Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Danbury Mint Stadiums

Danbury Mint Stadiums

People started talking about the Danbury Mint stadium models in the NYS thread so I figured that I would create a thread specifically devoted to these models. What models do you have and show pics if you got em.

I can't post photos yet but I will name off which Danbury Mint stadium models I have:

Sportsmans Park
    Busch Stadium II
    Fenway Park
    Polo Gounds

Shea Stadium
    Polo Grounds
    Ebbets Field
    Old Yankee Stadium
    Renovated Yankee Stadium
    RFK Stadium (Redskins)
    FedEx Field

I also have a few other replica stadiums (non-Danbury Mint):

Keyspan Park (Brooklyn Cyclones)
    Citibank Park (Long Island Ducks)
    Shea Stadium (1964 version - Mets giveaway)

I have two Shea Stadiums - one I ordered direct from DM, the other I got second-hand on Ebay - and Giants Stadium (football). I'd like to get the 1976-2008 Yankee Stadium (not the 1923-1973 version), and Madison Square Garden (preferably in hockey configuration).

I've found, although this is mainly by looking at the pictures, that not all of the Danbury Mint stadiums are of equal quality. Some of the stadiums look like they're out of proportion somewhat.

Non-Danbury stadiums I have are the 1964 Shea Stadium model given away by the Mets in 2004; for what it is, it's a nice replica. I also have a KeySpan Park replica given away by the Brooklyn Cyclones a few years ago. There's a major design error in that one; it depicts the last row of seats as being above the concourse, whereas in reality the last row is flush with it.

Actually, one of the best series of ballpark replicas to come out was Kenner's Starting Lineup "Stadium Stars" series; these had a large figure of a ballplayer standing over a miniature plastic replica of their ballpark. I bought many of these and got rid of the player just to have the stadium!

I can only imagine what McFarlane Toys would do with ballparks...
    X
    Here's the payoff pitch from Familia to Fowler, on the way... and it's IN THERE! Strike three called! The Mets win the pennant! The New York Mets have won the National League pennant! Put it in the books! The New York Mets for the first time in 15 years are champions of the National League!
    - Howie Rose calls the Mets winning the 2015 National League Championship Series - NYM at CHI, October 21, 2015, WOR Radio

I have the original 12 "old" stadiums DM came out with before they realized how popular they would become.

Old Yankee Stadium
    Tiger Stadium
    Comiskey Park
    Wrigley Field
    Polo Grounds
    Ebbets Field
    Sportsman Park
    Crosley Field
    Griffith Stadium
    Fenway Park
    Forbes Field
    Shibe Park

I added "New" Yankee Stadium.
    I guess I started around 1996 getting one a month for around $37 or $38. I think they are all close facsimiles except for Old Yankee Stadium. I thought they could have done a better job with it considering they did such a good job on the others. "New" Yankee Stadium is a very accurate rendition in my opinion.

Just like I said in the New Yankee Stadium thread, here's what I have:

OLD Yankee Stadium (pre-renovation)
    Ebbett's Field
    ugly Fenway Park
    Wrigley Field
    a stadium the Pirates played in with a house that was like right next to home plate

That's all I can remember

The New Comiskey Park model is absolutley awful. It's like they didn't even try. They need to redo it, especially since it has been renovated.

Quote Originally Posted by soxnut67 View Post
    The New Comiskey Park model is absolutley awful. It's like they didn't even try. They need to redo it, especially since it has been renovated.
    I just looked at the latest version, and it looks better than what I've seen before, unless what I saw before wasn't a danbury?

It still isn't current though.
    Last edited by soxnut67; 12-08-2007 at 06:41 PM.

Crosley Field, Cincinnati
    Riverfront Stadium, Cincinnati
    Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
    Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Durham, NC

i only collect stadiums i have been to, so i have:

PNC Park
    Skydome
    Citizen's Bank Park
    Yankee Stadium
    Original Yankee Stadium
    Modern Wrigley Field
    Miller Park
    Modern Angel Stadium
    Oriole Park
    Turner Field
    Jacob's Field

hopefully, i will be getting some more for christmas, i am missing 9 stadiums i have been to

I've got Shea and a mile long wish list!

I've got Shea Stadium and Dolphin Stadium (football). They don't make a baseball version of Dolphin Stadium. They currently are sold out of Yankee Stadium (1976-P) so I'm on back order for that. Yankee Stadium (1923-73) looks nothing like the stadium and resembles one of those cheaper ones you see on fansedge.com for sale.

What I really want is the Lighted Yankee Stadium-II that comes complete with the elevated #4 train tracks. If anybody has one already, do the windows of the subway train light up also? That one is pricey ($199) and also they don't make it anymore (I don't know why) so I'll have to get if off of eBay.

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/pr...ingle-_-go-btn

Not baseball, but I also have the Rose Bowl that came specially designed with the field markings for the 2002 game between Miami and Nebraska. I bring this up for one reason. For the college football stadiums, all the models are very large scale but all the pro football and MLB stadiums the models are small scale. Why is that? My Rose Bowl is almost 3 x the size of the Shea Stadium model. I would love for the pro stadiums to be available in that same size.

That being said, I would love to have one of each MLB + NFL stadium, but that would...lets say cost a lot of money... and I would definitely need to have a den of some sort to have all 62 stadiums displayed. The lovely wife would not take lightly to the living room resembling a sports bar.
    Obladi, Oblada...

July 30, 1978 @ Yankee Stadium (DH vs. Minnesota) My childhood introduction in-person to the greatest game ever.

Onle the Stadium lights work.

I've got the lighted Yankee Stadium. (A very beautiful piece.)
    Only the Stadium lights work.

I have a couple of dozen Danburys. Of course the one I wanted to be the best-old Yankee Stadium-is the worst. I also have the deluxe size modern Yankee Stadium, and it is a beauty. Terrific scale and detail. The only one I ever sent back was the Marlins stadium. It's not a baseball park so I don't want it. Is Danbury still making these pieces? I haven't received one in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by sflnyc View Post
    They don't make a baseball version of Dolphin Stadium . . . What I really want is the Lighted Yankee Stadium-II that comes complete with the elevated #4 train tracks.
    There is, indeed, a baseball version of Dolphin Stadium... it's probably called Joe Robbie or Pro Player if you're looking for it on Ebay, but it does exist.

Piece of trivia: the lighted version of the 1976-2008 Yankee Stadium was the first version of that stadium Danbury Mint made, the "normal" version came afterwards.
    X
    Here's the payoff pitch from Familia to Fowler, on the way... and it's IN THERE! Strike three called! The Mets win the pennant! The New York Mets have won the National League pennant! Put it in the books! The New York Mets for the first time in 15 years are champions of the National League!
    - Howie Rose calls the Mets winning the 2015 National League Championship Series - NYM at CHI, October 21, 2015, WOR Radio

I have the following stadiums from the Danbury Mint...

Astrodome
    Minute Maid Park
    Ballpark In Arlington
    Old Yankee Stadium
    Deluxe New Yankee Stadium (the one that lights up...very awesome)

Others I have but not from the Danbury Mint...
    Dodger Stadium
    Fenway Park
    Wrigley Field
    Tiger Stadium
    Ebbets Field
    Polo Grounds
    Colt Stadium
    Astrodome
    Minute Maid Park
    Yankee Stadium
    Dell Diamond
    Whataburger Field
    Cleveland Stadium
    Superdome

Here are a couple of shots of my Busch II replica.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are some shots of my Sportsmans Park replica.

Fenway Park

Polo Grounds

Great thread by the way I own a current shea stadium danberry mint replica C60

How do you clean the dust off them? Mine wound up getting really dusty at one time, and my mom cleaned the dust off of them somehow, and now I have my own apartment, so I really wanna know how to clean the dust off. I'm afraid to use a wet cloth because the paint might come off.

Jimz I recommend a light sandpaper or a teeny tiny vacuum cleaner.

Compressed air can from a computer store.

I've been collecting these for years. Expensive, but pretty cool.

My collection

From the third shot in stlfan's post, it appears that the Polo Grounds is from the 1962-1963 era, when the Mets played there. I can't tell from the photos if there's a scoreboard on the centerfield clubhouse, or just the Chesterfield sign.
    X

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast