Thread: 3D Model of Ebbets Field c.1912

3D Model of Ebbets Field c.1912

Hello all,

I've been following bkhockey's 1923 Yankee Stadium/Polo Grounds builds, as well as Kaplanski's late '60s Yankee Stadium build, and decided to get into the game.

So, after a few e-mails, a phone call, and $75, I have three sheets of the 1912 Ebbets Field blueprints in high resolution. I've imported the parts of the blueprints that I will need to begin fleshing out the skeleton of the stadium, and I'm close to finishing the first module. Please tell me what you think! Here are the first two screenshots:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg
    Last edited by JOVE23; 12-04-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    Module underway?
    I think that's how I'm going to tackle it, once I get one module fully fleshed out it shouldn't be that hard to duplicate the rest of them

I cannot wait to follow the progress, and help out in any way I can! We'll have Yankee Stadium and Ebbets Field - all that will be left is Polo Grounds!

Quote Originally Posted by locke40 View Post
    I cannot wait to follow the progress, and help out in any way I can! We'll have Yankee Stadium and Ebbets Field - all that will be left is Polo Grounds!
    Agreed. Wasn't there already some progress being made on a Polo Grounds model not too long ago?
    ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Can't wait til guys start arguing about the color scheme in the rotunda.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Here is a study of the right field scoreboard in flattened view with right field wall.Ebbets-Right-F.jpg

The signs changed almost every year. As well as the Shaefer Beer atop the scored had several revisions in advertising.
    This study here combines signs from different years. I still need to add the speakers atop the scoreboard and flag pole. And add the Chevrolet sign to the far left.
    Last edited by Sparticus; 12-15-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Birds Eye View constructed in Photoshop.EBBETS FIELD-LORES.jpg