• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xholdourownx
    756*
    • Jul 2006

Chipper and 400

We all know Chipper is hitting over .400 and hit his 400th home run. Anyone watching the game see where it was mentioned Georgia-400 should be Chipper-400. I thought it was very appropriate.

But it made me think that there should be roads in Atlanta named after our sports stars. More than just the roads the stadiums are on.
    I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
    Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit
  • Extra Innings
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by xholdourownx View Post
    But it made me think that there should be roads in Atlanta named after our sports stars. More than just the roads the stadiums are on.
    I second that. Atleast they can change 1 of the 100 Peachtree streets to Chipper Way.
    Last edited by Extra Innings; 06-06-2008, 06:45 AM.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
      chipper aka met-killer
      • Aug 2007

congrats to chipper... great hitting tonight by him. it's just impressive to watch. smooth as silk.

Comment

• BravesFanForever
        The return to Glory
        • Jan 2008

Yeah Congrats to Chipper, what an accomplishment! He is 3rd all time with homers by a switch hitter and second all time batting average for a switch hitter. He is a great player and I hope he continues to play this well!

And yes, they should change some of the roads to the athletes names....especially chipper, smoltz, glavine, and so on.
        "I never thought home runs were all that exciting. I still think the triple is the most exciting thing in baseball. To me, a triple is like a guy taking the ball on his 1-yard line and running 99 yards for a touchdown." -Hank Aaron

Comment

• xholdourownx
          756*
          • Jul 2006

At this point I would say lets just start by getting a street named after the Braves as a team. They have done enough for the city of Atlanta right?
          I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
          Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X