X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LadyMarlin71
    • Jul 2006

All-Female Ump Crew Officiates Exhibition Game

I came across a slideshow of pictures from exhibition games between MLB teams and college teams. The game between the Mets and the University of Michigan was officiated by an all-woman umpiring crew. Check it out.

Here is the link:

• jints15
    • Jan 2006

[QUOTE=LadyMarlin71;1123506]I came across a slideshow of pictures from exhibition games between MLB teams and college teams. The game between the Mets and the University of Michigan was officiated by an all-woman umpiring crew. Check it out.

The plate umpire name is Perry Barber she is from the New YorkCity area and has done College,Atlantic League,Cape Cod Summer League and various leagues around the NYC area. I have umpired with her numerous times throughout the years..
    Last edited by jints15; 02-27-2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• jints15
      • Jan 2006

[QUOTE=jints15;1123912]
      Originally posted by LadyMarlin71 View Post
      I came across a slideshow of pictures from exhibition games between MLB teams and college teams. The game between the Mets and the University of Michigan was officiated by an all-woman umpiring crew. Check it out.

The plate umpire name is Perry Barber she is from the New YorkCity area and has done College,Atlantic League,Cape Cod Summer League and various leagues around the NYC area. I have umpired with her numberous times throughout the years..

Comment

• bluezebra
        • Jan 2000

[QUOTE=jints15;1123912]

The plate umpire name is Perry Barber she is from the New YorkCity area and has done College,Atlantic League,Cape Cod Summer League and various leagues around the NYC area. I have umpired with her numberous times throughout the years..
        "I have umpired with her numberous times throughout the years.."

Or numerous times.

Bob

Comment

• jints15
          • Jan 2006

[QUOTE=jints15;1123912]

The plate umpire name is Perry Barber she is from the New YorkCity area and has done College,Atlantic League,Cape Cod Summer League and various leagues around the NYC area. I have umpired with her numerous times throughout the years..
          [QUOTE=bluezebra;1123940]
          Originally posted by jints15 View Post

"I have umpired with her numberous times throughout the years.."

Or numerous times.

Bob
          Hey i was close

Comment

• NotAboutEgo

Here is the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/slideshow
            Very cool!

Comment

• Westlake
              • Jan 2007

I'm glad the Webmaster hired a human spellchecker to help us out. Cheers to that.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• LadyMarlin71
                • Jul 2006

One of the umpires, Theresa, worked some of our games during the Women's World Series in '05 and '06.

Comment

• NotAboutEgo

Here's some interesting info from an interview with Ria Cortesio... from the National Baseball Hall of Fame web site...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X