Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classic Milwaukee Braves Photographs

Hopefully more than a couple

The main thing I like about those unis is that they read "Braves", just like the home whites, rather than "Atlanta." I always liked the Dodgers roadies when they were just gray versions of the home ones. I like the way that sort of says "Yeah, we're _______. Everybody knows who we are."
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Hmm. I have exactly the opposite reaction. I really hate it when teans are ashamed to wear their city's name across their chest, which is how it always appears to me.

For me, that all depends on the city. "Los Angeles" and "Milwaukee" are too long to fit comfortably across a non-Adam Dunn size chest. I love the Tigers current road uniforms. Their returning to that classic Greenberg-era flowing script was an excellent move.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Quote Originally Posted by Los Bravos View Post
    For me, that all depends on the city. "Los Angeles" and "Milwaukee" are too long to fit comfortably across a non-Adam Dunn size chest.
    Sorry, I can't agree. Both "San Francisco" and "Pittsburgh" are longer than either of those, but they look great across the jerseys.

I think both "Milwaukee" and "Los Angeles" can also look great, even on relatively average-sized guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is more about the Atlanta Braves, but as long as we're talking about the various cap logos, check out this promo shot of Frank Thomas wearing an Atlanta Braves cap in the same block style as the club wore in Boston and Milwaukee. Obviously before they had settled on a design (maybe an airbrushed 1965 card?).

The irony is that Thomas was released a week before the season started, and never played a game for the Atlanta Braves.

Here's another one, with Topps guessing what the new Milwaukee Braves' logo might be.

Love the upside-down W:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123