View Poll Results: What do you think of the changes? --Choose one choice for each change--

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • BBFTG Live : Like it, I would be interested in participating

12 100.00%
  • BBFTG Live: Wouldn't be interested in participating

0 0%
  • BBFTG Managers: Cool!

11 91.67%
  • BBFTG Managers: Don't like it

1 8.33%
  • BBFTG All-Star Week: Awesome, like it!

11 91.67%
  • BBFTG All-Star Week: Meh, not really

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: NEW for 2008! BBFTG with some stunning new features!

NEW for 2008! BBFTG with some stunning new features!

-BBFTG Live Game PackageAt least once a week, the BBFTG will host a live game, likely on the weekend, where we will simulate a game, basicly live.
    The teams involved will have their GM's act as managers and make decisions as the game goes by on the field.
    The simmer will provide play-by-play and managers can set the lineup, faceoff, pinch hit, call someone from the bullpen all while other GM's come and admire.

-BBFTG Managers
    In the coming weeks, teams will be able to choose who they want behind their team's bench arguing the calls.
    Each team will pm the Commish their top 3 choices and based on who they want, they will get a manager.
    The team submitting their choices will have first dibs on a person that is/was already tied to the organization.

-BBFTG All-Star Week
    The ASG this season will be conducted as follows:
    Best of 3 series between an AL and NL constituted of players voted in by fans and general managers
    The games will be part of the BBFTG Live package and will be accessible to anyone who wishes to participate
    Complementing the All-Star game, the BBFTG has announced they will host a Futures game starring some of the game's brightest young prospects.
    In addition to the AS Week, a homerun derby will be held featuring some of the most potent hitters in the league

Thanks for your time, happy draft day present!

On behalf of the BBFTG.

PS: We are looking for INPUT to improve the BBFTG, have anything you wanna say, post here!
    Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 01-26-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    Cristobal

We will decide the game of the week for the live package, mostly going to have live GM's, and anyone will be invited to join and comment on the game!
    Cristobal

Blog Entries
    We will also have to all agree on a platform to use for these live games: AIM, Y! MSN Messanger, ect.

Also, if your team is not participating in the live game, you are invited to join and watch it unfold.

We will have an example exibition game in the comming weeks, and we plan to release a full schedule soon.

I'm excited!
    LETS GO YANKEES!

I added a poll to see what you guys think of the changes, go ahead and vote!
    Cristobal

Good changes. I like the Live game of the week. You could always use a site like this one http://chat.parachat.com/chat/login.html for a chat room that anyone can use no matter what service they have.

The all star week is also a good idea. I think it would be great if after a month or so into the season a thread was started with polls on who should be the starter at each position. Then after the starters are voted in, either the team with best record or reigning league champion fills out the rest with the one player per team rule and all. Maybe leave the 25 th spot back up for vote like they do in mlb. But all in all, great to see some excitement in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Mex4Prez View Post
    Good changes. I like the Live game of the week. You could always use a site like this one http://chat.parachat.com/chat/login.html for a chat room that anyone can use no matter what service they have.

The all star week is also a good idea. I think it would be great if after a month or so into the season a thread was started with polls on who should be the starter at each position. Then after the starters are voted in, either the team with best record or reigning league champion fills out the rest with the one player per team rule and all. Maybe leave the 25 th spot back up for vote like they do in mlb. But all in all, great to see some excitement in the league
    we had something similar this past year
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftgallstargame/ and plan on doing it again
    "All shortstops can dance...Derek Jeter is a fullback with power and speed. Jose Reyes is a tailback with speed and quickness"-"analysis" of the New York shortstops' defense by the genius that is Joe Morgan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballstar592 View Post
    we had something similar this past year
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftgallstargame/ and plan on doing it again
    Yea, that was my website, it was pretty cool actualy. I have the page that people voted on but it is hidden from the navigation bar. I will have to look for it and post it so you can see it.

Do to how that website worked last year, is the reason why I am kind of against this 3 game all-star game. I mean in real life the All-Star game is 1 game. I am fine with the Futures game and Homerun Derby, but not 3 all-star games!

I also simmed the All-star game last year which was cool. I had a lot of fun doing that and hope to do it again after I learn the new format
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    ah, here it is, this is where people voted for the players:

http://www.freewebs.com/bbftgallstargame/vote.htm
    LETS GO YANKEES!