X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDubb25
    • Dec 2007

1956 Yankees Team Autographed Baseball

I am trying to find out an approximate amount that a 1956 Yankees Team Autographed Baseball should be worth or how much I should as for it. My Grandfather played with the Boston Red Sox in the 1950's (Willard Nixon), where the ball originated. Does anyone have an idea of the worth or what I should ask for it or a website I could find the worth?
    $0 - $500
    14.29%
    $500 - $1,000
    28.57%
    $1,000 - $5,000
    57.14%
    Above $5,000
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

CDubb25

Close don't count in baseball. Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades.
  • howiek
    • Aug 2007

You would have to think the value is at least a Grand. Mantle, Berra, Larson,
    Martin, Rizzuto, Ford etc. Thats an impressive list of players. Your Granfather gave that ball too you? I would not sell that ball for any amount of money.
    I bet your grandfather had a lot of great storys to tell before he past.
    He played with Ted Williams amongest other greats. But, you probably already knew that.
    sigpic
    As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
    164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
    http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
    Check out my new Blog
    www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

• AutographCollector
      BB Card & Memorabilia Mod
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CDubb25 View Post
      I am trying to find out an approximate amount that a 1956 Yankees Team Autographed Baseball should be worth or how much I should as for it. My Grandfather played with the Boston Red Sox in the 1950's (Willard Nixon), where the ball originated. Does anyone have an idea of the worth or what I should ask for it or a website I could find the worth?
      I hope that this helps you out.
      According to The Collectors Priceguide:
      "Team Baseballs," Yankees signed balls from this era are worth between $400-1250, with value being greater or lower depending on exact year and players present - in particular, the inclusion or exclusion of Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Casey Stengel - plus the all-important overall condition of the ball and autographs. Other key factors include type of ball (is it an "Official American League" ball?), whether there are any "clubhouse signatures" (autographs signed by ballboys, attendants, etc), and number of signatures present.
      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

• CDubb25
        • Dec 2007

I have a commercial poster with Babe Ruth and Ted Williams together that is autographed by both, but I can not find an appraiser that I 100% trust in giving me the correct price. I have talk to one that tried to buy it as soon as he told me the price he suggests. That seemed a little odd to me. We basically want to know the worth of several of these types of items to decide on insuring them or would be pay more on insurance than the items or worth. Thanks for the replies. :lightbulb:
        CDubb25

Comment

• CDubb25
          • Dec 2007

The baseball is the actual games ball that he got after he finished the game. It was the same year that he beat the Yankees 6 times and only giving up 5 runs. It has murderous row signatures on it.
          Last edited by CDubb25; 12-26-2007, 05:29 PM.
          CDubb25

Comment

• RuthMayBond
            Out in LF (Bartman of BBF
            • Jan 2004

But we're talking on the LOW end of $1,000 - $5,000
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• MadHatter
              Baseball Fanatic
              • Jan 2006

I have a commercial poster with Babe Ruth and Ted Williams together that is autographed by both, but I can not find an appraiser that I 100% trust in giving me the correct price. I have talk to one that tried to buy it as soon as he told me the price he suggests. That seemed a little odd to me. We basically want to know the worth of several of these types of items to decide on insuring them or would be pay more on insurance than the items or worth. Thanks for the replies. :lightbulb:
              If you have an authentic Ruth signature, you're talking thousands of dollars there. Do you have a scan of it?
              sigpic
              Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
              Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

• CDubb25
                • Dec 2007

I don’t have a scan of it. We of course have it locked away, but I would like to see what it would be worth so I will have to take a picture and uploaded for a visual. Can anyone explain what really makes a autographed ball less or more valuable. What about holding the ball say another 10 or 15 years would that increase the value that much more. As you can tell I am a novice with this kind of stuff, because I have never considered the prices until now.
                CDubb25

Comment

• Utter Chaos
                  • Sep 2003

The baseball is the actual games ball that he got after he finished the game. It was the same year that he beat the Yankees 6 times and only giving up 5 runs. It has murderous row signatures on it.
                  FYI: Murderers’ Row (originally, “a murderous row”), was the nickname given to the New York Yankees baseball team of the late 1920s, in particular the first six hitters in the 1927 team lineup. It has nothing to do with the 1956 Yankees.

According to retrosheet.org, Nixon never beat the Yankees 6 times in a season.
                  1958 - 0 wins vs NY
                  1957 - 1 win vs NY
                  1956 - 3 wins vs NY
                  1955 - 4 wins vs NY
                  1954 - 4 wins vs NY
                  1953 - 0 wins vs NY
                  1952 - 0 wins vs NY
                  1951 - 0 wins vs NY
                  1950 - 0 wins vs NY
                  Last edited by Utter Chaos; 12-27-2007, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• AutographCollector
                    BB Card & Memorabilia Mod
                    • Aug 2005

Ok, so since everyone is baffled on what year this signed ball is from.

CDubb25: We need to either A.) see a scanned pic of this signed ball, or
                    B.) you need to list us the names on the ball .

If you can't provide either one of those then sadly we can not help you.
                    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X