Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum / McAfee C / Network Associates C / UMAX C

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    I like it better than what Fenway has
    How? If at the game, you can see the guys warming up. You know when the teams are getting worried as you can see the bullpen coach on the phone, then telling the pitcher(s) to get loose. I like being able to see when guys are just stretching - knowing that they are in line to throw when the coaches feel the current pitcher is trouble. Or the frantic hustle like when you knock over an ant pile.

I like clearly seeing what the next one or two pitching moves a team has. Do you bat this guy with so and so warming up? Is so and so warm? He only threw 3 pitches. You then know why the catcher is out on the mound killing time.

When you hide the bullpen, new pitchers magically appear on the field ready to go. Sure, you can read on a message board that this guy is warming up - but you don't know so many other details about it.

Bullpens in the of like Fenway provides the added bonus of having a short wall in the of. You really can't have that with fans behind the wall. Rather there is a 8-10' minimum wall. Everyone loves guys catching fly balls and falling over the wall. Remember the famous picture with the security guard's hand in the air?
    Last edited by Matt The Hammer; 08-28-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    I just hate that fenway has those cheap homeruns. Not the end of the world, you get some great highlights like the pitcher trying to catch the ball in his hat or that excited security guard. I understand where you are coming from though.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829