Page 294 of 442 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 8837

Thread: Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

  1. #5861
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    427
    I spot the filled in vertical windows that used to be on the side of gate 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

  2. #5862
    Good eye, Gehrig27.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

  3. #5863
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehrig27 View Post
    I spot the filled in vertical windows that used to be on the side of gate 2.
    most of the building details were blunted or removed in renovation...

  4. #5864
    new pictures from yesterday

    http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/6603040.php

  5. #5865
    This is a crime against humanity happening in slow motion. We have lost our way. Mankind can not continue in a post Yankee Stadium (Huge "s") world the way it has for thousands of years. Our morrings have been cut and insanity will surely win the day. I only pray God has mercy on us all. At least those of us who spoke out against it. The rest of you are so screwed.
    Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

  6. #5866
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxlugar View Post
    This is a crime against humanity happening in slow motion. We have lost our way. Mankind can not continue in a post Yankee Stadium (Huge "s") world the way it has for thousands of years. Our morrings have been cut and insanity will surely win the day. I only pray God has mercy on us all. At least those of us who spoke out against it. The rest of you are so screwed.
    taking maxluger seriously fail

  7. #5867
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,842
    I hope somebody from BBF will be there today to take pictures, as I think section 2 will be coming down this afternoon...

  8. #5868
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Medford,NY
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by RationalNYYfan View Post
    taking maxluger seriously fail
    Awesome!!!
    Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

    “I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
    Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”


  9. #5869
    wow. 2 thirds of the stadium will be gone any minute now. It will be all gone by my 50th birthday in 2 weeks. I feel old. April first. No, not a crime against humanity, but still sad. I've given up on gate 2. thats a big shame. Yankees and city could have approached community groups to make a deal. I'm afraid that whoever said the steinbrenners want to destroy all evidence of Jacob Ruppert's (and col. Huston's) stadium so only the Steinbrenner building remained is probably right. I'm really surprised someone across the street doesnt appreciate that. But what do I know. Im just an april fool.

  10. #5870
    This is Tiananmen Square for ghosts.
    Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

  11. #5871
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    KPIT Airport
    Posts
    1,139
    Are these red lines in agreement? The yellow double line would be the added columns to support the upper deck and loge cantilevers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aviator_Frank; 03-18-2010 at 10:08 AM.

  12. #5872
    The more of this demo I watch, the more I realize how complicated the renovation must have been for engineers in the 1970s. No wonder Baltimore spent less $ to build OPCY 16 years later.

    Looks like a vast majority of the ruble we've seen come down thus far has been post 1973. The body weight of the stadium must have tripled after the renovation.

  13. #5873
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    Are these red lines in agreement? The yellow double line would be the added columns to support the upper deck and loge cantilevers.
    I don't think so, sir.

    I believe your red line on the OYS pic is too high.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

  14. #5874
    Got a nice sequence of another part of the UD falling yesterday. I think it would be cool if someone made an animated gif of it. I dont have the time or motivation for it. lol..



    http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium...lition-images/

  15. #5875
    Quote Originally Posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Looks like a vast majority of the ruble we've seen come down thus far has been post 1973. The body weight of the stadium must have tripled after the renovation.
    Wrong. The vast majority of the rubble is pre-1973. All of the upper deck, so far--with the exception of the last ten rows--is 1922 and 1927. The bleachers were built in 1935. The only post-'73 rubble is the roof, and the last rows of the UD.

  16. #5876
    I was able to slide around the area after 2PM and took digital photos from some nearby roofs for a little something different. That's for tonight though. For now a little appetizer from the good old cell phone:

    Bobby Jackson
    PS. If any of you mugs were taking photos this afternoon,I may have caught you from the roof

    Date of photo is March18,2010.



    A lot of digging in the left field lodges and that upper deck piece has workers walking around it. The Gate is still there and it doesn't LOOK like anything today.
    Last edited by 410 FT; 03-18-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Wrong date stamp

  17. #5877
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Section 538, Row 1
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by 410 FT View Post
    I was able to slide around the area after 2PM and took digital photos from some nearby roofs for a little something different.
    Okay, okay, I gotta know... how were you able to get up on the roof? That's obviously the water tower base from the Earl Theater, so were you up on 845 Gerard? Come clean... spill your secrets, just as the original Yankee Stadium is slowly revealing hers...
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

  18. #5878
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Exactly 2 Miles From Babe Ruth's Final Resting Place
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Okay, okay, I gotta know... how were you able to get up on the roof? That's obviously the water tower base from the Earl Theater, so were you up on 845 Gerard? Come clean... spill your secrets, just as the original Yankee Stadium is slowly revealing hers...
    Lets just say that Bobby has "connections" .... & leave it at that, Gary ..... OK?!!
    ------------------------------------------
    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

    ------------------------------------------

  19. #5879

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
    I don't think so, sir.

    I believe your red line on the OYS pic is too high.
    Actually, his red horizontal line is correct. It corresponds to the floor plane of the new upper deck concourse - circa 1975.
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

    NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

    RYS: "No, I am your father..."

    NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

    RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

  20. #5880
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    Are these red lines in agreement? The yellow double line would be the added columns to support the upper deck and loge cantilevers.
    The red vertical line in your OYS photo would correspont to the double yellow vertical line in your DYS photo. The red vertical line in your DYS photo should originate slightly higher and acted as a secondary vertical "cradle" for the base of the stringer that would sit on both it and the column represented by aforementioned double yellow.

    Incidentally, lower the horizontal red line in your OYS photo a "hair" and you're dead on for the plane of the floor of the new UD concourse circa 1975.
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

    NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

    RYS: "No, I am your father..."

    NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

    RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Page 294 of 442 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •