Thread: Anybody like baseball video games here?

Anybody like baseball video games here?

As a Dodger fan.... I love to play them in MLB in Franchise mode or as a single Dodgers player in 'Road to the show'.... Is anybody else looking forward to the 08 MLB for PS3....? It's such a bummer that they don't make MVP anymore... But at least there is finally going to be a decent baseball game for PS3 for me to get my Dodgers fix ( graphics for the PS3 ) and stat features for hard core stat hounds like myself.

2K Sports MLB 2K07

I have played 07 on xBox360 and it is very nice. My wife, a casual Dodgers' fan, loves to watch Nomar go through his pre-pitch "batting glove/foot tapping routine" in the game.
    I am looking forward to the 08 game on xBox360. I can't speak to PS3 as I have never played it.
    I also think that http://2ksports.com/games/mlbpowerpros/ looks awesome, although I don't think it is available for PS3 or xBox360 yet.

Bballfan12 - Welcome to BBF
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

I can def related to your post. I used to love MVP but had to get The Show last two years because of it. I'm in the last month of the season my franchise with the Dodgers. I'm hurting though because Broxton, Billingsly and Furcal are out for the rest of the season. I'll win the division but been playing .500 ball for the last few weeks.

I'm debating whether to finish my season because the new one is coming out in a month and then I"m going to want to start over.....with all the new features...
    I'm dying to check out the hot and cold streak hitting they are putting in. And the in-game post game pitching and batting analysis... You are actually going to be able to see how certain pitchers fair against particular hitters... And I'm pretty happy that the new one is going to have in game saves.... Can't tell you how many games I had to play over when wifey-po called me away!

Quote Originally Posted by Bballfan12 View Post
    I'm debating whether to finish my season because the new one is coming out in a month and then I"m going to want to start over.....with all the new features...
    I'm dying to check out the hot and cold streak hitting they are putting in. And the in-game post game pitching and batting analysis... You are actually going to be able to see how certain pitchers fair against particular hitters... And I'm pretty happy that the new one is going to have in game saves.... Can't tell you how many games I had to play over when wifey-po called me away!
    in game saves? that's awesome.

In game saves is definately something to look forward to. I have been playing the show for a few months and would love to be able to play half a game save it and come back and would be a lot further through the season if i had been able. I am in australia and cant get any games here but my wifes family are in los angeles so i will get the game shipped to them and they can send it to me. Looking forward to it