Thread: About how much is my ball worth?

About how much is my ball worth?

Hi everyone, I have a baseball that I feel may be of consiterable value, I would love feedback because I know close to nothing about Baseball Memorabilia. The Baseball has three signatures on it, Jackie Robinson, Burt Feller and a third. I personally handed the ball to be signed by all three at the Hall of Fame the day Jackie Robinson was inducted. The ball has been sitting in an untouched plastic bag in my basement for decades, though it does appear to be fadded and in generaly poor condition. I do not know if the ball is still worth anything, but I would imagine it would be very easy to authenticate the ball to the exact day of Jackie's induction (consitering the other two peole who signed it we also inducted on that day), does anyone have feedback for me? Is it worth me trying to get it authenticated? If so what is a good place to get it authenticated? - Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hallenbeck View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a baseball that I feel may be of consiterable value, I would love feedback because I know close to nothing about Baseball Memorabilia. The Baseball has three signatures on it, Jackie Robinson, Burt Feller and a third. I personally handed the ball to be signed by all three at the Hall of Fame the day Jackie Robinson was inducted. The ball has been sitting in an untouched plastic bag in my basement for decades, though it does appear to be fadded and in generaly poor condition. I do not know if the ball is still worth anything, but I would imagine it would be very easy to authenticate the ball to the exact day of Jackie's induction (consitering the other two peole who signed it we also inducted on that day), does anyone have feedback for me? Is it worth me trying to get it authenticated? If so what is a good place to get it authenticated? - Thank you very much
    In 1962 the Baseball Writers inducted two players, Jackie Robinson and Bob Feller. The Veterens committe also elected two players, Edd Roush and Bill McKechnie. Did any of those two sign it?

It definitely has some value and I would get it authenticated. Keep it out of sunlight and indoor lights as that would cause it to fade.

Bob Feller has probably signed more than any player in history but the Jackie Robinson signature is the key. I'm not sure what the vaule would be but I'm sure it's up there. The better condition the more it's worth.

Any chance you can post a photo or 2 of the ball? It's hard to give an estimate without seeing the condition of the ball + signatures.
    We own the West!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Thanks for replys

You are right Chaos!, Bill McKechnie must be the third signature, I am going to have my son try to attach some photos of the ball, I am amazed by how fast I got responses.

We run a tight ship around here, Rick. Glad we could help.
    We own the West!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

how much will a trevor hoffman signed ball go for?
    i believe in the cubs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB crazy View Post
    how much will a trevor hoffman signed ball go for?
    It depends. Is the sig on a Official Major League Baseball? Is the ball mint?
    If so... you're looking anywhere between $150-$250.

Quote Originally Posted by AutographCollector View Post
    It depends. Is the sig on a Official Major League Baseball? Is the ball mint?
    If so... you're looking anywhere between $150-$250.
    That would be a good price... I'd say it's closer to $50 as he's still active and a decent signer.
    We own the West!

Tony Olivia signed baseball - what's it worth?

I purchased a signed Tony Olivia baseball at a school fund raiser and wonder what it's true value is. It's in awesome shape - surrounded by a hard plexi-glass type box - sitting in a black bowl with the word Authentic collection on it with the MLB logo. Any ideas?
    Steve