• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anubis2051
    Bleeds Pinstripes
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    Shea's demolition thread was filled with pictures and tales of adventures at the site.

This thread has been moaning and whining and the occasional link to a radio website.

Step it up, the Bronx: you've got cameras, rooftops, and no excuses.

Gary D., get on this and show the bums how it's done!
    Rooftops huh? Newsflash buddy, those are PRIVATE residences. How would you like it if I came to your house and went up on the roof to take a picture of what was across the street? You wouldn't.

Comment

• JohnCropp
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
      Rooftops huh? Newsflash buddy, those are PRIVATE residences. How would you like it if I came to your house and went up on the roof to take a picture of what was across the street? You wouldn't.
      I also wouldn't take everything I read on a messageboard seriously.

Comment

• ChineseDemocracy
        Better
        • Oct 2008

You don't just saunter up to the roof, come on people.

Obviously you have to ask the super for permission, etc...

JohnCropp, your genius is lost on the internets. I hear there is an opening on NBC.
        No one can make you
        Do what they want to
        You know you're stronger
        Than the lies
        That they tell you

Comment

• JohnCropp
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
          You don't just saunter up to the roof, come on people.

Obviously you have to ask the super for permission, etc...

JohnCropp, your genius is lost on the internets. I hear there is an opening on NBC.
          NEVER!

Comment

• The Monument
            • Feb 2007

I've been in those buildings, trying to get to the roof. First time, I found out the hard way that the stairway to the roof is alarmed. Another time, Mrs Super told me it's ok, go ahead, but the alarm went off again.. Other times I haven't been able to locate the Super. I did get a couple of nice shots thru a hallway window once.
            Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Mary Ellen
              MR Sec 12 Row E Seat 1
              • Jul 2008

Just curious - the only stadium opening day Shea Stadium saw was its own. It was gone by the time CF opened. Will OYS be gone by opening day 2010?

If not, its kind of strange that it will linger past 2 season openers. Yankee fans can't be happy about that. All of the souvenirs must be removed by now. What is taking so long?

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Mary Ellen View Post
                All of the souvenirs must be removed by now. What is taking so long?
                Just a guess - three factors:

1) The Mets needed the space for Citi Field parking, hence the need for speed. No such situation in the Bronx.

2) Yankee Stadium is not in the middle of a parking lot, so more care has to be taken in knocking down the place.

3) Turner is handling the demolition for YS. Maybe their methods are different from Breeze, who did the deed to Shea.
                My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• mandrake
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                  Just a guess - three factors:

1) The Mets needed the space for Citi Field parking, hence the need for speed. No such situation in the Bronx.

2) Yankee Stadium is not in the middle of a parking lot, so more care has to be taken in knocking down the place.

3) Turner is handling the demolition for YS. Maybe their methods are different from Breeze, who did the deed to Shea.
                  I vote for door number 2.

RYS has a new billion dollar stadium on the north side, a brand new parking garage to the west, the large parking garage on 157th Street to the south, and a very busy elevated line to the east. I think this demo will last a long time, unless they can shut down the 4 line (very doubtful)

Comment

• RfkFedEx
                    • Jul 2009

Guys, I don't read all of the new posts in this thread every day and I haven't seen any new pics of late. Has there been any visible progress in the demo work?

At this pace it seems as if it will go well into next season.

Comment

• JCCC
                      • Aug 2009

Some new pics have finally been added to the WCBS site.

Comment

• Maxlugar
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by JCCC View Post
                        Some new pics have finally been added to the WCBS site.

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/6126809.php
                        Some of those pics from the right field extension area look like they are ripping out the flooring that covered up the cat walks.

The cat walks! They might be exposed again! Cat walks!

Meow!
                        Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• RfkFedEx
                          • Jul 2009

An entire year into this project and it looks like they got a stop work order.

Comment

• Jim Vaz
                            • Oct 2007

Thanks for the update pics.
                            Progress looks about the same, although they may have been able to get a little deeper in on the areas below the upper deck. Field area looks a lot cleaner and tightened up, looks like they're just about ready to start removing the upper deck.

Comment

• Jim Vaz
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
                              An entire year into this project and it looks like they got a stop work order.
                              You noting this as an opinion or is that indeed fact?

Comment

• RfkFedEx
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
                                You noting this as an opinion or is that indeed fact?
                                Purely opinion and nothing more.

It would be huge news around here if the demo were actually shut down.

I'm just surprised at how slow it has been over the last 15 months. As if they rebuilt the place with kryptonite during the renovation in the 70s.

It doesn't look like there's much activity these days judging by the lack of equipment on the field.

The slow pace has probably been explained in this thread, but I haven't read all of the posts.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X