Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 726 to 747 of 747

Thread: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum / McAfee C / Network Associates C / UMAX C

  1. #726
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Westville, NJ
    Posts
    1,670
    San Antonio has been begging for someone to use the Alamo Dome for decades. Want to know why the Raiders didn't go there? Not enough money to be made there...

  2. #727
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    San Antonio has been begging for someone to use the Alamo Dome for decades. Want to know why the Raiders didn't go there? Not enough money to be made there...
    Well yeah they need renovations, they don't have suites a current NFL Team needs, but I figure they are so hard up to fill that place that would do the renovations for free.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

  3. #728
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Yes Oakland, Las Vegas, and San Antonio. Just put it to a vote, we will find out.
    Oakland has zero interest in wasting taxpayer dollars on the Raiders. Thats why Mark Davis as been trying to pimp out the team. He wants a free stadium AND maintain control of the team. Even at the NFL Relocation Town Hall that they had in November the Raider Nation basically told Mark Davis and the NFL to cut the cr*p and build the stadium themselves.

  4. #729
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Well yeah they need renovations, they don't have suites a current NFL Team needs, but I figure they are so hard up to fill that place that would do the renovations for free.
    Ha, ha, ha, free renovations, ha, ha, ha.

    I just peed myself!

  5. #730
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Ha, ha, ha, free renovations, ha, ha, ha.

    I just peed myself!
    Not free, but not costing the Raiders anything. It has happen, cities have fit the bill for renovations...

    Quote Originally Posted by linusalf View Post
    Oakland has zero interest in wasting taxpayer dollars on the Raiders. Thats why Mark Davis as been trying to pimp out the team. He wants a free stadium AND maintain control of the team. Even at the NFL Relocation Town Hall that they had in November the Raider Nation basically told Mark Davis and the NFL to cut the cr*p and build the stadium themselves.
    Has Oakland even let the taxpayers vote on a new stadium?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

  6. #731
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,451
    Blog Entries
    2
    One of the classic moments in Coliseum history! Happy Birthday Bert Campaneris!

    CdIjXa0UIAAD86u.jpg

  7. #732
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Westville, NJ
    Posts
    1,670
    That is some sweet uniform bliss.

    Those Tigers stirrups are phenomenal.

  8. #733
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,451
    Blog Entries
    2
    We don't see that today, we've been deprived so much.

  9. #734
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,451
    Blog Entries
    2
    Billie Joe Armstrong at the Coliseum in an A's v-neck pullover jersey

    CbcQgpjVAAAqkNw.jpg

  10. #735
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,451
    Blog Entries
    2
    Happy Birthday to the Toronto Blue Jays' Danny Ainge! Grow the game.

    Ainge.jpg

  11. #736
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Happy Birthday to the Toronto Blue Jays' Danny Ainge! Grow the game.

    Ainge.jpg
    Wasn't Danny with the Phoenix Suns?

  12. #737
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,451
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac1212 View Post
    Wasn't Danny with the Phoenix Suns?
    Sure. He also coached them for a time.

  13. #738
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,451
    Blog Entries
    2

  14. #739
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,451
    Blog Entries
    2
    The venue is once again the Oakland Coliseum, as Overstock (O.Co) has opted out of their naming rights deal with a year remaining.

  15. #740
    Dolphin Stadium and Oakland Coliseum can't stick with a name for long, can they?

  16. #741
    I love how the OG names keep coming back like roaches. Does Jack Murphy have life remaining to be tapped?

  17. #742
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    I love how the OG names keep coming back like roaches. Does Jack Murphy have life remaining to be tapped?
    The naming rights deal with Qualcomm expires in 2017 so hope springs eternal.

  18. #743
    The white uni's made the players look like athletes, although they would not have been able to help John Kruck.
    Colored tops made 'em look like beer league softball'ers...
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

  19. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by [insert name] View Post
    Dolphin Stadium and Oakland Coliseum can't stick with a name for long, can they?
    Bad market, bad deals, bad sponsor companies...
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

  20. #745
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    Bad market, bad deals, bad sponsor companies...
    Now that's the Paul W I missed!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

  21. #746
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hour from Citi
    Posts
    5,042

  22. #747
    REG-gie! REG-gie! REG-gie!

    I forgot that the A's only had the A on the cap until (I guess) 1970 (when they switched to the green/gold cap). Also, no white shoes!!

    I started following baseball during the 1969 World Series, so for regular season games it was 1970 (though I collected baseball cards, and all those pics were taken during the 1969 season (almost all at Shea or Yankee Stadium)).

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •