Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum / McAfee C / Network Associates C / UMAX C

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Except that Key Arena had and still has, excellent basketball sightlines. The Oakland Coliseum had terrible sightlines since the day it opened. People like to say Mt. Davis ruined a great ballpark, no, Mt. Davis just made a bad stadium worse.
    I've never understood the Key Arena deal, it's a good place. MSG is the same situation to me but with a newer renovation.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Hmmm....reminds me of high school football fields. The Home side has more seats than the visitors' side.
    But look at how far back that endzone video board is from the corner seats. NO one will be able to see it til you hit the 10 yard line....that's maybe 2,000 to 3,000 seats.

It's similar to the 49ers new stadium. All the suites are on one side, all the peasants on the other. It's Roman engineering. The Atlanta hockey stadium was the first modern stadium I saw built like this. Makes sense.

suites.jpg

Blog Entries
    Yeah other notables are Staples Center in LA and Ford Field in Detriot
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    It's similar to the 49ers new stadium. All the suites are on one side, all the peasants on the other. It's Roman engineering. The Atlanta hockey stadium was the first modern stadium I saw built like this. Makes sense.

suites.jpg
    "Atlanta hockey stadium" That's funny. The Hawks still play there and they are still alive in the playoffs.

I've never understood the Key Arena deal, it's a good place. MSG is the same situation to me but with a newer renovation.
    Key Arena, we are told there are not enough suites, club seats, restaurants, clubs and bars, no on-site practice court, too small capacity (17,072). etc.

Yeah other notables are Staples Center in LA and Ford Field in Detriot
    Staples Center has suites all the way around.
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 05-11-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    "Atlanta hockey stadium" That's funny. The Hawks still play there and they are still alive in the playoffs.

Key Arena, we are told there are not enough suites, club seats, restaurants, clubs and bars, no on-site practice court, too small capacity (17,972). etc.

Staples Center has suites all the way around.
    Oh yeah, sorry I must have been thinking of someone else. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post

suites.jpg
    I think it looks silly. Just MHO.

The suites at the Atlanta arena are on the camera side, so television viewers have a view of the "normal" side during games.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728