Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 144

Thread: Create your 09 WBC team roster

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro51 View Post
    I am sure OJ is innocent to you as well, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit. Right?
    No, he did it.

  2. #42
    you guys mind helping me edited my rosters??

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,559
    Blog Entries
    3
    Eight rosters down eight to go. We just need:

    Mexico
    Panama
    South Korea
    China
    Cuba
    Puerto Rico
    Italy
    Australia

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Monkey View Post
    No, he did it.
    But you have no evidence. Johnny Cochran said the ties to his client of his wife and her friend's killing to OJ are just dishonest arguments and unsupported conspiracy theories...like what you trying to said about the Steinbrenner VS. WBC.

    NEA - China and Cuba's WBC roster is likely the same from 2006 beside maybe a player or two changes. China and Cuba's National Team practice throughout the years and hardly change who is on the team unless someone retired/defected/or a new stud teenager are too good to leave off the team.
    Frank's Field of Dreams
    "If I build it, you'll come."

  5. #45
    Some names to consider for a Cuban roster. I see a lot of new faces here and there won't be any Cuban defectors joining this team again. In the land of Pancho Villa and the Mariachis bands, Mexico, we will display our brand of baseball. It is about time Japan, Puerto Rico and the USA do not host any rounds. No more free pass! The finals should be held in the Coloso del Cerro, Latinoamericano stadium, under the sounds of Conga Oriental.


    Giorvis Duvergel CF
    Yohenis Cespedez CF
    Yuliesky Gourriel 3B
    Michel Enriquez 3B
    Alexei Bell RF
    Yoandry Urgelles RF
    Alexander Mayeta 1B
    Jose Julio Ruiz 1B
    Joan Carlos Pedroso 1B
    Yosvany Peraza C
    Osvaldo Arias C
    Ariel Pestano C
    Frederich Cepeda LF
    Alfredo Despaigne LF
    Hector Olivera 2B
    Yoilan Cerce 2B
    Eduardo Paret SS
    Yadiel Mujica SS
    Adonis Garcia super utility
    Leonis Martin Super Utility


    Pedro L. Lazo
    Yuniesky Maya
    Yuliesky Gonzalez
    Jonder Martinez
    Norge L. Vera
    Aroldis "el Ciclon" Chapman
    Vladimir "la Bala" Garcia
    Sergio Espinosa
    Ian Rendon
    Miguel Lahera
    Jose A. Garcia
    Yadier Pedroso
    Elier Sanchez
    Vladimir Banos
    Ismel Jimenez
    Gerardo Miranda
    Ricardo Estevez
    Yadel Marti
    Reinier "la nueva pistola" Roibal
    Yaumier Sanchez
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 04-23-2008 at 02:59 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro51 View Post
    But you have no evidence. Johnny Cochran said the ties to his client of his wife and her friend's killing to OJ are just dishonest arguments and unsupported conspiracy theories...like what you trying to said about the Steinbrenner VS. WBC.
    Sheesh. Too bad this site isn't moderated for silliness. So why don't we all just move on?

    Back to the subject at hand: The 2006 World Baseball Classic teams only carried three legitimate starting pitchers. The rosters that folks have posted here have four starters. I don't see any reason for that. 2009 won't have any more games than 2006; in fact, with double-elimination, there will be fewer total games. So I'll go with three starters.

    And, with that, here're my guesses for a few of the starting staffs for the 2009 squads:

    USA: Smoltz, Peavy, B. Webb
    (Note: There are so many awesome American pitchers, it's hard to choose! Maybe another veteran like Roy Halladay. And Cole Hamels or another young stud like that would be a great pick too. An embarassment of riches.)

    Japan: Matsuzaka, Kuroda, Darvish
    (Koji Uehara is an unrestricted free agent this year, so I'd bet that--like Wang and Matsui did last time--he'll stick with whatever major league club he signs with instead of playing for Team Japan.)

    Venezuela: Santana, C. Zambrano, Felix Hernandez
    (What can you say? Breathtaking.)

    Dominican Republic: Loriano, F. Carmona, Johnny Cueta?
    (Cueta is probably too young, but he's exciting to watch. I think Bartolo Colon is done. But maybe he should get a shot to represent his country one last time? Could do worse.)

    Netherlands: VandenHurk, Martis, Jurrjens
    (That one's easy.)

    Canada: Bedard, Francis, Loewen
    (This is easy too. There's no way, I think, that Rich Harden endangers his fragile arm in international play.)

    I'm running out of steam here, so I'll think about Mexico and Puerto Rico later.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro51 View Post
    NEA - China and Cuba's WBC roster is likely the same from 2006 beside maybe a player or two changes. China and Cuba's National Team practice throughout the years and hardly change who is on the team unless someone retired/defected/or a new stud teenager are too good to leave off the team.

    Many players from Chinese Taipei, Japan and Korea have competed several times for their national team.

    Even with Wang presence, Chinese Taipei won't win. Where is the depth? Chinese Taipei have not been able to beat Japan, Korea, Cuba, etc in international tournaments. They may have won once or twice against these countries but I am not so sure.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubano100% View Post
    Even with Wang presence, Chinese Taipei won't win. Where is the depth? Chinese Taipei have not been able to beat Japan, Korea, Cuba, etc in international tournaments. They may have won once or twice against these countries but I am not so sure.
    I don't think anyone honestly thinks Taiwan is a contender to win, place, or show at the 2009 WBC. But with Wang on the starting staff, they could have a shot--not a great one, to be sure--of advancing out of the regional pool. I mean, if Chan Ho Park hadn't had MVP stuff in the 2006 tournament, who knows how far Korea would have gotten? And who knows how a weaker Team Korea would match up against a Wang-led Taiwanese squad?

  9. #49
    Korea has been fighting Japan in all kind of tournaments. They have lost several games by one run. I still think even with Wang, Korea and Japan should advance.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubano100% View Post
    Korea has been fighting Japan in all kind of tournaments. They have lost several games by one run. I still think even with Wang, Korea and Japan should advance.
    Yeah, that's probably right.

    Anyone care to speculate who Korea's starting pitchers will be? All of the MLB prospects I've followed have been busts (except, of course, that kid pitching low A ball for the Cubs).

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Americanoutlaw2.0 View Post
    Tean USA

    Starting Pitchers
    1-Josh Beckett
    2-Justin Verlander
    3-C.C Sabathia
    4-Brandon Webb

    Bullpen
    Pat Neschek
    Clayton Kershaw
    Jonathan Papelbon
    Joba Chamberian
    JJ Putz
    Manny Delcarmen
    Shaun Marcum
    Dan Haren
    Zack Greinke
    Matt Cain

    Infielders
    Ryan Howard
    Price Fielder
    Chase Utley
    Dustin Pedroia/Troy Tulowitzki
    Derek Jeter
    Ryan Zimerman
    Alex Gordon


    Outfielders
    Grady Sizemore
    Carl Crawford
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Ryan Braun
    Jeff Franceour
    Nick Markakis

    Catchers
    Brain McCann
    Jason Varitek
    Jarrod Saitalamacchia


    DH
    Ryan Howard
    Price Fielder
    Ryan Zimerman
    Jarrod Saitalamacchia
    Brain McCann
    Nick Markakis

    Manager and Coaches
    Manager-Tommy Lasorda
    Bench Coach-Davey Johnson
    1B Coach-Reggie Smith
    3B Coach-Ken Griffey SR
    Pitching Coach-Jimmy Keys
    Leo Mazzone
    Hitting Coach-Don Mattingly
    Bullpen Coach-Gary Carter
    __________________
    I trying redo this roster by add some AAA stars and american players who play oversea

    anyone want to help???
    Last edited by Americanoutlaw2.0; 04-24-2008 at 01:08 PM.

  12. #52
    can someone do mexico??

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubano100% View Post
    Korea has been fighting Japan in all kind of tournaments. They have lost several games by one run. I still think even with Wang, Korea and Japan should advance.
    Even without Wang, Korea and Taiwan will go head to head and nobody could predict who will win.
    Taiwan has deep pitching. Lin En Yu, Chang Chi Chia are very tough pitcher to beat.

  14. #54
    Taiwan is going to have hard time to beat Korea if they send their A team...the half dozen guys who had experiences in the MLB and the bats of Seung Yeop and Dae Ho Lee.
    Frank's Field of Dreams
    "If I build it, you'll come."

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,559
    Blog Entries
    3
    Here is my attempt at selecting the Mexican squad:

    Team-Mexico

    Starting Pitchers
    1-Yovani Gallardo
    2-Francisco Campos
    3-Oliver Pérez
    4-Esteban Loaiza

    Bullpen-
    Luis Ayala
    David Cortés
    Édgar González
    Joakim Soria
    Pablo Ortega
    Andres Meza
    Dennys Reyes
    Ricardo Rincón
    Luis Navarro
    Elmer Dessens

    Total Pitchers-14


    Catchers
    Gerónimo Gil
    Miguel Ojeda
    Cesar Tapia

    Total number of Catchers-3


    Infielders-
    Jorge Cantú
    Hernando Arredondo
    Luis Cruz
    Erubiel Durazo
    Benji Gil
    Adrián González
    Francisco Mendez

    Totals numbers of Infielders-7


    Outfielders-
    Karim García
    Luis Alfonso García
    Luis Carlos "Clipper" Garcia
    Christian Quintero
    Alfredo Amézaga
    Sergio Contreras


    Totals of Outfielders-6



    DH
    Pick players form Outfielders and Infielders-
    Erubiel Durazo
    Karim García
    Cesar Tapia

    Totals Numbers of players-30

    Manager-Francisco Estrada

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro51 View Post
    Taiwan is going to have hard time to beat Korea if they send their A team...the half dozen guys who had experiences in the MLB and the bats of Seung Yeop and Dae Ho Lee.
    Korea has no dominating pitcher. Taiwan has some. Lin En Yu, Chang Chi Chia, Kuo Hong Chi.

  17. #57
    Taiwanese pitcher are not dominating...most of them's fastball tops out at 90 mph.

    If Lin/Chang are so great then Lin would not be pitching in Japan's Minor League more than he has done on the Ichi-Team. Chang got released by Seibu and no MLB team showed interest even on a Minor League contract when he did workouts in Arizona. Taiwan also have absolute no HR threat other than Chin-Feng Chen, sluggers like Tai-Shang Chang, Chia-Hsien Hsieh looked silly when they face pitchers with 90 mph because most CPBL pitchers they faced's fastball is about 80-85 mph range.
    Frank's Field of Dreams
    "If I build it, you'll come."

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro51 View Post
    Taiwan is going to have hard time to beat Korea if they send their A team...the half dozen guys who had experiences in the MLB and the bats of Seung Yeop and Dae Ho Lee.
    I really have no idea if Korea or Taiwan is better. My gut tells me it's Korea, but that's largely based on the team's performance in the WBC and the Olympic qualifiers this year. But I think it should be noted that Lee Seung Yeop isn't likely to bring much of a bat to the 2009 WBC. He's terrible: http://eastwindupchronicle.com/lee-seung-yeop-demoted/.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post
    Here is my attempt at selecting the Mexican squad:

    Team-Mexico

    Starting Pitchers
    1-Yovani Gallardo
    2-Francisco Campos
    3-Oliver Pérez
    4-Esteban Loaiza

    Bullpen-
    Luis Ayala
    David Cortés
    Édgar González
    Joakim Soria
    Pablo Ortega
    Andres Meza
    Dennys Reyes
    Ricardo Rincón
    Luis Navarro
    Elmer Dessens

    Total Pitchers-14


    Catchers
    Gerónimo Gil
    Miguel Ojeda
    Cesar Tapia

    Total number of Catchers-3


    Infielders-
    Jorge Cantú
    Hernando Arredondo
    Luis Cruz
    Erubiel Durazo
    Benji Gil
    Adrián González
    Francisco Mendez

    Totals numbers of Infielders-7


    Outfielders-
    Karim García
    Luis Alfonso García
    Luis Carlos "Clipper" Garcia
    Christian Quintero
    Alfredo Amézaga
    Sergio Contreras


    Totals of Outfielders-6



    DH
    Pick players form Outfielders and Infielders-
    Erubiel Durazo
    Karim García
    Cesar Tapia

    Totals Numbers of players-30

    Manager-Francisco Estrada
    Not too frightening, huh? Mexico's lucky that they're playing in front of hometown fans in the first round--and against the easiest draw in the tournament (South Africa and Australia). It'll be a real fight between Korea and Mexico in the second round to see who's worse.

    With its abysmal showing at the Olympic qualifiers, is there someone out there who can put in a good word for Mexican baseball?
    Last edited by Rally Monkey; 04-26-2008 at 06:39 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro51 View Post
    Taiwanese pitcher are not dominating...most of them's fastball tops out at 90 mph.

    If Lin/Chang are so great then Lin would not be pitching in Japan's Minor League more than he has done on the Ichi-Team. Chang got released by Seibu and no MLB team showed interest even on a Minor League contract when he did workouts in Arizona.
    Lin already proved himself in 2007 WC. When he is healthy, he is simply unhitterable. In Asia Baseball Championship 2007, he felt sudden pain in his back at 5th inning of the game against Korea and allowed three-run homer as the result.
    Also Chang was arguably best pitcher in Final Qualifier of Olympic.

    Taiwan also have absolute no HR threat other than Chin-Feng Chen, sluggers like Tai-Shang Chang, Chia-Hsien Hsieh looked silly when they face pitchers with 90 mph because most CPBL pitchers they faced's fastball is about 80-85 mph range.
    Actually no HR threat is the problem of Team Korea. In Final Qualifier of Olympic, Korea hit only two home runs, which is same as Germany.

    I think the weak point of Taiwan is their defense. Some of their infielders are just horrible at glove.

  20. #60
    Team Canada
    1-Erik Bedard
    2-Rich Harden
    3-Jeff Francis
    4-Adam Loewen


    Bullpen
    Jesse Crain
    Ryan Braun
    Scott Mathieson
    Shawn Hill
    Ryan Dempster
    Aaron Myette
    Phillipe Aumont
    Eric Gagne
    Eric Cyr
    Chris Begg


    Catchers
    Russell Martin
    Christopher Robinson
    George Kottaras

    Infielders
    Justin Morneau
    Joey Votto
    Scott Thorman
    Danny Klassen
    Kevin Nicholson
    Taylor Green
    Pete Orr

    Outfielders
    Jason Bay
    Matt Stairs
    Mark Teahan
    Jamie Romak
    Adam Stern
    Sebastien Boucher

    Manager-Ernie Whitt

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •