Thread: Astros sign Darin Erstad to 1 year deal

Astros sign Darin Erstad to 1 year deal

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=hou

I like the move. Solid backup outfielder and can play 1B.
    Craig Biggio- the Astros' great one, Mr. 3000

Astros will win the NL Central
    Saints will win the NFC South
    Hornets will be NBA Champions next year
    LSU Football & Basketball will be SEC champs
    Great Season LSU Baseball Tigers! I enjoyed every moment of it and look forward to a title run next year.

Yuck. Terrible bat, not very good on defense anymore. Could have let someone from the minors do that job better. I guess they just paid a million bucks for intangibles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Westlake View Post
    Yuck. Terrible bat, not very good on defense anymore. Could have let someone from the minors do that job better. I guess they just paid a million bucks for intangibles.
    Who is ready in the Minors?!?!

Erstad could be good if healthy - he did well in LA for a time with his bat - who knows maybe you will get lucky. I don't think this is a bad idea, I mean who is ready in the minors. In a few years I would like to See Jordan Parraz in the OF, he has an amazing arm - I have seen Parraz play in person. I saw him throw from deep RF to the 3B without a bounce and made the 3rd baseman jump. He has A Vlad Cannon and Ichiro speed but not close to MLB contact at all, but give him a break he's in A ball. With his speed and arm though, he would be great for tal's hill.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Who is ready to be a utility players? Brooks Conrad, Cody Ransom, Tim Raines, Mike Rodriguez, ect...

And yeah, Erstad was alright in LA... about 8 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Westlake View Post
    And grit!
    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007