Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Milwaukee County Stadium
    • Jul 2008

Here is a photo of Pre Renovated Yankee Stadium I found I don't think has posted here yet
    Attached Files

Comment

• Aviator_Frank
      Engineer / Private Pilot
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Milwaukee County Stadium View Post
      Here is a photo of Pre Renovated Yankee Stadium I found I don't think has posted here yet
      You really see that green copper patina on the frieze and YS letters in that photo. Nice pickup, County Stadium.

Comment

• SultanOfWhat
        • Jun 2007

That pic has been posted here, but that image is larger and a bit clearer than the other one. Nice addition.
        sigpic

Comment

• peterrod16
          • May 2008

nice photo
          Browse Getty Images' premium collection of high-quality, authentic photos & royalty-free pictures, taken by professional Getty Images photographers. Available in multiple sizes and formats to fit your needs.

BRONX, NY - CIRCA 1960's:
          Outfielder Mickey Mantle of the New York Yankees stands with teammate Joe Dimaggio for the Nation Anthem before a circa 1960's Major League Baseball game at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York. Mantle played for the Yankees from 1951-68.
          Attached Files

Comment

• soup
            • Sep 2008

outstanding

Comment

• Gylmar
              • Nov 2008

Great pic, Thanks!
              2001 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Yankee1965
                • Mar 2009

Man...I really miss The Stadium...both pre and post renovation.

Comment

• SultanOfWhat
                  • Jun 2007

I found this on one of the other threads here on BF (I forget which one). It's one of the coolest views of the construction. I just wish it were larger.

Nov 19 1922

I still find it odd that they constructed the frieze this way, by installing the vertical bars after the frame was already in place. I had assumed the frieze sections were pre-assembled.

BTW, I took a bunch of screencaps from the Modern Marvels episode bandit 12 posted. Here are the first 5.

These next 3 might be Polo Grounds. If so, I'll move 'em:

The Babe unleashing wicked bat speed:

Last edited by SultanOfWhat; 12-22-2009, 11:51 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by SultanOfWhat View Post
                    I found this on one of the other threads here on BF (I forget which one). It's one of the coolest views of the construction. I just wish it were larger.

Nov 19 1922

I still find it odd that they constructed the frieze this way, by installing the vertical bars after the frame was already in place. I had assumed the frieze sections were pre-assembled.

]
                    Mass-production didn't really exist outside of Detroit at that time. How you described it is pretty much how any stationary structure was built.
                    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Lpeters199
                      • Apr 2008

From: http://ijms.nova.edu/Fall2009/IJMS_Artcl.Lancaster.html
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Yankees73
                        John 3:16
                        • Mar 2008

Awhile back on this thread I made a statement that bicyble racing was huge in the 20's and that they raced at the Stadium. Maybe the person who told me that statement was mistaken and was thinking of motorcycle racing. Just a thought...

Comment

• SultanOfWhat
                          • Jun 2007

That's a great photo, LPeters199. Its always a thrill to see new views appear.

Here's a decent jpg version, as the version at the website is a large tif file:

This pic is interesting because it shows that the black CF screen actually consisted of 6 separate screens. It also shows either cobblestones or bricks as the floor of the outfield near the fence.

The new pic also affirms the location of the short-lived "462 FT" sign in dead CF, which would have straddled the yellow arrow below:

Last edited by SultanOfWhat; 12-27-2009, 12:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Paul W
                            • May 2008

yes, paving stones that led from gate in left center down to the track...
                            Attached Files
                            the turd in the punchbowl
                            reality really sucks.
                            enjoy the game more...

Comment

• SultanOfWhat
                              • Jun 2007

Thanks, PaulW. I always assumed those entrance areas were lighter because they consisted of different soil.

A nice aerial pic from 1964 (from ebay):

1950 WS:

1927 or earlier:
                              "Sportscaster Graham McNamee, standing, and announcer Phillips Carlin in YS. I found a photograph identical to this one (except the two people have switched positions) in a radio book published in 1927."

Last edited by SultanOfWhat; 12-27-2009, 02:02 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X