Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum / McAfee C / Network Associates C / UMAX C

Quote Originally Posted by TommieAgeefan View Post
    REG-gie! REG-gie! REG-gie!

I forgot that the A's only had the A on the cap until (I guess) 1970 (when they switched to the green/gold cap). Also, no white shoes!!

I started following baseball during the 1969 World Series, so for regular season games it was 1970 (though I collected baseball cards, and all those pics were taken during the 1969 season (almost all at Shea or Yankee Stadium)).
    The A's went to white shoes while still in Kansas City. They wore black spikes in BP for a number of years because the white shoes were quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Lamprey View Post
    1974 oacc
    Great photos! Even a pic of Charlie-O the mule!

Question - can the second set be from 1975 or later? Scoreboard has (Ken) Singleton at bat, who was apparently to lead off for Baltimore when the game started, but he didn't join the Orioles until 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    Great photos! Even a pic of Charlie-O the mule!

Question - can the second set be from 1975 or later? Scoreboard has (Ken) Singleton at bat, who was apparently to lead off for Baltimore when the game started, but he didn't join the Orioles until 1975.
    You are welcome!
    You could be right about the year, I dug these pics out of a drawer, memory of dates a bit fuzzy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the original outfield concourse still intact beneath Mt. Davis? or was everything out there demo'd to ground level in 1995?

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031