Page 318 of 442 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 8837

Thread: Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
    Here is another photo from March 24, 2010. The photo was merged and filtered in Adobe.

In the words of Chipper Jones "The Babe was quite an architect."

This photo looks like RYS & OYS just had a baby...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    This photo looks like RYS & OYS just had a baby...
    You can do some cool things in Adobe with filters.....This particuliar filter actually enhances the architectural lines.

"Some Ballyard"

Here is another photo from March 24, 2010. The photo was merged and filtered in Adobe.
    Wow! That looks like a vintage picture postcard. Well done.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Too bad that stupid pod is still there, that would be an even more amazing photo.

Wouldn't it suck if a pod was the last thing to be demolished?

Of even worse: The city decided to save a pod for the park!!!
    Last edited by doctor_gogol; 03-26-2010 at 04:17 PM.

OK you mugs,here it is. The Director's Cut. I was pissed I just got there for the last demo late, so here it is,The Director's Cut- Bobby Jackson's Yankee Stadium Demolition,The Final Upper Deck-3/25/2010. (Petemc1969,imbed this baby at any time.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD4lHz_jlvs

You know, I finaly agree with everyone on this site who stated that there was nothing left of the 1923 Stadium. I mean, is it not obvious that the 1974 renovation totaly destroyed Old Yankee Stadium and made it unrecognizable?
    Yes I'm being sarcastic here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Wow! That looks like a vintage picture postcard. Well done.
    Thanks for the compliment.

Nothing can compare to the work you have done capturing the demolition of Yankee Stadium and the Final Season.

Same goes to Bobby Jackson.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_gogol View Post
    Too bad that stupid pod is still there, that would be an even more amazing photo.

Wouldn't it suck if a pod was the last thing to be demolished?

Sad....And it may even be true that the Pod will be the last piece of Yankee Stadium standing.

The pod would certainly compliment the Flying Cluster Seats planned for the existing Yankee Stadium site

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneslatts View Post
    You know, I finaly agree with everyone on this site who stated that there was nothing left of the 1923 Stadium. I mean, is it not obvious that the 1974 renovation totaly destroyed Old Yankee Stadium and made it unrecognizable?
    Yes I'm being sarcastic here.
    A picture is worth a thousand words.....Some you could show photos and they would still deny the fact that it was the same exterior wall.

Yankee Stadium...A thing of beauty!

I sent you a private message.

Blog Entries
    Amazing how beautiful she actually looks with that upper deck gone.

So sad that in a few days the house that Ruth built will be gone...

Just a quick aside. As I eat and watch TV in the kitchen,this is what I see right now:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    Amazing how beautiful she actually looks with that upper deck gone.

So sad that in a few days the house that Ruth built will be gone...
    One more photo before I call it a night. This photo was a little harder to stich together considering I had to edit out two cars. March 24, 2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There was a time in NYC when amazing buildings were built in NYC at great speed, ahead of schedule, and usually under budget. Where did our work ethic, our quality, our determination go?

A year for Yankee Stadium. About the same for the Polo Grounds. 14 months for the Empire State Building. 18 months for the Chrysler Building (no deaths either). At least the ESB and Chrysler will hopefully be with us and our children and their children.

What has happened to us where we dispose of classic buildings with no regard for history? True, the tragedy of Penn Station saved the life of Grand Central Terminal, but it still remains one of the dumbest things NYC ever did. (600,000 people a day pass thru Penn vs 140,000 at GCT).

This quote from Jackie O. was about GCT in response to Penn Station, but it fits the mood about OYS.

"Is it not cruel to let our city die by degrees, stripped of all her proud monuments, until there will be nothing left of all her history and beauty to inspire our children? If they are not inspired by the past of our city, where will they find the strength to fight for her future? Americans care about their past, but for short term gain they ignore it and tear down everything that matters. Maybe… this is the time to take a stand, to reverse the tide, so that we won't all end up in a uniform world of steel and glass boxes."

YankeeStadium1923,
    Beautiful. I would buy baseball cards again if they looked like that.
    Last edited by 410 FT; 03-26-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 410 FT View Post
    OK you mugs,here it is. The Director's Cut. I was pissed I just got there for the last demo late, so here it is,The Director's Cut- Bobby Jackson's Yankee Stadium Demolition,The Final Upper Deck-3/25/2010. (Petemc1969,imbed this baby at any time.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD4lHz_jlvs
    At 1:25 there's this bird flying up and away from that demo, "I'm outa here!". LOL

What happened in that video however is not LOL(Can we save even one smokestack or 50 feet of the stern???) . . .
    Last edited by NYFan1stYankFan2nd; 03-26-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_gogol View Post

Don't put it past 'em! LOL!!
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Great pics today...sad but great documentation.

Going into the Bronx to catch games at the old stadium (the renovated one at that) used to get my adrenalin going. There was something about the history of the place that made watching a game there "the real deal". The only places that compared were Fenway and Wrigley (hmmmm, what do they all have in common?). Other than parts of the exterior, the NYS is a generic, boring mess, and venturing into the Bronx for an overpriced seat in a soulless stadium isn't worth the effort. If I make two games a year there from now on, that'll be a stretch. The thrill is gone, and once Jeter, Posada & Mariano are gone, there'll be little reason to go there. This from a baseball fan since he was 5. I'll be spending more time at Citi...even with all it's billboard clutter and piss poor ownership. For me, the Yankee shark will have officially jumped once gate 2 comes down. And it won't be long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
    Great pics today...sad but great documentation.

Going into the Bronx to catch games at the old stadium (the renovated one at that) used to get my adrenalin going. There was something about the history of the place that made watching a game there "the real deal". The only places that compared were Fenway and Wrigley (hmmmm, what do they all have in common?). Other than parts of the exterior, the NYS is a generic, boring mess, and venturing into the Bronx for an overpriced seat in a soulless stadium isn't worth the effort. If I make two games a year there from now on, that'll be a stretch. The thrill is gone, and once Jeter, Posada & Mariano are gone, there'll be little reason to go there. This from a baseball fan since he was 5. I'll be spending more time at Citi...even with all it's billboard clutter and piss poor ownership. For me, the Yankee shark will have officially jumped once gate 2 comes down. And it won't be long.
    Im with ya.

For the 10 years prior to the closing i went to roughly 8-10 games a year. I went once last year. Ill probably go once or twice a year here on out and thats about it. If im going to be dealing with amenities ill just watch the game in HDTV in the comfort of my own home...with my own garlic fries.

What amazes me is how people, who have supposedbly loved the Yankees since they were 5, would rather go to a Mets game at Citi Field than a Yankees game at Yankee Stadium. I understand the whole thing with RYS and you grew up there, but its just building. How can you stop liking the team because of a stupid building they play in. What matters is on the field.

A panorama I made last July -- I can make it up there for whatever happens this coming Tuesday and/or Wednesday because I have off from work for Passover.

Page 318 of 442 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast