• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aa3rt
    Still a Senators fan!
    • Oct 2003

Baltimore 5, Washington 3

Baltimore's Garrett Olson pitches 5 innings of 9 hit, 3 run ball while Washington's Shawn Hill gives up 5 runs (4 earned) and 8 hits in 8 innings.

Olson gets the win, Hill the loss in the opener of the "Battle of the Beltways" for 2008.

Washington uses 3 pitchers, Baltimore 4. George Sherrill earns his 16th save.

Christian Guzman hits his 12th double of the season for the Nats. The Orioles counter with doubles from Melvin Mora and Nick Markakis, a triple from Brian Roberts and a homer from Luke Scott.

The game was tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 5th when a misplayed fly ball allowed the Orioles to take the lead.

Nationals record: 18-25

Current streak: 1 loss

Next game: Saturday, May 17 in Baltimore @ 7:05PM EDT.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• Aa3rt
      Still a Senators fan!
      • Oct 2003

Orioles 6, Nationals 5

The Nationals drop their second game in a row at Camden Yards as the Orioles manage to hold off the Nationals in a 6-5 victory.

Orioles starter Brian Burres raises his record to 4-4 while Nationals starter Odalis Perez sees his record drop to 1-4.

The Nationals use 3 pitchers, the Orioles 6, with Orioles reliever George Sherrill getting a save for the second night in a row.

Down 6-2 in the top of the eighth, the Nationals put 3 runs on the board but couldn't quite overcome the deficit.

Nationals offense comes from an Aaron Boone double and a Ryan Zimmerman home run. The Orioles counter with doubles from Brian Roberts and Melvin Mora and homers from Nick Markakis and Jay Payton.

Nationals record: 18-26

Current streak: 2 losses

Next game in Baltimore, Sunday, May 18th, game time 1:35PM EDT.
      Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-17-2008, 11:33 PM.
      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• billyripken
        the lesser known ripken
        • May 2008

zimmerman has been killing it for my fantasy team.. but it wasn't worth it today. still, very fun series, i'd love to play you guys more

Comment

• Aa3rt
          Still a Senators fan!
          • Oct 2003

Nationals 2, Orioles 1

The Nationals manage to salvage 1 game in Baltimore with a 2-1 win in a rain-delayed game on Sunday.

Nationals starting pitcher John Lannan evens his record at 4-4, pitching 7.1 innings of 4 hit, 1 run ball. Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie also puts in an impressive performance, pitching 7 innings, giving up 5 hits, 3 walks and 1 run. Jon Rauch collects save #10 for the Nationals.

Christian Guzman started the offense for Washington with a solo home run in the top of the 3rd. Ryan Zimmerman doubled in the top of the 8th, scoring Felipe Lopez, who is also credited with a double in the contest.

Melvin Mora and Luke Scott double for the Orioles. The Orioles run came from a Brian Roberts sacrifice fly in the bottom of the 8th.

Nationals record: 19-26

Current streak: 1 win

Next game: Monday, May 19th vs. Philadelphia @ 7:10 PM EDT.

Comment

• Steve Jeltz
            • Aug 2005

Congrats on the franchise's 3,000 lifetime victory. Why does Tim Redding pitch so great against my Phillies? This is the second shutout he has thrown against them this season. I think Redding beat the Phils a few times last year as well. Redding is a Phillie killer.

Ryan Zimmerman is going to be an elite player before long. I don't care if he has been in an early season slump, I would trade anyone on the Phils, except for Utley, for Zimmerman. I'd even trade Ryan Howard straight up for Zimmerman. Howard would provide a cool breeze at the Nats new park with the number of times he strikes out.
            Last edited by Steve Jeltz; 05-19-2008, 11:04 PM. Reason: Ryan, not Frank, Howard

Comment

• Aa3rt
              Still a Senators fan!
              • Oct 2003

Washington 4, Philadelphia 0

Washington's Tim Redding pitches 6.1 innings, giving up 7 hits and 2 walks, but gets the outs when he needs them, raising his record to 6-3 with a 4-0 win over the Phillies.

Philadelphia starter Brett Myers gives up 3 of Washington's 4 runs and is charged with the loss, dropping his record to 2-5.

The Phillies Geoff Jenkins stroked 2 doubles in the game, and the Phils left 9 men on base. The only 1-2-3 inning Redding managed was the top of the 5th.

Offensively for the Nationals Felipe Lopez, Christian Guzman, Ryan Zimmerman, Jesus Flores and Lastings Milledge all doubled, Milledge twice, finally showing signs of breaking out of an early season slump.

Nationals record: 20-26

Current streak: 2 wins

Next game: Tuesday, May 20 vs. Philadelphia in DC @ 7:10 PM EDT.

Comment

• Peorgie T
                Sec. 113
                • Nov 2004

It's also great to see Zimmerman come around. He's hitting .275 in his last 10games, and .438 in his last 4. Another good thing is that he doesn't have a single K in those last 4 games.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                  Still a Senators fan!
                  • Oct 2003

Phillies 1, Nationals 0

Phillies starter Cole Hamels and Washington starter Jason Bergmann both pitch 7 innings of scoreless baseball but neither figures in the decision.

For the Phillies, Tom Gordon secures the win, raising his record to 4-2 and Brad Lidge gets credit for the save.

The Nationals Saul Rivera holds the Phillies scoreless in the top of the 8th, but Jon Rauch sees his scoreless inning streak end at 12 and is tagged with the loss, his record now 2-1.

Both teams left 10 runners on base, the Nats leaving 2 men on in the 7th, 8th & 9th innings. The Nationals also managed to strikeout 13 times.

The only run of the game came from a Shane Victorino double and a Greg Dobbs single for the games' only RBI.

Also stroking 2 baggers for the Phillies were Chase Utley and Pedro Feliz.

Nationals record: 20-27

Next game: Wednesday, May 21 vs. Philadelphia in DC @ 7:10 PM EDT.
                  Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-21-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                    Still a Senators fan!
                    • Oct 2003

Phillies 12, Nationals 2

The Phillies bats, being uncharacteristically quiet the first 2 games of this series, unload on Washington pitching for 12 runs in the final game of the 3 game set.

Phillies pitcher Jamie Moyer gives up 7 hits, but no runs, for his 4th win while reliever Clay Condrey gives up 5 hits and 2 runs but collects his 1st save of the season.

On the Washington side things weren't so pretty: Matt Chico gives up 4 runs in 5 innings, dropping his record to 0-6. Jesus Colome proves ineffective, giving up 1 walk, 5 hits and 6 runs in 1/3 of an inning. Chris Schroder also surrenders 2 runs. Joel Hanrahan finishes up the final 2.2 innings without allowing any more damage.

The Phillies get doubles from Jimmy Rollins, Shane Victorino, Chase Utley and Ryan Howard. Victorino also homered as did Howard (twice) and Pedro Feliz.

The Nats only manage 2 doubles from Felipe Lopez and Jesus Flores while leaving 9 men on base.

Speaking of ineffective-the hitting, or should we say lack of hitting, by the Nats leaves 2 men on base in the 2nd and 4th, and a man on second in the 3rd, all of these opportunities with NO outs, and don't manage to capitalize once.

After a night off, the Nationals will be in action against the Milwaukee Brewers for a 4 game Memorial Day weekend homestand.

Nationals record: 20-28

Next game: Friday, May 23rd vs. Milwaukee in DC @ 7:35 PM EDT.
                    Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-22-2008, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                      Still a Senators fan!
                      • Oct 2003

Washington 5, Milwaukee 1

The Nationals score 4 unearned runs in the bottom of the 6th inning after an error by Milwaukee shortstop J. J. Hardy and come away 5-1 winners in the first of a 4 game Memorial Day weekend series in Washington.

Washington pitcher Brian Sanches, just up from AAA Columbus, collects his first win of the season, while Brewers starter Jeff Suppan sees his record drop to 2-4.

The Brewers use 3 pitchers, the Nationals 5. Washington starter Odalis Perez pitches 5 innings, giving up 5 hits and 1 run but does not figure in the decision.

The Nationals 5 runs come on only 3 hits, all extra base knocks, with doubles by Ryan Zimmerman and Jesus Flores and a home run by Wily Mo Pena, his first of the season, accounting for 4 of the Nats 5 runs.

Milwaukee gets doubles from Jason Kendall and Rickie Weeks. However the Brewers only run comes from an RBI single by loser Jeff Suppan.

Milwaukee leaves 7 men on base, the Nationals 3.

Nationals record: 21-28

Next game: Saturday, May 24 vs. Brewers in DC @ 7:10 PM EDT.
                      Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-23-2008, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                        Still a Senators fan!
                        • Oct 2003

Brewers 5, Nationals 2

The Brewers Seth McClurg gets a win in his first start since June of 2006, when he was pitching for Tampa Bay, by holding the Nationals to 4 hits and 2 runs in 5 innings. Brewers reliever Salomon Torres earns his 2nd save of the season.

John Lannan gets the loss for the Nationals, his record now 4-5. Lannan also pitched 5 innings giving up 5 hits and 3 runs. Joel Hanrahan works 2 innings, giving up 1 run and Jesus Colome also gives up a run in the top of the 8th.

Mike Cameron and Corey Hart homer for Milwaukee, Cameron also doubles as does Jason Kendall.

Scoring for the Nats came from a Lastings Milledge home run (his first since March 31) and an RBI double from Wil Nieves.

Nationals record: 21-29

Next game: Sunday, May 25 vs Brewers in DC, game time 1:35 PM EDT.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                          Still a Senators fan!
                          • Oct 2003

Nationals 7, Brewers 6

Sometimes you just have to take what you can get...

The Nationals, up 6-0, surrender 6 runs to the Brewers in the top of the 6th. The score would remain tied until the bottom of the 9th when a Guillermo Mota wild pitch allows Elijah Dukes to score from 3rd with the winning run.

The Brewers outhit the Nats 12-8 with 2 Nationals runs coming courtesy of wild pitches from Brewers starter Manny Parra and the game winner from Mota.

The Brewers use 4 pitchers in the contest, starter Parra only lasts 4.1 innings, giving up 6 runs to the Nationals. Mota is charged with the loss, his record dropping to 1-3.

Nationals starter Tim Redding pitches 5.2 innings, giving up 10 hits and 5 runs. Saul Rivera is charged with the other Milwaukee run. Jon Rauch gets the win in relief, his record now 3-1.

Offense for the Brewers comes from doubles by Mike Cameron and Russell Branyan (who goes 2-3 in his first game after being brought up from AAA Nashville) and a Corey Hart home run.

The Nationals counter with doubles from Christian Guzman, Lastings Milledge and Wily Mo Pena and Aaron Boone's 4th home run of the season.

Nationals record: 22-29

Next game: Monday, May 26 vs Brewers in DC @ 1:35 PM EDT.
                          Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-28-2008, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                            Still a Senators fan!
                            • Oct 2003

Brewers 4, Nationals 3 (11 innings)

The Nationals Jason Bergmann pitches 5.2 scoreless innings but it's all for naught as the Brewers manage to come back and win it in the 11th.

The Nationals use 6 pitchers in the extra inning matchup, the Brewers 5.

Milwaukee's 4th pitcher of the game, Carlos Villanueva raises his record to 3-5 with Salomon Torres getting his second save in 3 days.

Offense for the Nationals comes from solo homers from Christian Guzman and Dmitri Young, with doubles added by Lastings Milledge, Elijah Dukes and Jesus Flores. Unfortunately there weren't enough men on base to make many of these hits meaningful, Washington stranding only 5 runners.

On the Milwaukee side, Mike Cameron, Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun all double. Milwaukee managed 9 hits and stranded 9 runners.

Saul Rivera is charged with the loss, his record now 3-2.

Nationals record: 22-30

Next game: In San Diego, vs the Padres @ 10:05 PM EDT.
                            Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-27-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                              Still a Senators fan!
                              • Oct 2003

San Diego 4, Washington 2

Washington's anemic lineup only manages 2 runs and 7 hits in the first game of a road trip in San Diego. Christian Guzman did manage 2 doubles ad Aaron Boone's 5th home run of the season with Guzman aboard accounts for the only Nats runs.

Shawn Hill pitches 5 innings, giving up 2 runs and 5 hits to the Padres, with Charlie Manning being tagged with the loss.

San Diego pitcher Randy Wolf gives up the Boone home run but settles down to hold the Nationals for the remainder of 6 innings. Heath Bell gets his first win of the season for San Diego and Trevor Hoffman collects his 10th save.

Randy Wolf helps his cause with a double and the Padres pull ahead with solo home runs from Adrian Gonzalez and Kevin Kouzmanoff in the bottom of the 7th inning. Prior to that the Padres Michael Barrett singled with the bases loaded, driving in the Padres 2 other runs.

Nationals record: 22-31

Next game: Wednesday, May 28 vs. the Padres in San Diego, game time 10:05 PM EDT.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                                Still a Senators fan!
                                • Oct 2003

Nationals 6, Padres 4

Odalis Perez gets his second win of the season, raising his record to 2-4 and Jesus Flores hits a grand slam in the top of the 4th as the Nationals manage a win in San Diego. Perez pitched 6.1 innings in the win, giving up 3 runs.

A lastings Milledge homer, his 3rd, and an Aaron Boone account for the other 2 Nats runs to provide the winning margin.

Padres starter Shawn Estes is tagged with the loss, his record now 1-1.

The Nationals use 4 pitchers in the contest, the Padres 3, with the Nats Jon Rauch getting his 11th save of the season.

The Nats gets doubles from Felipe Lopez and Christian Guzman in addition to the homers from Milledge and Flores.

Padres offense comes in the form of doubles from Luke Carlin and Tony Clark and a home run from Scott Hairston.

Nationals record: 23-31

Next game: Thursday, May 29 vs the Padres in San Diego @ 3:35 PM EDT.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X