Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizens Bank Park

Citizens Bank Park

Can someone post some big pictures on here of the CBP?

CBP is one of my favorite ballparks. The closeness of the fans really shows through on TV, especially those side angle shots.

Clean look. I sat in the upper deck and it wasn't bad (not as good as PNC, much better than the Jake). I'd lose the standalone Liberty Bell. Suites nicely inconspicuous (unlike the Jake, with it's 3-story condos in yer face).

There is some from last year

Blog Entries
    Other then the terrible AWFUL (add any insult you like) ridiculous outfield configurations which seem to allow for opposite field bloop home runs and the upper deck gaps that allow wind to blow out towards the outfield, the place looks tremendous.

Thank you all, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I really wish NYS went with the extended ends of the upperdeck, rather than cutting it off short, and actually pointing the opposite direction.

It's a nice park with some nice features. It's very airy and open in the halls. Certainly up there on the list of ballparks I've visited.

I think its one of the nicer looking newer ballparks, but Texas has the best looking "newer" ballpark.

It's the closest MLB stadium to where I live, but I've never gotten around to going there.
    -Ryan

I may be Biased

But this is probably the best STRUCTURE by itself of the 15 parks I have visited thus far. People say the drawback is not having the stadium downtown. For visitors to the city oh Philly I can understand that. When I travel to other cities I enjoy having it downtown as well....but those parks would be a nightmare to get to ALL the time and I would think it would get tiring. PETCO comes to mind on that. With that said, as someone who goes to CBP all the time, I love where it is. I compare this to PETCO because they opened at the same time. PETCO didn't have an open concourse upstairs which I didn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan View Post
    PETCO didn't have an open concourse upstairs which I didn't understand.
    Petco not having an open concourse upstairs, i.e, a split upper deck is a good thing. Very good for San Diego. CBP should turn the OF walls from green to blue. Match the seating.
    Last edited by mrakbaseball; 08-24-2008 at 05:12 PM.

They should lose the "Phillies" billboard that blocks the skyline view.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC Bomber View Post

Nice action picture, did you take that?

Quote Originally Posted by JMC Bomber View Post

I wonder who died?

well

By open concourse I mean the ability to see the field of play from the ocncourse.

That billboard beyond centerfield is a really, really bad idea.
    -Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by reh303 View Post
    That billboard beyond centerfield is a really, really bad idea.
    That's been there since they built the Vet. Never bothered anyone before.

That "billboard" is actually a triangular marquee designed to be seen by the traffic on I-76; that's why it's so far away from Citizen's Bank Ballpark. I presume the sign still serves as a marquee.

As seen in the photo posted by tugger, the side facing the Citizen's Bank Ballpark property was originally blank. Leaving it that way would have been a really, really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony19 View Post
    Can someone post some big pictures on here of the CBP?
    I was in Philadelphia on business in May of '05. Got away to see Ken Griffey, Jr. play centerfield at Citizens' Bank Ballpark on a Sunday afternoon. I had a good seat in left-centerfield. Some of the Phillies fans in the row in front of me (young guys drinking beer) were very obnoxious hollering things at the players on the field.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Citizens' Bank Ballpark and Lincoln Financial Field from the parking lot after the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images

one word: RESIZE

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast