Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1646

Thread: Wrigley Field / Cubs Park / Weeghman Field

The rooftops on Sheffield Ave. look a little different today.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

It looked better on the rooftops in 1970 compared to now. IMHO

Amen to that.

Work on the right field bleacher patio started this week, photo from the Tribune.233743420-17094842.jpg

1950, Jim Russell of the Dodgers. Does anyone know the radio station on the ad on the facade? WJJD?

ae462.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x5-PHOTO-NE...#ht_2643wt_812

Quote Originally Posted by northside irish View Post
    Work on the right field bleacher patio started this week, photo from the Tribune.233743420-17094842.jpg
    It started this week?

They've only got a month left to go. With a major construction project like this, how can they get it done in so short a time? (assuming they do in fact plan on having it done by Opening Day)
    Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 02-28-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

In 1950 the Cubs radio broadcasts were on WIND Radio. According to wikipedia the Cubs TV broadcast were on WBKB and WGN. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    It started this week?

They've only got a month left to go. With a major construction project like this, how can they get it done in so short a time? (assuming they do in fact plan on having it done by Opening Day)
    This isn't as big of a change as some people would have you believe. There isn't any significant structural work being done...it's basically putting a riser up for a couple of rows of seats. The advertising board will be relatively trivial to put in after that.

Another view of the construction to right field:

instagr.am.jpeg

Man google maps is getting good, i just typed in wrigley field, pressed sat. and it gave me this clear picture!

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Man google maps is getting good, i just typed in wrigley field, pressed sat. and it gave me this clear picture!

But that picture is at least six years old. It was taken before the bleachers were expanded for the 2006 season.

Visit Wrigley Wax, a Cubs Baseball card collector's blog

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post

Looking closer at the picture, it seems to be some sort of hybrid. The bleachers aren't expanded, yet the Captain Morgan Club (sticking out of the park on the bottom right), which was added in 2009, is there. Very weird!

Visit Wrigley Wax, a Cubs Baseball card collector's blog

Try Bing Maps for clearer aerials.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ I see in that pic that part of the outer concrete wall (lower right corner of the photo) is there. I thought the entire outer wall had been removed. Did they just start restoring it?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lpeters199 View Post
    Try Bing Maps for clearer aerials.
    Wow that is a clear pic! I like both in different ways though.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Bing Maps also has views taken from all four directions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lpeters199; 03-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.

I could have taken shots from all locations on google, but I was just caught off guard on how sharp they had gotten. I like bing's a lot though.

1939 Chicago Cubs Team & Wrigley Field Panoramic

Any progress pictures?

Found this from February 17th:

2.17.12__10_.JPG

Sounds like Cubs and the city may finally be close to getting a deal done for the rehab plan for Wrigley:

http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/2...ey-rehab-deal/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    Any progress pictures?

Found this from February 17th:
    69191794.jpg This is more recent
    "Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Starion View Post
    69191794.jpg This is more recent
    This reminds me too much of Fenway's monster seats. Do they have specific tickets for this or first come first serve?

^ AFAIK, you have to buy tickets in groups for the new section.

Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast