Chinese Taipei defeat Panama (10:0)
    USA defeat South Africa (4:2)
    Cuba defeat Thailand (11:1)
    Australia defeat Germany (4:2)
    Japan defeat Italy (10:0)
    Mexico defeat Spain (19:1)
    Venezuela defeat Canada (6:3)
    Netherlands defeat South Korea (5:1)
    Last edited by ROC~~; 11-13-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Wow, what's with South Africa loving close games against the North American teams? First Canada's scare in the WBC and 4-2 today against the USA?

can any one find a web site that shows the schedules and the players and umpires for the Taiwan World Games. I found one the other day and now cant remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by kodi63 View Post
    can any one find a web site that shows the schedules and the players and umpires for the Taiwan World Games. I found one the other day and now cant remember it.
    http://www.baseball.ch
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Smile Netherlans through to the quarters!

The Netherlands advanced to the quarterfinals due to a suprising 2-1 victory over Cuba, their first World Cup defeat in 6 years!

Of course the dutch are lucky to face Cuba now, because the wanted to rest their best pitchers. But nevertheless a great win, and i guess a deserved quarter-final place after a good win against Korea and a unfortunate loss against the strong Aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank28 View Post
    The Netherlands advanced to the quarterfinals due to a suprising 2-1 victory over Cuba, their first World Cup defeat in 6 years!

Of course the dutch are lucky to face Cuba now, because the wanted to rest their best pitchers. But nevertheless a great win, and i guess a deserved quarter-final place after a good win against Korea and a unfortunate loss against the strong Aussies.
    I'm one happy Dutch-American

Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I'm one happy Dutch-American
    Leave that American away. But for the rest I feel the same...

Well done to the Dutch......Cuba is not unbeatable after all!! With such a strong Dutch contingent here at BF it is good to see the team progress, to keep you folk happy.

After being trounced 19-1 by Mexico Spain was able to keep Japan to just a 4-3 win??
    Mexico seem to have found form with another solid win 11-2 over Italy
    Korea has beaten Germany 8-1 (Korea is the last team other than Cuba to win the IBAF World Cup, in 1982)
    Last edited by DownUnderDodger; 11-14-2007 at 05:20 AM.
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

...and Australia has just beaten Canada 7-6. The game was tied at four all going into the ninth inning.

Congratulations to the Dutch Nation!

Group A
    USA 6-1
    Taipei 5-2
    Japon 5-2
    Panama 4-3

Group B
    CUba 6-1
    Australia 6-1
    Holanda 5-2
    Corea 4-3

Friday

Cuba vs Panama
    Australia vs. Japon
    Holanda vs. Taipei
    USA vs. Corea.

According to the Taiwanese news media, the Panama team was disqualified to play in round 2 due to some players "INSURANCE issue" (WTH is this?), Mexico will replace Panama as the #4 team in pool A.

No way!! An insurance issue! I wanted Mexico to get to the second round, but, I wanted South Africa to pull off an upset. You know they played the US tough (Lost 4-2). I know its a crappy way to get in but whatever it takes! I hope the news is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Beisbol41 View Post
    No way!! An insurance issue! I wanted Mexico to get to the second round, but, I wanted South Africa to pull off an upset. You know they played the US tough (Lost 4-2). I know its a crappy way to get in but whatever it takes! I hope the news is correct.
    Any sources on this????????????

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Any sources on this????????????

Well I haven't been able to verify this news. I simply responded to a previous post by ROC. Irregardless of who goes to the second round, I'm cool with that.

Wc

lurk long enough, might as well register to answer some questions.

world cup official site,

http://tw.sports.yahoo.com/2007worldcup/

yes, it is in Chinese, but if you point your cursor over the links it is in English, so you can tell which is schedule and which is result, it is not that hard. sometimes they even have live score updates.

it is nice to see Italy not got in not because they got screwed against Taiwan, but because they lost their last game, do they have a beef? the first base umpire who made the critical calls in the late inning is Japanese, theortically Japan is fighting Italy for the 4th spot in the group,

the tough game Cuba and America play the day before yesterday is because after a day break, both coaches intentionally ease up and want to go 9 innings, so they can work out pitchers whom had not pitched in days.

the Panama situation is very sad, some other unnamed countries (Mexico? Spain?) report them for not having their 7 major league players under insurance for the first game against Spain, by law all major league players have to be under insurance to play in IBF, they are slow in processing their player's insurance and it did not take effect until the first game against Spain was over. so Panama has to forefit the first game and their record turns to 3-4 and drop to the 5th place, Panama won head to head against Mexico and would have got in if not for this snifu on paperworks.

Well, it seems that after this controversy with the insurance for their MLB players Panama is gonna be left out of this tournament. This is really sad because I thought Panama had prepared really well for this tournament and it was playing decent baseball.
    So, if it turns out to be like this it'll be Cuba vs. Mexico. Let's see how the Mexican rookies perform against our National Team. I predict
    By the way, I predicted at the end of the Intercontinental Cup that these teams filled with journeymen and for-the-most-part-raw-prospects in their rosters were catching up to us. I think this tournament is a testament to that statement.
    Our Baseball needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by cubaxpos View Post
    Well, it seems that after this controversy with the insurance for their MLB players Panama is gonna be left out of this tournament.
    Where has this info come from? Panama is still listed as a qualifier (4th in Group A), and Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) is also listed as a quailfier (2nd in Group A) in the standings on the IBAF website. What has MLB got to do with the World Cup???
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

I just checked the IBAF site and it does have a little comment about a pending ruling on team Panama. It appears that it has something to do with insurance requirements of MLB players on the Panamanian team. As a Mexican Baseball fan I would like nothing more then to see the Mexican team continue in the tournament, however, the rule seems to be a little flimsy! Panama beat Mexico fair and square during the round robin and they should be awarded for it.

great showcase

Ok so it is not MLB but you have to love the way this World Cup is growing. There have been a lot of close games, some final innings heroics and some controversial calls.....sounds like the sort of games fans love. For those of you who don't know the rally cry for the Australians on field is 'mongrel dog', in otherwords don't stop fighting for the win, and they have certainly shown some of that.
    Looking forwards to the rest of the series
    drd

for people who are not watching the live TV feed of IBAF

in game live text line score

Dutch vs Taiwan

http://tw.sports.yahoo.com/2007world.../final/58.html

for Japan and Aussie, substitute 58(game number) with 57

Taiwan pitcher with 5K through 2 inning, (and 6 of the first 9 Dutch hitters were K.) but Dutch has more hits (2) compare to Taiwan (1).
    Last edited by hata; 11-15-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Wooohooo!!! Holland defeats Chinese Taipei in a game with a nail biting finish, 6-3 after 11 innings and the Dutch match their performance of 2005. Excellent stuff! We've already played Korea, so Holland vs USA would be nice......
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 11-15-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hata View Post
    for people who are not watching the live TV feed of IBAF

in game live text line score

Dutch vs Taiwan

http://tw.sports.yahoo.com/2007world.../final/58.html

for Japan and Aussie, substitute 58(game number) with 57

Taiwan pitcher with 5K through 2 inning, (and 6 of the first 9 Dutch hitters were K.) but Dutch has more hits (2) compare to Taiwan (1).
    the page is in Chinese which shows on my 'puter as small boxes..unreadable

<stepping out of the lurk mode>
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes !!!!!!
    </stepping out of the lurk mode>

Martin (dutch ofcourse..)
    Last edited by GijsZepa; 11-16-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GijsZepa View Post
    <stepping uit of the lurk mode>
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes !!!!!!
    </stepping uit of the lurk mode>

Martin (dutch ofcourse..)
    Am Dutch-American and am also happy as hell

Good games all around.

Australia has a surprisingly good team this year, but I don't think it's too surprising that Japan beat them. Taiwan losing to Holland is much more surprising, at least to me.

I think this could be a year Cuba doesn't win! Though Cuba has, as always, an excellent team in the field.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast