Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 2,176 to 2,197 of 2197

Thread: Vintage Panoramic Pictures

1925 World Series Panoramic - Washington vs. Pittsburgh
    89 Years Ago Today - Forbes Field, Pittsburgh - October 7, 1925
    ~ I thought I'd add some color to my old edit of this historic panoramic of the Washington Senators vs. the eventual champion Pittsburgh Pirates. Cheers! ~B

1904 Huntington Ave. Grounds Panoramic
    110 Years Ago Today - Boston, MA - October 8, 1904
    "American League Park ~ Huntington Ave. • Boston, Mass ~ Boston (Americans) vs. New York (Highlanders) ~ Oct. 8, 1904 • Attendance 28,040"
    ~ Here's a new edit of one of my all-time favorite baseball panoramic photos, taken in Boston on this smoky day, 110 years ago. This view of the game between the Boston Americans (Red Sox) and New York Highlanders (Yankees) is highlighted by a behatted overcapacity crowd and some really wonderful period advertising on the outfield walls. Enjoy! ~B
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BSmile View Post
    1904 Huntington Ave. Grounds Panoramic
    110 Years Ago Today - Boston, MA - October 8, 1904
    "American League Park ~ Huntington Ave. • Boston, Mass ~ Boston (Americans) vs. New York (Highlanders) ~ Oct. 8, 1904 • Attendance 28,040"
    ~ Here's a new edit of one of my all-time favorite baseball panoramic photos, taken in Boston on this smoky day, 110 years ago. This view of the game between the Boston Americans (Red Sox) and New York Highlanders (Yankees) is highlighted by a behatted overcapacity crowd and some really wonderful period advertising on the outfield walls. Enjoy! ~B
    The presence of overflow fans on the field in big games must have often had a major impact on game play...there had to have been times when OFers went crashing into the crowd, I don't see how it could have been helped. I thought I read that balls hit into the crowd were ground rule doubles, although I don't know if that was universally applied.
    People still talk about the Jeffrey Maier HR, imagine what fans actually on the field must have done!
    Last edited by Dude Paskert; 10-13-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

1914 Fenway Park World Series Gm.3 Panoramic
    100 Yrs Ago Today - Boston, MA - October 12, 1914
    Here's an all-new edit of this classic panoramic for its 100th anniversary, with color added and major damage removed. On this day in 1914, the Miracle Boston Braves won, 5-4, over the Philadelphia Athletics in 12 innings...

New York City Baseball In October
    104 Yrs Ago Today - Polo Grounds, NYC - October 13, 1910
    ~ Here’s a new edit I put together, a color-added/enhanced panorama of the old Polo Grounds, taken before the 1911 fire that would lead to its reconstruction…

New York City Baseball In October
    104 Yrs Ago Today - Polo Grounds, NYC - October 13, 1910
    This must be Game #1 of the post-season series between the New York Giants and the New York Yankees (as they were often being called by then):

Game 1, October 13, 1910
    NYA 010 000 000 1 8 2
    NYN 000 001 04x 5 12 4
    WP: Christy Mathewson, LP: Russ Ford

The Giants took four out of seven games, with one game ending in a ten-inning tie.

NYGNYY.jpg

Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig Barnstorming In Iowa
    87 Years Ago Today - October 17, 1927
    ~ Held at Western League Park in Des Moines, this game was part of a barnstorming tour that was set up by Babe’s agent, Christy Walsh. It took the Bustin’ Babes & Larrupin’ Lou’s from coast to coast in the days just after the New York Yankees triumph in the 1927 World Series.

Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig Barnstorming In Iowa
    87 Years Ago Today - October 17, 1927
    ~ Held at Western League Park in Des Moines, this game was part of a barnstorming tour that was set up by Babe’s agent, Christy Walsh. It took the Bustin’ Babes & Larrupin’ Lou’s from coast to coast in the days just after the New York Yankees triumph in the 1927 World Series.
    I believe the idea was that Babe and Lou travelled with the uniforms for their two teams and local players would fill out the rosters for the various teams. If I have that right, brilliant move by Christy because the locals got to play with their heroes AND he didn't have to pay/transport any ML players except for Babe and Lou!
    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

1910 World Series Game 2 Panoramic
    104 Yrs Ago Today - Shibe Park, Philadelphia - October 18, 1910
    ~ Chicago Cubs vs. Philadelphia Athletics (A's won, 9-3)

Connie Mack's Athletics Capture Their 2nd Straight World Series Championship
    103 Yrs Ago Today - Shibe Park, Philadelphia - October 26, 1911

New York Yankees - American League Champions for 1926
    88 Yrs Ago Today - The Sporting News Supplement for October 28, 1926

Forbes Field Fashioned For Football
    99 Years Ago Today - Pittsburgh, PA - November 6, 1915
    ~ Normally thought of as the home of the Pittsburgh Pirates, football was the name of the game on this day in 1915 for the University of Pittsburgh vs. W. & J. College. The Pitt Panthers would win by a score of 19-0 on their way to an undefeated season and the national championship under legendary coach Pop Warner, who was in his first season at Pitt.

In Honor Of Veterans Day
    Ted Williams & The Devastator Squadron - Spring 1943
    1st Platoon, Company B, 25th Battalion
    ...can you pick Ted out in the photo?

1929-30 Philadelphia A's Team Composite
    American League Champions
    ~ The Connie Mack led Athletics would also win the 1931 AL Championship to complete their junior circuit three-peat.

1950 Trenton Giants Team
    1950 Giants Team Stats
    ~ Featuring 19 yr-old rookie Willie Mays (front row center), who batted .353!

1916 St. Louis Browns Team Panoramic
    1916 Browns Team Stats
    ~ Here's a great pic (newly edited), with an amazing panoramic view of the old Sportsman's Park. Here's the ID's, with some familiar names! - [L-R]: Carl Weilman (P), Dave Davenport (P), Bob Groom (P), Jim Park (P), Bill Fincher (P), Alois Kirmayer (P), Tim McCabe (P), George Baumgardner (P), Babe Borton (1B), Grover Hartley (C), Eddie Plank (P), Harry Chapman (C), Doc Crandall (P), Charlie Deal (3B), George Sisler (1B), Jack Tobin (OF), Doc Lavan (SS), Armondo Marsans (CF), Jimmy Austin (3B), Hank Severeid (C), Fielder Jones (Mgr.), Verne Clemons (C), Ward Miller (RF), Earl Hamilton (P), Ernie Johnson (SS), Burt Shotten (LF), Del Pratt (2B), Doc Lawler (Trainer)

1910 St. Louis Browns Team Panoramic
    1910 Browns Team Stats
    Here's another recent edit of a classic Browns panoramic team portrait. The ID's are:
    {L-R}: Dode Criss (1B/P), Ed Kinsella (P), Jack Gilligan (P), Joe Lake (P), Art Griggs (utility), Phil Stremmel (P), Ray Demmitt (RF), Bill Killefer (C), Red Fisher (OF), Roy Hartzell (3B), Al Schweitzer (OF), Jim Stephens (C), Jack O'Connor (Mgr.), Bobby Wallace (SS), Frank Truesdale (2B), Bill Abstein (1B), Bill Grahame (P), Rube Waddell (P), Sled Allen (C), Bill Bailey (P), Danny Hoffman (OF), Jack 'Red' Powell (P).

1911 St. Louis Browns Team Panoramic
    1911 Browns Team Stats
    ~ So here's another new edit of a classic Browns panoramic team portrait. The ID's are:
    L-R: Jack Powell (P), Danny Hoffman (CF), Frank LaPorte, (2B), Patrick Newnam (1B), Barney Pelty (P), Earl Hamilton (P), Joe Crisp (C), Jim Murray (RF), Jeff Pfeffer (P), Gus Williams (LF), Joe Willis (P), Joe Lake (P), Bill Bailey (P), Frank Truesdale (2B), Al Schweitzer (RF), Ed Hallinam (IF), Paul Krichell (C), Bobby Wallace (SS/Mgr.), Jim Stephens (C), Burt Shotten (CF), Nig Clarke (C), Jimmy Austin (3B), Howie Gegory (P), Roy Mitchell (P), McAuley, Lefty Joe George (P), Dode Criss (1B)

1915 St. Louis Browns Team Panoramic
    1915 Browns Team Stats
    ~ Here's another great re-edited Brownies pic featuring a mixed bag of home/road uniforms, sweaters and jackets. Love it!
    ID's are as follows: L-R: Joe Sugden (coach), Bobby Wallace (SS), Harry Hoch (P), Walt Alexander (C), Billy Lee (OF), Jimmy Austin (3B), Sam Agnew (C), John 'Doc' Lavan (SS), Walt Leverenz (P), Ernie Walker (OF), Branch Rickey (Mgr.), John Leary (1B), Earl Hamilton (P), George Baumgardner (P), Slim Lowdermilk (P), Carl Weilman (P), Bill James (P), Parson Perryman (P), Tim McCabe (P), Frank Miller (P), Dick Kauffman (1B), Alex Remneas (P), Dee Walsh (OF), Hank Hank Severeid (C), Gus Williams (RF), Vern Clemons (C), Ivan Howard (utility), Del Pratt (2B), Clarence 'Tilly' Walker (CF), Stevenson, Burt Shotton (LF), Dr. M.P. Lawler (trainer).

1940 Seattle Rainiers Team Christmas Postcard
    1940 Rainiers Team Stats
    ~ Lots of good stuff going on in this image, including a great view of Sick's Stadium, future home to the 1969 Seattle Pilots.

1911 St. Louis Cardinals Team Panoramic
    1911 Cardinals Team Stats
    Team ID's [L-R]: Slim Sallee (P), Grover Lowdermilk (P), Roy Golden (P), Ed Konetchy (1B), Bill Steele (P), Eddie Higgins (P), Bob Harmon (P), Ed Zmich (P), Bunny Hearn (P), Ody Abbott (CF), Lou Lowdermilk (P), Otto McIver (OF), Roger Bresnahan (Mgr.), Wally Smith (IF), Steve Evans (RF), Jack Bliss (C), Rube Geyer (P), Rebel Oakes (CF), Mike Mowry (RF), Hap Morse (SS), Arnold Hauser (SS), Miller Huggins (2B).
    Last edited by BSmile; 12-20-2014 at 03:59 PM.

1960 Minneapolis Millers Team
    1960 Millers Team Stats
    ~ Featuring 20-yr-old Carl Yastrzemski (front row, center), who was just beginning a long career of having his last name misspelled! It was incorrectly spelled "Yastrezemski" for this official team photo.

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788