Thread: Roberto Vargas

Roberto Vargas

While Vargas spent only a short time with the Milwaukee team, he has some prominence for being a member of the Negro Leagues and having great success in Puerto Rico. Has anyone had any success writing to him? I had an RTS earlier this year.

It looks like he`s still with us. A reference to his passing on the sportsmogul.com website appears to be wrong. That site said he died in 2000, but I saw Vargas quoted in December 2005 after Vic Power, his longtime teammate in Puerto Rico, passed away. It looks like Hank Aaron saw Roberto when he visited Puerto Rico in March 2007.

No tips on address/writing, except it`d help if you did it in Spanish as a courtesy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by metrotheme View Post
    While Vargas spent only a short time with the Milwaukee team, he has some prominence for being a member of the Negro Leagues and having great success in Puerto Rico. Has anyone had any success writing to him? I had an RTS earlier this year.
    According to SCN only one person has written to him, and is still waiting for a reply after a yr wait.

I have never tried him before, hey, what is is going to hurt!!!