Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BBFTG 2007 Offseason Thread

Blog Entries
    i'm confused? FLA resigned 6 players, but only has 22 going for FA?

wouldn't 25% then be more like 4???
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    22*.25=5.5. Round up to get 6.

I know this is %100 bragging...but still I want to write about my farm system and younger players

C:
    Hank Conger
    Drafted out of last years amatuer draft, Conger is a strong well built catcher with great defense, hit .222 in 123 games for us last year, as an 18 year old. I know thats not too good, but it was better than Wilimingham and Olivio .

Josh Wilmingham
    Despite a hideous season, has 75 ish contact and 85 ish power, 26 years old is basically a strong major league catcher.

Nick Hundley
    Traded by SD for John Grabow, 23, a passable hitter and will probably become our backup catcher in the future.

1b:
    Mike Jacobs
    Gained a ton of Power in the Offeseason, 26

Jason Stokes
    RH complent to Jacobs, a good eye and solid contact at 25 years old.

2b:
    Dan Uggla
    27, contact shot waaaay up this year.

3b:
    Miguel Cabrera
    Dissapointing year but at 24 (25?) still has amazing hitting attributes

Kris Harvey
    At 23, still has a lot of room to develop and has good contact rate with solid D.

SS:
    Hanley Ramirez
    Crappy Year. Don't want to talk about it.

Chase Fontaine
    As far as 18 year old SS's go, he is good. He won't be a major league SS this year, but down the road has a lot of potential. Could become a big time power hitter in a few years.

Robert Andino
    At 22, Andino is the slickest fielding short stop the Marlins have had in a long time. His glove is spectactular and he has good speed. He was a terrible hitter last year but he has made strides and has a 70 ish contact rate.

OF:
    Cameron Maybin
    At 19 he has shot through our minor leagues very fast. He has shown five tool potential and will be great in CF for the next few years.

Jai Miller, Alejandro De Aza, and David Murphy
    Some low 20's chumps.

Delmon Young
    21 years old, Young did well last year. His ceiling offensivly is very, very high.

Jeremy Hermida
    The best fielding RF in the org. , at 23 Hermida has also shown he is very adept offensivly.

---
    The people in red I wouldn't mind giving up. Talk to me if interested in any of them...I will at least consider it.
    Last edited by -Kyle-; 12-12-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    thats a really young team, but that seems to be the way to go, look at EB and myself.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Nationals are resuming talks for Alex Rodriguez.
    Cristobal

We are raising the minimun salary to 390K for 2008, like the real MLB. right?
    "All shortstops can dance...Derek Jeter is a fullback with power and speed. Jose Reyes is a tailback with speed and quickness"-"analysis" of the New York shortstops' defense by the genius that is Joe Morgan

Blog Entries
    we are?

they are???

what happened to 327k

in 10 yrs its going to be a million!
    Last edited by JordanDL3891; 12-14-2007 at 02:49 PM.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanDL3891 View Post

they are???

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    "All shortstops can dance...Derek Jeter is a fullback with power and speed. Jose Reyes is a tailback with speed and quickness"-"analysis" of the New York shortstops' defense by the genius that is Joe Morgan

Blog Entries
    ah they are

and I propose rasing the cap to 125M, not that I need it, but with the recent increase in MIN salary, it can mess up some teams like the Nats even.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Quote Originally Posted by baseballstar592 View Post
    We are raising the minimun salary to 390K for 2008, like the real MLB. right?
    But of course.

Nationals want to trade Larry Broadway, young 1B/C, for a decent no 4-5 starter.

Any takers?

He wasn't too shabby last year, hit .269 as a rookie and was a good platoon player.
    Cristobal

Washington trades 1B Brett Harper to the Cleveland Indians in exchange for SS Jason Bartlett.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post
    WASHINGTON--The Nationals announced that they have acquired shortstop Jason Bartlett from the Cleveland Indians today.
    Going the other way is corner infielder Brett Harper, previously acquired from the New York Mets in a deal that sent Jermaine Dye to the Big Apple.
    This trade fuels speculation that Nats GM Steve Adams may be on the verge of signing off on the biggest deal the Baseball-Fever Transaction Game has and might ever see...involving shortstop Alex Rodriguez and reports claim, the Houston Astros.
    Cristobal

Blog Entries
    haha - I could of guessed that team would go after a-rod, I think their GM is a little crazy if you know what I mean

The Astros recently aquired Ryan Zimmerman from the Yankees, and a source tells us that they might be sending Hank Blalock to the Indians. By doing this, they would get a better guy to bat 3rd to load up the bases for the cleanup man than a guy that just hits for power. These trades also help free up some spots on the roster, could this possibly point to aquiring Alex Rodriguez from the Nationals????
    Last edited by JordanDL3891; 12-15-2007 at 08:40 AM.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

A-ROD TRADED TO HOUSTON!

Quote Originally Posted by TRADE ALERT!
    WASHINGTON--Nationals skipper and general manager Steve Adams called a press conference today at 3:30 PM EST and reporters anxiously awaited confirmation that rumours persisting that Alex Rodriguez was on the verge of being dealt were true.

They were real, and Rodriguez is packing his bags en route to Houston in Adams's second major deal ever; the first being acquiring the star shortstop from the Yankees 2 seasons ago.

In this blockbuster, Washington will send the coveted All-Star along with lefty reliever Sean Burnett and heading the other way back to DC are center fielder Vernon Wells, shortstop Miguel Tejada, starting pitcher Rhett Parrot, prospect outfielder Charlton Jimmerson and pitchers Edison Volquez plus lefty Neal Musser.

In 2007, Rodriguez hit 41 homeruns, drove in 126 runs and was ranked second respectively in both categories behind new teammate Willy Mo Pena.
    The Gold Glove Center Fielder heading the Nationals's way, Vernon Wells, had a decent year at the plate though the Nationals expect better than a .264 batting average...he also smashed 26 homers and had 87 RBI.
    Miguel Tejada, acquired at the trade deadline from the Baltimore Orioles had been mentioned in trade talk for quite some time as many noted Astros GM Jordan Young acquisition of him as being the first step in preparing to snag Rodriguez.
    Tejada, expected to remain at short with Washington, was tearing it up in Baltimore and hit .343 with them before seeing his average fall to .298 ending the season in Houston.
    He ranked 2nd in the National League with 189 hits.

Sean Burnett, a lefty situational reliever, was a major disappointment after being acquired from the Pirates by Washington and had a 5.14 ERA with them after a stunning sub 1.00 ERA in Pittsburgh.
    He struggled after Octavio Dotel and John Van Benschoten went down in the closer's role as well.

Edison Volquez, Rhett Parrot and Charlton Jimmerson all have a shot at making the team next season and Adams notes that it's highly probable at least one of them makes it.
    Jimmerson, however, might have his hopes dashed seeing the Nationals outfield is now crowded and he may be reduced to a bench role or even see time in the minors.

"This is the new Washington Nationals, proudly declared the GM, Alex was a huge part of this franchise and now we are moving on without him.
    We wish him the best of luck on his new team and are happy with the intagibles Vernon and Miguel bring to the table.
    Cristobal

With the recent trade, the Nationals need to make room on their roster.

Send Frank Diaz, Kory Casto (both had terrible seasons) and option Chris Duffy to Columbus (AAA), purchase the contracts of RHP Bryan Bullington, OF Vernon Wells, SS Miguel Tejada, RHP Rhet Parrott, OF Charlton Jimmerson and C Neil Walker; active RHP Adam Wainwright, RHP John Van Benschoten, RHP Clint Everts, RHP Octavio Dotel, OF Trot Nixon and OF Brian Giles from the 15-day disabled list.
    Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 12-15-2007 at 12:58 PM.
    Cristobal

Blog Entries
    only one sad thing about this trade, no more arguments about who is better between A-rod and Pena

Houston press release comming soon
    Last edited by JordanDL3891; 12-15-2007 at 01:49 PM.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries

BBFTG File

How to view the Game file, to see every teams rosters:

1. Download the free Demo of you do not own Baseball Mogul 08 http://downloads.sportsmogul.com/dem...etup-v1019.exe Skip to step 4 if you already have Baseball-Mogul
    2. Install the demo to your computer
    3. Make sure it works
    4. download the BBFTG file to the folder that has Baseball Mogul 08 demo in it: http://files-upload.com/files/680679..._Offseason.mog
    5. Open the Demo, the file should be listed, click on it.

If there are any problems, please contact me

note, we do not use Baseball Mogul when it comes to finance - not all player contracts are correct on mogul, and we do not play with revenue and stuff like that. Everyone gets a cap of 120 M which only includes your full team roster (what ever players are listed on your team in baseball-mogul)
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
    How to view the Game file, to see every teams rosters:

Download the free Demo of you do not own Baseball Mogul 08 http://downloads.sportsmogul.com/dem...etup-v1019.exe Skip to step 4 if you already have Baseball-Mogul
    Install the demo to your computer
    Make sure it works
    download the BBFTG file to the folder that has Baseball Mogul 08 demo in it: http://files-upload.com/files/680679..._Offseason.mog
    Open the Demo, the file should be listed, click on it.

If there are any problems, please contact me
    note, we do not use Baseball Mogul when it comes to finance - not all player contracts are correct on mogul, and we do not play with revenue and stuff like that. Everyone gets a cap of 120 M which only includes your full team roster (what ever players are listed on your team in baseball-mogul)
    Just so everyone knows, you should disregard the ratings for all of last year's draftees. I will be changing them over the offseason to make them more realistic.

Hey Jord, how come Sean hasn't made me mod yet?

I would've stickied your thread, but can't.

And if I do become mod, I will certainly clean up the forum.
    Cristobal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkerson_rulz-06 View Post
    Hey Jord, how come Sean hasn't made me mod yet?

I would've stickied your thread, but can't.

And if I do become mod, I will certainly clean up the forum.
    I'm looking forward to it, idk, did you send him a PM confirming it? He told me when I asked him about moderators, that if you let him know, he could do it ASAP.

Btw, if you have time, can you update the database??
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    Hey everyone, please check out my site for articles about the recent trades at http://www.freewebs.com/houstonastrosbbftg/ and click on the Astros News tab on the left.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    woo, these recent trades are making me money!!!

i've gone from $90,000,000 to $77,880,000

42 M below the cap!!! Maybe I should re-think signing people

(though I have not calculated my minor leaguers as 390K and not 350K)
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    The Red Sox are interested in trading Johnny Damon. We're looking for a couple low-level, high-ceiling prospects.

Nationals purchase the contract of SS Jason Bartlett and designate C Dax Norris for assignment.
    Cristobal

Nationals option C Dax Norris to Columbus (AAA).

I would like to announce Richmond Hill Phoenix, or Geoff, is back!

he will be taking over his hometown Toronto Blue Jays!
    Cristobal

They always come crawling back

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast