Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Municipal Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BSmile View Post
    Welcome to the 1954 World Series - October 1, 1954

Amusing to see those guys sitting and reclining on the berm or whatever it is, just in front of the sign, as if they're already in their seats.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Thanks Chip,

The Browns game was in 1995 vs Tampa Bay. And the winter shots were in January of 1996. I will be adding comments to the Cleveland stadium pics this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bnbusser View Post
    And the winter shots were in January of 1996.
    NOT as good of a year as 1954
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Quote Originally Posted by Solair Wright View Post

Batter up! Willie Upshaw of the Toronto Blue Jays takes a pitch in 1987. There are thousands of empty seats.
    This picture gives hope to all Marlins fans--just because attendance stinks for your team at certain point doesn't mean that there isn't a good amount of potential in the market.

Here's a picture of V.P. George Bush tossing out the first ball for the 1981 All-Star Game - Cleveland - August 9, 1981. I like the bulletproof canopy....it's a nice touch....well, except for the utter lack of protection from the front and sides.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmile View Post
    Here's a picture of V.P. George Bush tossing out the first ball for the 1981 All-Star Game - Cleveland - August 9, 1981. I like the bulletproof canopy....it's a nice touch....well, except for the utter lack of protection from the front and sides.
    And I am about 300 feet off to the right
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Here's a pic I snapped at a game in 1992 in the left field corner at Cleveland Stadium. They're kinda hard to see, but if you look close, those are cobwebs between the slats of those rarely-used seats!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by HollandsComet View Post
    Here's a pic I snapped at a game in 1992 in the left field corner at Cleveland Stadium. They're kinda hard to see, but if you look close, those are cobwebs between the slats of those rarely-used seats!
    Not my fault, that's where I stood for batting practice and where I sat during the games

Well, in that case, here are some more pics that I took of the "Mistake By The Lake"...

Quote Originally Posted by bnbusser View Post
    I have put my photos of Cleveland stadium on my site.

http://ballparks.phanfare.com/album/...ageID=38454954

Click on slideshow then turn your speakers up.... and enjoy the music .. 99% of the photos are mine on the site.... check out some of the other parks and arenas on the site too too....
    This is the second park I've 'experienced' through your site, (Milwaukee Co. Stadium's the other).

Very cool. I think I'll add the site to my favorites. Nice stuff.

Link no longer works.
    Last edited by alpineinc; 03-14-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Photo went private.

Blog Entries
    So they based the guys from major league 1 on that guy?

How were the views, were they bad since the stadium was round?

Everything about the sewage leaking is true. The clubhouse had water pipe's bursting and I have heard the playing field wasn't well liked by the players.

You could be far away from the field in that place. The players looked like ants if you were in the upper deck. Yet I still have fond memories of the place

Chevy114,

Good question! Here is my story. From the mid 80’s until the final game at the
    Final game I sat with John Adams. For most of the games there was a core of four
    people that would be at every game-John and his wife Kathleen myself and another
    guy named George. One night during a game the creators of the movie came out
    and sat with us and interview John. I remember they sat with us must of the game
    because they where having such a good time and enjoying the stories and the odd
    sense of humor all of us had. Let’s just say we all possessed a dry and direct sense
    of humor.
    So the scene in the movie when the homerun is hit and two of the guys have the
    “What do you mean to high” argument that would be George and me (the younger guy).
    Also if you notice the lady in the movie is knitting, that is because occasionally
    Kathleen would bring her knitting to ballgames. She must have had it there the night
    the people from the movie where there. Of course we never painted our faces or
    wore headdresses and John is the only one that hits a drum.

I'll have to dig up some photos of the mistake by the lake. I love stadiums with posts (as long as I don't have to sit behind one). Here's some I found on my D drive

Our local beer league outfield is in better shape than this

I was digging through the photo albums for some of these. This first one is a game from August of 1993 (the baby is my now 15 1/2 year old), the last ones are the day (2/28/96) a sympathetic security guard let my 2 (at the time) sons into the stadium for a last walkaround. Please excuse the poor quality, they are photos of our prints taken in the backyard.

...and a few more

Man, I hope you made him replace his divot back there...

Those are amazing photos of your kids with the run of the place! Can't see that happening today. Thanks for uploading.

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast