Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 237

Thread: 2007 Baseball World Cup

  1. #1

    2007 Baseball World Cup

    I thought Britain had qualified for the 2007 World Cup with their performance in the European Championship, but I see Italy listed as a participant instead. Did Britain withdraw or was I mistaken about their having qualified?

  2. #2
    Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    If I am well informed, the qualification is always two years in front. That means that the UK will participates in 2009's World Championship.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    If I am well informed, the qualification is always two years in front. That means that the UK will participates in 2009's World Championship.
    The 2006 COPABE Olympic Qualifier held in Havana also served as the COPABE WC qualifier. The top six teams qualified for Taiwan: USA, Cuba, Mexico, Canada, Venezuela and Panama. Same teams plus Nicaragua (7th in Havana) qualified for the Pan Am Games
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    737
    I guess MLBers would rather take a break after a long season then play in this, ohhhh well. I was wondering is there anywhere on the internet that will stream these games because I wanna watch the Canadian games.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Delft, Netherlands
    Posts
    26
    16.10.07.- The IBAF has reached an agreement with Stadeo TV to broadcast 41 games of the forthcoming Baseball World Cup live on the internet. This is an important step forward in broadcasting the event, as it will enable fans all over the world to follow the progress of their respective national teams.
    Stadeo TV, a French broadcasting company specialising in sports events, continues to increase its presence in baseball, following the successful broadcast of the French National Championships final, and the European Championships in Barcelona. More information on the broadcasting schedule will be provided in the near future.

    www.stadeo.tv
    http://www.baseball.ch

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    737
    Wow exactly what I was hoping to hear. Is that broadcast in French or English because my oral French skills are terrible!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
    Wow exactly what I was hoping to hear. Is that broadcast in French or English because my oral French skills are terrible!!
    Just like watching soccer in Spanish...if you know the game, the PBP language is inconsequential.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    55
    Is Thailand confirmed to be China's replacement for the World Cup?

    Boy, if they put on a decent performance (although they might get blown up by 32 runs by Cuba, etc.) they going to be a serious threat to the Philippines for the SEA Games competition, like thjat 8-1 they did the last Asian Games.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by BolaNgBasebol View Post
    Is Thailand confirmed to be China's replacement for the World Cup?

    Boy, if they put on a decent performance (although they might get blown up by 32 runs by Cuba, etc.) they going to be a serious threat to the Philippines for the SEA Games competition, like thjat 8-1 they did the last Asian Games.
    Thailand has been confirmed; if you look at the schedule on the IBAF site, you will see Thailand instead of China.

    Supposedly China pulled out so they can concentrate on the 2008 Olympics; in reality they did not want to take part in anything played on Taiwan. Last year's non-appearance in the Intercontinental Cup was an indication of that.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  10. #10
    USA team has good pitching.




    Jerry Blevins was a September call up for the Athletics. Good ERA in the minors.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...-Blevins.shtml
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=460283


    Chris Booker is a September call up for the Nationals. 2.95 in AAA.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...s-Booker.shtml
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=407094


    Brian Matthew Duensing had 3.24 in AAA.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...Duensing.shtml
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=488846



    Lee Gronkiewicz is a September call up with Toronto.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...nkiewicz.shtml
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=473137


    Jeff Karstens has pitched 57.1 in the Majors with the Yankees between 2006 and 2007.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=444371
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...karstens.shtml


    Neal Musser is a September call up for the Royals. He pitched in 17 games with a 4.38 ERA. He had 0.59 ERA in AAA in 2007.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=461377
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...l-Musser.shtml



    Josh Outman is playing in AFL and has 3.60 ERA. 4.50 in AA.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...a-Outman.shtml



    Christopher Perez from the University of Miami.
    2.96 in the minors in 2007 between AA and AAA.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=453198

    Steven Shell played with Kendry Morales in AAA. 4.09 between AA and AAA.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=434579



    Jeff Stevens is playing in AFL now. ERA 0.00. 2.81 in the minors in 2007.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=459999



    Dallas Trahern 3.83 in the minors in 2007.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=448249


    Matt Wright 4.06 in AAA in 2007.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=444418

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubano100% View Post
    USA team has good pitching.




    Jerry Blevins was a September call up for the Athletics. Good ERA in the minors.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...-Blevins.shtml
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=460283


    Chris Booker is a September call up for the Nationals. 2.95 in AAA.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...s-Booker.shtml
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=407094


    Brian Matthew Duensing had 3.24 in AAA.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...Duensing.shtml
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=488846



    Lee Gronkiewicz is a September call up with Toronto.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...nkiewicz.shtml
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=473137


    Jeff Karstens has pitched 57.1 in the Majors with the Yankees between 2006 and 2007.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=444371
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...karstens.shtml


    Neal Musser is a September call up for the Royals. He pitched in 17 games with a 4.38 ERA. He had 0.59 ERA in AAA in 2007.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=461377
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...l-Musser.shtml



    Josh Outman is playing in AFL and has 3.60 ERA. 4.50 in AA.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...a-Outman.shtml



    Christopher Perez from the University of Miami.
    2.96 in the minors in 2007 between AA and AAA.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=453198

    Steven Shell played with Kendry Morales in AAA. 4.09 between AA and AAA.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=434579



    Jeff Stevens is playing in AFL now. ERA 0.00. 2.81 in the minors in 2007.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=459999



    Dallas Trahern 3.83 in the minors in 2007.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=448249


    Matt Wright 4.06 in AAA in 2007.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=444418
    I only wish that somebody from my Red Sox had been chosen.

    I've seen Outman pitch for Clearwater and I was impressed.

    But as usual, it isn't to see who will win; the real competition is to see who finishes 2nd behind Cuba
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  12. #12
    This USA team can win too.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Thailand has been confirmed; if you look at the schedule on the IBAF site, you will see Thailand instead of China.

    Supposedly China pulled out so they can concentrate on the 2008 Olympics; in reality they did not want to take part in anything played on Taiwan. Last year's non-appearance in the Intercontinental Cup was an indication of that.
    Probably the reason why we got the nod in Taiwan and where kicked in the curve by Cuba, Korea, etc. by 30-plus runs.

    It would be a good exposure for Thailand especially their pitcher (I forgot the name) who seems to be doing well in Japanese collegiate ball.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by BolaNgBasebol View Post
    Probably the reason why we got the nod in Taiwan and where kicked in the curve by Cuba, Korea, etc. by 30-plus runs.

    It would be a good exposure for Thailand especially their pitcher (I forgot the name) who seems to be doing well in Japanese collegiate ball.
    Too bad you guys couldn't get Benny Agbayani for the IC

    Any of your guys play any college ball in the US?
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    55
    All players are homegrown blame it on our national federation though they just lack the program to improve the sport. I remember one tune-up game, they let the 15-20 level kids play the national team.

    I believe there are some Fil-Am players in the college level but they won't recruit them to play here.

    As for Benny, I love his stint with the Mets in 2000 but he won't be enough for us to compete. Maybe in the SEA Games he will hit some four-baggers, but not in the Baseball or Asia Cup because if our pitching is lousy on the international level it's useless, our semi-pro league throws a lot of wild pitches although some are good.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by BolaNgBasebol View Post
    All players are homegrown blame it on our national federation though they just lack the program to improve the sport. I remember one tune-up game, they let the 15-20 level kids play the national team.

    I believe there are some Fil-Am players in the college level but they won't recruit them to play here.

    As for Benny, I love his stint with the Mets in 2000 but he won't be enough for us to compete. Maybe in the SEA Games he will hit some four-baggers, but not in the Baseball or Asia Cup because if our pitching is lousy on the international level it's useless, our semi-pro league throws a lot of wild pitches although some are good.
    Benny IS playing for you guys?????

    Hey, he played for MY boys as well
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    55
    Nope. He's not playing for us sorry I didn't mention but IF he eventually play for us he would be a big boost on the offense.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Supposedly China pulled out so they can concentrate on the 2008 Olympics; in reality they did not want to take part in anything played on Taiwan. Last year's non-appearance in the Intercontinental Cup was an indication of that.
    I thought they passed on BWC due to the conflicting schedule with the Konami Cup. It might better competition, but there aren't enough games [3] in the Asia Series for it to be beneficial.

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    Thanks goodness that Holland's 10-1 was only a practice game.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    Thanks goodness that Holland's 10-1 was only a practice game.
    I noticed the article didn't have a box score. Maybe we were lucky...
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  22. #22
    Position players/Spain

    Miguel Mora C
    Dewis Navarro C
    Daniel Sánchez JC
    Nestor Pérez JC
    Angel R. Carmona JC
    Daniel J. Freire JC
    Félix Cano JC
    José L. Riera JC
    Marc Carrillo JC
    Alejandro Freire JC
    Daniel Martínez J
    Daniel Figueroa J
    Juan García J
    José E. Cruz J

    Pitchers/Spain

    Remigio Leal D
    Manuel Olivera Z
    Miguel A. Rizo D
    Fernando Gutiérrez D
    Ricardo Rodríguez D
    Jorge Balboa D
    Eric González D
    Javier Civit D
    Yoel Hernández D
    Rhiner A. Cruz


    Position players/Germany

    Markus Gienger C
    Simon Guhring C-JC
    Phillip Howard JC
    Andreas Janzen JC
    Jendrick Speer JC
    Jens Heymer JC
    Alexander Lauterbach JC
    Michael Franke JC
    Sascha Lutz J
    Klaus Hopfensperger J
    Robert Gruber J
    Kai Gronauer J-C

    Pitchers/Germany

    Martin Almstetter Z
    Enorbel Marquez Z
    Dominik Wulf D
    Philipp Hoffschild D
    Eugen Heilmann D
    Dirk Fries D
    Mirko Heid D
    Tim Henkenjohann D
    Rodney Gessman D
    Andre Hughes Z
    Manuel Moller D
    Martin Dewald



    The players in bold are cubans.
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 11-01-2007 at 06:33 AM.

  23. #23
    Italy

    Catchers: Riccardo Bertagnon (Parma) y Luis Camargo (Rimini);

    Infielders: Davide Dallospedale (Grosseto), Maximiliano De Biase (San Marino), Alex Liddi (Wisconsin Timber Rattlers-A Seattle Mariners), Giusseppe Mazzanti (Nettuno), Joseph S. Mazzuca (Godo), Jack Santora (Rimini)

    Outfielders: Lorenzo Avagnina (Avigliana), Laidel Chapelli y Leonardo Zileri (Parma), Mario Chiarini (Rimini), Gino Lollio (Grosseto)

    Pitchers: Cillo (Godo) Roberto Corradini, Cristopher Di Roma y Mattia Salsi (Parma), Matteo D'Angelo (Fortitudo BO), Anthony Ferrari (Camden River Sharks-Atlantic League), James Fiore y Sandy Patrone (Rimini), Alessandro Maestri (Peoria Chiefs-A Chicago Cubs), Orlando Oberto (Grosseto) y Luca Panerati (Rosemar GR).



    Laidel Chapelli is from my hometown Camaguey. He used to play in the Cuban league. His twin brother was left out of the team this year. The former Camaguey Ceramists CF finished the Cuban league with a .284 AVE, 37 HR, 305 RBI and 97 SB.
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 11-07-2007 at 05:13 AM.

  24. #24
    MÉXICO



    Position players

    Paez, Héctor M. C
    Rodríguez, Carlos C
    Brena, Jaime JC
    López, Raul JC
    Sosa, Carlos JC
    Sosa, Humberto JC
    León, Arnold JC
    de la Torre, Omar JC
    Cárdenas, Humberto JC
    Lopez, Baltazar J
    Espinoza, Efrén J
    Contreras ,Albino J
    Arauz, Leobardo J
    Fornes, Daniel J
    Rodríguez, José M. J
    Buelna, Lorenzo J

    Pitchers

    Valenzuela, Sergio D
    Melgarejo, Thomas Z
    Ruelas, Heriberto Z
    Oramas, Juan P. Z
    Delgadillo, Juan D
    Cobos, Jose D
    Dominguez, David D
    Kamar, Emil D
    Ramirez, Adrian Z
    Rodriguez, Daniel Z

  25. #25
    Friendly Match


    CUB 000 000 000 0 4 0
    AUS 000 022 10x 5 8 0
    W: Adam Blackley (1-0). L: Adiel Palma (0-1). HR: B. Harman and M. Collins.

    Both teams will face each other on Tuesday.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •