X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yankees2k6
    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
    Currently watching the HR Derby from YS. Just wondering which cities Chris Berman will namedrop in response to a long HR. I predict "that one is halfway to Yonkers" and "that one's on it's way to Bristol". That schtick is so predictable now it's become a joke. I wonder if he's in on it?

It's 8:30. I'm surprised he hasn't started yet.
    And he jsut said staten island at the 26th HR
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Q_Zerpnj63I/Sa...flbot-qUQb.jpg

Comment

• Aviator_Frank
      Engineer / Private Pilot
      • Mar 2008

Chris Berman's schtik was cute in 1979 when he, ESPN (and cable TV) were a novelty. Now they're all a colossal bore and have made asses of themselves.

Comment

• Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock
        Still Treading The Line
        • Sep 2007

Yeah. So far tonight, I've also heard Hunters Point, Pelham, and the moon.

Given some of Hamilton blasts, I'll give Berman a pass. What a power display. What I'd give to see a ball clear the frieze.

Comment

• SparkyL
          • Apr 2007

Yeah. So far tonight, I've also heard Hunters Point, Pelham, and the moon.

Given some of Hamilton blasts, I'll give Berman a pass. What a power display. What I'd give to see a ball clear the frieze.
          The way the cameramen are working tonight, if someone does hit one out they will no doubt miss it.

Comment

• Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock
            Still Treading The Line
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
            The way the cameramen are working tonight, if someone does hit one out they will no doubt miss it.
            C'mon, they were probably drinking in the bowling alley across the street before they went on the air :cap:

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
              Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by nymdan View Post
              Gary, here's an article for you if you haven't seen it already:
              http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/nyregion/14bronx.html
              Not only have I already seen it, but I actually bought the paper so I could read it! (I don't normally read the Times, but they mentioned this article on NY1's "In The Papers" segment so I made sure I got a copy.)

That was a good article. It's interesting to read about life across from Yankee Stadium from the perspective of the people who actually do live there.

Can you, or anyone else, post a still from that 360-degree view from the roof of 831 Gerard?
              My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
              https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• nymdan
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                Can you, or anyone else, post a still from that 360-degree view from the roof of 831 Gerard?

Comment

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by nymdan View Post
                  Wouldn't mind living near 1923 or 2009, as long as I had triple-paned glass on the windows in my apt and a good A/C!
                  RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Chevy114
                    • Feb 2008

Since we are on the topic does anyone beleive that josh gibson actually hit one out of the stadium? I mean he was a B.A.!
                    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Gehrig27
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                      Since we are on the topic does anyone beleive that josh gibson actually hit one out of the stadium? I mean he was a B.A.!
                      I remember reading an article a while ago somewhere here on BBF that quoted Gibson as saying that he actually hit it across the roof of the left field upper deck and landed in the visiting bullpen.
                      ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Comment

• LetsGoMets687
                        Baseball & Apple Pie
                        • Apr 2008

Currently watching the HR Derby from YS. Just wondering which cities Chris Berman will namedrop in response to a long HR. I predict "that one is halfway to Yonkers" and "that one's on it's way to Bristol". That schtick is so predictable now it's become a joke. I wonder if he's in on it?

It's 8:30. I'm surprised he hasn't started yet.
                        Give him a little break--broadcasting is not as easy for him without his 222s.

Comment

• Chevy114
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Gehrig27 View Post
                          I remember reading an article a while ago somewhere here on BBF that quoted Gibson as saying that he actually hit it across the roof of the left field upper deck and landed in the visiting bullpen.
                          A big homerun but not as big as the rumors huh?
                          The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Gehrig27
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                            A big homerun but not as big as the rumors huh?
                            Apparently, but still a prodigious shot. :bowdown:
                            ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Comment

• Gehrig27
                              • Jan 2008

There was a really interesting article in the post about some of the hidden places and treasures in Yankee Stadium including the Gehrig pole, secret vault and the championship banners. here's the link: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142008...780.htm?page=1

Comment

• David Atkatz
                                • Jun 2007

The Yankees switched dugouts in the mid 1940s. Jacob Ruppert died in 1939.
                                He had nothing to do with the switch.

Once again, the modern "sportswriters" show that they know nothing at all of Yankee history they didn't directly observe. They'll believe, and print, anything they're told (especially if it's Tony Morante that's doing the telling.)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X