Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2093

Thread: Vintage Panoramic Pictures

Just discovered this thread. Incredible photos, a window into history of the great game. I think a lot of the history, events and triumphs of the game's past is lost on many of the fans today. I was always aware of depth of history but never knew much about the details. It is something I've gained a lot more interest in as of late and the learning and research of the game's past has quickly become a big hobby of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by txranger View Post
    Just discovered this thread. Incredible photos, a window into history of the great game. I think a lot of the history, events and triumphs of the game's past is lost on many of the fans today. I was always aware of depth of history but never knew much about the details. It is something I've gained a lot more interest in as of late and the learning and research of the game's past has quickly become a big hobby of mine.
    Thanks txranger..and welcome to BBF. If you're getting into the history of the game then you've come to the right site.
    Cheers! ~B

Blog Entries
    Welcome, txranger, friend. Welcome to the Jackpot. The MotherLoad.

1905 Philadelphia Phillies Team Composite
    1905 Phillies Team Stats
    Attached Images Attached Images

1924 Washington Senators Team Composite
    National Association Of Professional Base Ball Leagues - Hartford, CT - December 1924
    1924 Senators Team Stats

1894 New York Giants Team
    1894 Giants Team Stats

1894 New York Giants; 88-44, .667, 2nd Place (out of 12 teams), 3 g behind,---BB-Reference---Player identifications provided courtesy of Gary Livacari (GaryL).

Top Row, L-R: Parke Wilson (UT), Duke Farrell (C), George Van Haltren (OF), Roger Connor (1B), Jouett Meekin (P), Huyler Westervelt (P), Amos Rusie (P).

Bottom Row, L-R: Dad Clarke (P), Lee German (P), Jack Doyle (1B), unidentified, Shorty Fuller (SS), George Davis (3B), Eddie Burke? (OF), Monte Ward (Mgr./2B).

Reclining in Front: unidentified, Yale Murphy (UT).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-19-2012 at 07:58 AM.

1920 Detroit Wolverines Team
    I couldn't find any info about this team specifically, but it seems like they could have been part of an organized Negro League. Perhaps they played against or are related to some of the teams listed at Seamheads.com here: Negro League Organizations 1902-23. In any case, it's a great photo and I really like their uniforms. Anybody know more?

1914 Cincinnati Reds Team
    1914 Reds Team Stats

1914 Cincinnati Reds; 60-94, .390, 8th Place, 34.5 g behind,---BB-Reference

Top Row, L-R: Bill Kellogg (1B), Bob Ingersoll (P), Phil Douglas (P), Rube Benton (P), Dave Davenport (P), Earl Yingling (P), Johnny Rawlings (IF).

2nd Row, L-R: Ed Kippert (OF), Doc Miller (OF), Chief Johnson (P), Jack Rowan (P), Tommy Clarke (C), Fritz Von Kolnitz (UT), Maury Uhler (OF).

3rd Row, L-R: Red Adams (P), King Lear (P), Bert Niehoff (3B), Ed Mullaney (C), Barhan, Marty Berghammer (SS), Heinie Groh (2B).

Bottom Row, L-R: Dick Hoblitzell (1B), Red Ames (P), Mike Gonzalez (C), Buck Herzog (SS), Herbie Moran (OF), Armando Marsans (LF), Johnny Bates (CF).
    In Front: Brownie Burke
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-19-2012 at 08:19 AM.

1936 Cincinnati Reds Team
    1936 Reds Team Stats

1936 Cincinnati Reds; 74-80, .481, 5th Place, 18 g behind,---BB-Reference

Top Row, L-R: John McDonald (Traveling Secretary), Billy Myers (SS/Capt.), Alex Kampouris (2B), Gilly Campbell (C), Tony Freitas (P), Doc Richard Rohde (trainer), Kiki Cuyler (OF), Hub Walker (OF), Gene Schott (P), Whitey Hilcher (P).

Middle Row, L-R: Don Brennan (P), Samuel Byrd (OF), Ivey Wingo (coach), Tommy Thevenow (MI), Ival Goodman (RF), Ernie Lombardi (C), Les Scarsella (1B), Benny Frey (P), Babe Herman (LF).

Bottom Row, L-R: Calvin Chapman (UT), Paul Derringer (P), Tom Sheehan (coach), Chuck Dressen (Mgr.), George Kelly (coach), Lee Stine (P), Lew Riggs (3B), Al Hollingsworth (P).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-19-2012 at 08:05 AM.

1925 San Francisco Seals Team
    1925 Seals Team Stats
    I'm not toally sure about the date on this one, but it looks like both Waner brother's are pictured (middle row all the way to the right - front row 2nd from right). So if correct, that would make this 1925.

1925 San Francisco Seals;---BB-Reference----Player identifications provided courtesy of Dto7.

Top Row; L-R: Sam Agnew (C), Archie Yelle (C), Bill Crockett (P), Oliver Mitchell (P), Denny Carroll (Trainer), Dick Moudy (P), Frank Brower (OF).

Middle Row; L-R: Richie, Guy Williams (P), Andy Vargas (C), Tim Hendryx (OF), Norbert Paynter (OF), Eddie Mulligan (OF), Ray Flaskamper (3B), Doug McWeeny (P), Paul Waner (OF).

Bottom Row; L-R: Babe Ellison (Mgr.), Pete Kilduff (2B), Hal Rhyne (2B), Marty Griffin (P), Gene Valla (OF), Bob Geary (P), Smead Jolly (P), Lloyd Waner (OF), Jeff Pfeffer (P).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-17-2012 at 08:05 AM.

1946 Montreal Royals Team
    1946 Royals Team Stats
    Today's edit is a very large team portrait of the '46 Montreal Royals, featuring a 27 year old Jackie Robinson during his first and only minor league season.

1946 Montreal Royals;---BB-Reference---Player identifications provided courtesy of Gary Livacari (GaryL).

Top Row, L-R: Roy Partlow (P), Spider Jorgensen (3B/SS), unidentified, Bob Fontaine (P), Lester Burge (1B), Tommy Tatum (1B/ 2B), Earl Naylor (OF), Jean-Pierre Roy (P), Ed Banta (P), Curt Davis (P), Cy Buker (P), unidentified, Chet Kehn (P), Jackie Robinson (2B).

Bottom Row, L-R: Steve Nagy (P), Herman Franks (C), Al Campanis (SS), Red Durret (PF), Clay Hopper (Mgr.), Gene Moulder (P), Dixie Howell (C), John Gebbard (P), Lew Riggs (3B).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-20-2012 at 07:29 AM.

ca.1913 New York Giants Pitching Staff
    (L-R) Jeff Tesreau, Christy Mathewson, George Wiltse, Red Ames, Al Demaree, Harry Smith, LaRue Kirby, Ferdie Schupp, Doc Crandall & Ted Goulait
    How are the ID's on this one? And yes, the rarely seen Ted Goulait makes an appearance here in what looks to be a spring training photo.
    Last edited by BSmile; 05-20-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmile View Post
    ca.1913 New York Giants Pitching Staff
    (L-R) Jeff Tesreau, Christy Mathewson, George Wiltse, Red Ames, Al Demaree, Harry Smith, LaRue Kirby, Ferdie Schupp, Doc Crandall & Ted Goulait
    How are the ID's on this one? And yes, the rarely seen Ted Goulait makes an appearance here in what looks to be a spring training photo.
    The ID's are correct, Look Here

Quote Originally Posted by Dto7 View Post
    The ID's are correct, Look Here
    Forgot about your original posting!
    Well now we have a much sharper version I suppose.
    Cheers! ~B

1926 New York Yankees Team
    Caps On, Caps Off
    Here’s an edit I made combining two pics I had of the ‘26 Yankees during the same photo shoot. One with their caps on, one with their caps off.

1926 New York Yankees; 91-63, .591, 3 games ahead, (WS: L 4-3 to Cardinals)---BB Reference---photo taken October 19, 1926.---Player identifications provided courtesy of Gary Livacari (GaryL).

Top Row, L-R: Doc Albert A. Woods (trainer), Roy Carlyle (RF), Walter Beall (P), Ben Paschal (OF), Sam Jones (P), Earle Combs (CF), Babe Ruth (RF), Herb McQuaid (P), Hank Severeid (C), Lou Gehrig (1B), Benny Bengough (C), Bob Meusel (LF), Fred Merkle (1B), Joe Dugan (3B).

Middle Row, L-R: Waite Hoyt (P), Bill Skiff (C), Dutch Ruether (P), Bob Shawkey (P), Charlie O'leary (coach), Miller Huggins (Mgr.), Aaron Ward (2B), Pat Collins (C), Urban Shocker (P), Tony Lazzeri (2B), Spencer Adams (IF).

Sitting on ground: Leo Durocher (IF), Herb Pennock (P), Eddie Bennet (Mascot), Mark Koenig (2B), Garland Braxton (P), Myles Thomas (P), Mike Gazella (3B).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-22-2012 at 06:22 AM.

1947 Chicago Cubs Team
    1947 Cubs Team Stats

1896 Providence Grays Team
    1896 Grays Team Stats

1896 Providence Grays;---BB-Reference

Top Row, L-R: Bill Friel (P), Ed Crane? (P), Frank Rudderham (P), Joe Knight (LF/P), Charlie Bassett (UT), Jake Drauby (3B).

Middle Row, L-R: John Knorr (P), Dan Coogan? (SS), Billy Murray (Mgr./OF), unidentified, Harry Lyons (OF).

Bottom Row: Ted Lewis (P), George Hodson (P), Ed Dixon (CF/IF), Jimmy Cooney (SS), Jim Carravan (UT).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-27-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Blog Entries

1980 National League All Star Team

I've posted a number of team photos on my Flickr site. To those who haven't visited, I'll share them with you here.

Seated: Reggie Smith, Johnny Bench, Davey Lopes, Tom Lasorda, Chuck Tanner, Roy Campanella, Bob Skinner, John McNamara, Bill Virdon, Joe Lonnett, Bill Russell, Steve Garvey.

Second Row: George Hendrick, Jose Cruz, Ed Whitson, Kent Tekulve, Dave Concepcion, Jim Bibby, Bob Welch, Dale Murphy, Dave Winfield, Bruce Sutter, Jerry Reuss, Dave Kingman, J.R. Richard.

Back Row: Steve Carlton, Phil Garner, Ray Knight, Mike Schmidt, Ken Griffey, Pete Rose, John Stearns, Keith Hernandez, Gary Carter, Ken Reitz, Dave Parker.

1980 National League All Stars(100ppi).jpg

Blog Entries
    This picture was from my minor league days.

Jerry

1969 Tulsa Oilers Team Photo(150ppi).jpg

Blog Entries

1968 Arkansas Travelers

Another vintage shot from 1968.

Jerry

1968 Arkansas Travelers.jpg

Blog Entries
    1954 St. Louis Cardinals

Another picture that managed to stay with me during my moves around the country.

Jerry

1954 St. Louis Cardinals(8x10,150ppi).jpg

Blog Entries

1958 St. Louis Cardinals

Another photo that managed to stay with me all of these years.

Jerry

1958 St. Louis Cardinals.jpg

Blog Entries
    1975 National League All Star Team

My first All Star Game.

Jerry

1975 National League All Star Team(100ppi).jpg

Front Row: Batboy, Johnny Bench, Steve Garvey, Reggie Smith, Gary Carter, Joe Morgan, Larry Bowa, Batboy

Second Row: Ron Cey, Dave Concepcion, Pete Rose, Al Oliver, Stan Musial, Red Schoendienst, Walt Alston, Danny Murtaugh, Bill Madlock, Greg Luzinski, Lou Brock, Bobby Murcer

Third Row: Don Sutton, Jimmy Wynn, Tony Perez, Bob Watson, Mike Marshall, Dave Cash, Jon Matlock, Randy Jones, Phil Niekro, Manny Sanguillen, Jerry Reuss, Tom Seaver

Top Row: Visitors clubhouse attendant, Tom Dettore, Ken Frailing, Tug McGraw, Andy Messersmith, Mark Cresse, Bill Buhler
    Last edited by jerryreuss; 05-27-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Blog Entries

1973 Houston Astros

Another team picture from my collection.

Jerry

1973 Astros 9(100ppi).jpg

Front: Kevin Newsome, David Tiller

Front Row: Bob Watson, Larry Howard, Bob Lillis, Grady Hatton, Leo Durocher, Preston Gomez, Hub Kittle, John Edwards

Second Row: Art Perkins, Jesus Alou, Tommie Agee, Jimmy Wynn, Tommy Helms, Roger Metzger, Lee Maye, Doug Rader, Jimmy Stewart, Cesar Cedeno, Norm Miller, Jimmy Lake, Jim Ewell

Third Row: Bob Gallagher, Jim Crawford, Jim York, Tom Griffin, Ken Forsch, Jim Ray, Dave Roberts, Mike Cosgrove, Don Wilson, Jerry Reuss, Fred Gladding, Hector Torres

Love those team photos. on your 1980 All-star game photo, I counted at least seven future HOF's. Quite an array of talent.

Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast