    You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

dougj1 Guest
    Mikey-Tigers may not have the pitching as you stated, but they sure have a good chance of winning the WC....I stated 2 weeks ago Yanks had slightly better chance than Tigers or M's in winning WC. Now that Mariners are out, Yanks chances are slightly better than 50-50 to win. Yankee pitching has the same problems today as they had on opening day, with a couple of decent starters and the rest, question marks. Bullpen looks worse than ever with exception of Mo & Joba and maybe Vizcaino with the rest question marks.