• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zito75
    A's Super Moderator
    • Jun 2003

Gaudin to undergo hip surgery!

Chad Gaudin is having some repair work done on his hip which will take up to 3 months to recover from... Maybe this explains his awful numbers after the AS Break in '07.

WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett
  • TheKingofKings
    KJ
    • Jan 2006

Another blow to the rotation...

Comment

• mlazar
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by TheKingofKings View Post
      Another blow to the rotation...

it could be worse, he could have waited till April for surgery like Kotsay did last year.... Gaudin is supposed to be ready by spring training...

Comment

• k_dol8990
        Oakland A's Fanatic
        • Feb 2007

who really thinks he'll be back by spring training? we've had the worst luck when it comes to recoveries. looks like Beane realized this and then wanted to bury the hatchet and give up.
        GO A'S! 2008 AL WEST CHAMPIONS!:gt

Comment

• mlazar
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by k_dol8990 View Post
          who really thinks he'll be back by spring training? we've had the worst luck when it comes to recoveries. looks like Beane realized this and then wanted to bury the hatchet and give up.

I do....If he's back by May-June that's cool too. it doesn't matter, bro...I don't think having Chad Gaudin available had anything to do with the recent move by Billy Beane regarding Haren ... there is absolutely no reason with the young everyday players ( some with a nice year under their belt) we have and pitching being a questionable proposition with teams year to year that we couldn't still win this division....all teams will have injuries, who knows ? Blanton could win 20, Hardin could win 20, Dinardo could win 15, Duscherer as a starter could win 15, Dan Meyer could win 10 and some fill- ins another 10.... if a few things work out the right way (Chavez, Crosby, Kotsay) we can still be right in the hunt....at least till June...

Comment

• Dodgerfan1
            Breakin hearts since 1920
            • Apr 2005

I still think it's a joke that the A's trainer, Larry Davis, was chosen as an All-Star last year. That just goes to show that nobody really gives a damn who the trainers and base coaches are in an AS Game. Davis can never keep his pitchers healthy, much less the players. Chavez, Kotsay and Crosby are often injured, as well as Rich Harden and now Gaudin. Both Houston Street and Justin Duchscherer went down last year, also. There are others, too. I realize all teams have their injuries, but Oakland seems to have had more than their share the past couple seasons. Whatever Davis is preaching as far as staying healthy is concerned, it ain't working. This guy Davis doesn't seem to have been worthy of AS status.

Just thought I'd vent a bit regarding this recent injury report about Gaudin.
            Last edited by Dodgerfan1; 12-18-2007, 07:27 AM.
            Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

• mlazar
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dodgerfan1 View Post
              I still think it's a joke that the A's trainer, Larry Davis, was chosen as an All-Star last year. That just goes to show that nobody really gives a damn who the trainers and base coaches are in an AS Game. Davis can never keep his pitchers healthy, much less the players. Chavez, Kotsay and Crosby are often injured, as well as Rich Harden and now Gaudin. Both Houston Street and Justin Duchscherer went down last year, also. There are others, too. I realize all teams have their injuries, but Oakland seems to have had more than their share the past couple seasons. Whatever Davis is preaching as far as staying healthy is concerned, it ain't working. This guy Davis doesn't seem to have been worthy of AS status.

Just thought I'd vent a bit regarding this recent injury report about Gaudin.
              talk about job security with so many players on the disabled list year after year somehow the A's were forced to create a new job (promotion) for him .... Soupy Sales will be the head trainer and Larry will co-ordinate the surgeries and doctor appointments and run the whirlpool and get ice....and maybe get in shape himself....

The official website of the Oakland Athletics with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

The Official Site of Oakland Athletics: Official Info: Press Release
              Last edited by mlazar; 12-18-2007, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Zito75
                A's Super Moderator
                • Jun 2003

Duchscherer also has hip issues- in fact his are more serious than Gaudin's. But looking at the A's official depth chart, Duke is slated at #4. Since he has chronic arthritis, don't count on 150+ innings from him.
                WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• raiderjohn
                  • Oct 2007

This was one of the reasons why Beane decided to take this season to rebuild. He went in to 2007 with myriads of health questions and all but Stewart failed him. After spending 80 million on 76-86, those myriads of health questions still linger with a few more and no prospects in the forseeable future, Haren had to go.

Davis probably made the all star team because of his location and tenure. A drive over the bridge and a 4 dollar toll was cheaper for MLB than bringing in a true all star trainer. I think they've probably done that for years.

Beane supposedly called this big team meeting in Arizona last week, before the Haren trade, to inform them of a new offseason workout regimen/report filing with the team. Who knows, now they're blaming the players for being out of shape.

Comment

• anna
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by k_dol8990 View Post
                    I read that Gaudin had an injury in spring training, but pitched through the pain for a fantastic first half of the season.. The pain-probably this hip injury-got worse after the all star break which explains why he didn't pitch so well later..
                    I think Chad will have a fantastic season if his hip heals 100%.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X