Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astros
    • Mar 2007

One of the reasons they do cut off areas closest to the field is because season ticket holders have paid high dollar amounts to sit there or send friends/clients to sit there. They do not want anyone sitting in their seats, especially if that someone is supposed to be on a different level. I know many people find it awkward or embarassing if they have to ask someone to move from their seats. I do tend to think the security can be a little too bullish.

I also think one of the main reasons fans in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium are not allowed in the main portion of the stadium is because they are two separate entrances. To leave the bleachers you need to check out and then check back in when coming into one of the other gates.

Comment

• monkeypants
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
      I hope that's the way of it! My issue is that UpperDeckers like myself do not have access to Field/lower seating areas and vice versa. It's the same damn stadium all 50+ thousand of us are in. And the bleacher creatures - what access do they have to the rest of the Stadium, if any? They're carbon-based oxygen & water consuming human beings, just like those sitting on couches inside their glass boxes with wet bars, right??
      One thing that pisses off is when I show up to the game with my friends or family and go to my seats usually in the upper deck, and some ******* seat crashers are sitting in my seats. This is especially problematic now that the stadium sells out every game. Then you have dicker around showing tickets and compelling the crashers to vacate the seat, only to have them sit mindlessly in some other family's seats in the row in front of you. then, when they show up you get to watch the bickering all over again.

Yes, we are all humans and we all breathe are etc., but we all didn't pay for the same seats. I have little problem with the ushers making sure that the people who paid for specific seats are not inconvenienced by seat crashers. if the fans themselves didn't create the problem, there would be no need for the heavier-handed security.

Which is not to say that the security folks are not ******** as well...they often are.

Comment

• ri95171
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
        Here's YS from the mid 80's. That's Mattingly rounding the bases and Rickey Henderson scoring.
        I can't believe it took me 30 years to realize why "410 FT" in center field was painted black (to match the batters' background, duh).

Reggie: getting hassled or getting some love?
        Reggie would've gotten nothing but love after George cut him loose. One of my favorite baseball moments was his first game back as an Angel, when he hit the home run in the rain and the fans brought back the "REG-GIE" chant.

Comment

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by monkeypants View Post
          One thing that pisses off is when I show up to the game with my friends or family and go to my seats usually in the upper deck, and some ******* seat crashers are sitting in my seats. This is especially problematic now that the stadium sells out every game. Then you have dicker around showing tickets and compelling the crashers to vacate the seat, only to have them sit mindlessly in some other family's seats in the row in front of you. then, when they show up you get to watch the bickering all over again.

Yes, we are all humans and we all breathe are etc., but we all didn't pay for the same seats. I have little problem with the ushers making sure that the people who paid for specific seats are not inconvenienced by seat crashers. if the fans themselves didn't create the problem, there would be no need for the heavier-handed security.

Which is not to say that the security folks are not ******** as well...they often are.
          I guess I'm just too naive, monkey! I didn't think about people doing that in my prior replies.

I crave free access to all of the stadium purely from a leg-stretching, curious photographer perspective. (aren't we all one of those in B-S-G-D?) I respect others's seat/sections, and come only to snap a few photos from an angle I otherwise could not achieve, and go back to my section.

I guess if this was NINTEEN-08, I'd be craving unfettered access to ALL PASSAGEWAYS of the Lusitania - and to photograph the cabin ONLY of anyone willing to let me - just to document her before the big set up of 1915.
          RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• YankeesFan
            • May 2006

Yankee Stadium - Club Level

Hi-

If standing on the club level behind home plate, does anyone know how far out towards each foul pole the club level goes? Besides the club suites and the Yankee Club, is anything else on that level?

- Thanks

Comment

• cgcoyne2
              Jonathan E's number 1 fan
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by monkeypants View Post
              One thing that pisses off is when I show up to the game with my friends or family and go to my seats usually in the upper deck, and some ******* seat crashers are sitting in my seats. This is especially problematic now that the stadium sells out every game. Then you have dicker around showing tickets and compelling the crashers to vacate the seat, only to have them sit mindlessly in some other family's seats in the row in front of you. then, when they show up you get to watch the bickering all over again...
              This is a little much. You pull out your tickets and show them to the person in your seat. They then will leave. They may have made an honest mistake and didn't realize where their seats were.

What's this uncomfortable feeling. They are in your seat. They will move. If for some reason they don't, get security.
              Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                You pull out your tickets and show them to the person in your seat. They then will leave.
                As many of you might surmise, I like to walk around the ballpark and take pictures. One game at Shea I was so busy taking pictures that I didn't even get to my ticketed upper reserved seat until late in the game, maybe not until the 7th inning. So as I made my way through the row to get to my seat, I was told "Someone's sitting there." I responded, "Yeah, me," and showed 'em my ticket. A little while later, the guy who was sitting there returned, surprised to see me in what he thought was "his" seat, and his buddy had to sheepishly tell him otherwise.

Priceless. :cap:
                My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• locke40
                  I ♥ Support Columns
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                  As many of you might surmise, I like to walk around the ballpark and take pictures. One game at Shea I was so busy taking pictures that I didn't even get to my ticketed upper reserved seat until late in the game, maybe not until the 7th inning. So as I made my way through the row to get to my seat, I was told "Someone's sitting there." I responded, "Yeah, me," and showed 'em my ticket. A little while later, the guy who was sitting there returned, surprised to see me in what he thought was "his" seat, and his buddy had to sheepishly tell him otherwise.

Priceless. :cap:
                  That's great. Must have been embarassing for that guy, serves him right.
                  sigpic

Comment

• DHYF162
                    • Jul 2007

Stealing From Yankee Stadium

Comment

• LetsGoMets687
                      Baseball & Apple Pie
                      • Apr 2008

Comment

• YankeeFanBx
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by LetsGoMets687 View Post
                        Talk about your upsets!
                        This guy saying nothing bad about the Yankees, he must have fallen asleep at the keyboard.
                        :gt:gt

Comment

• LetsGoMets687
                          Baseball & Apple Pie
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by YankeeFanBx View Post
                          Talk about your upsets!
                          This guy saying nothing bad about the Yankees, he must have fallen asleep at the keyboard.
                          :noidea

You must have me confused with someone else, Chum. Everyone here knows I've heaped praise on all versions of Yankee Stadium and never trash Yankee fans.

Comment

• nymdan
                            • Mar 2007

ESPN has a really nice feature with 360 degree views inside and outside the stadium:

Comment

• nymdan
                              • Mar 2007

Gary, here's an article for you if you haven't seen it already:

Comment

• Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock
                                Still Treading The Line
                                • Sep 2007

Currently watching the HR Derby from YS. Just wondering which cities Chris Berman will namedrop in response to a long HR. I predict "that one is halfway to Yonkers" and "that one's on it's way to Bristol". That schtick is so predictable now it's become a joke. I wonder if he's in on it?

It's 8:30. I'm surprised he hasn't started yet.
                                Last edited by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock; 07-14-2008, 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling "predictable"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X