Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizens Bank Park

Quote Originally Posted by THINK BLUE View Post
    Don't bring the Phillies fans into your convoluted argument, i'm sure they would speak for themselves if they bitterly hated Dodger Stadium like you do. All of the Phillies fans I talked to during the NLCS loved the Stadium and maybe if you visited it would change your mind.
    It's just bad for baseball when during a series clinching game, the game is played in front of a laid-back, apathetic crowd that could care less about who won or lost.

the "ignore" button is where?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
    It's just bad for baseball when during a series clinching game, the game is played in front of a laid-back, apathetic crowd that could care less about who won or lost.
    You weren't there you probably have never been there so you have no idea how the crowd is. What did you expect Dodger fans to be going crazy for the Phillies really?!
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

I was in Philadelphia several weeks ago and while I didn't have a chance to attend a game at CBP, I did get some shots from around the exterior of the ballpark. I especially liked the statues around the park and the Robin Roberts one in particular.

Mike Schmidt:

Steve Carlton:

Robin Roberts:

Connie Mack:

Wow that robin roberts statue is so cool!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Yeah, it's really unique. It looks like they took it out of a black and white photograph.

I hope you took a pic of the Philly Phanatic!

I did, in fact, get a picture of the Phanatic.

I have a question. As a big time stadium-hugger I like to go to a stadium and walk around and take a lot of photos. I usually do it before the game. My question is this: At Citizens Bank Park are you allowed to walk all over the stadium and take photos or are you limited in your movements. I know a lot of stadiums now let you go down to field level for batting paractice but only past first and third base. At Citifield I wasn't allowed on the 300 section without a ticket for the 300's (I'm not sure about the Pepsi Porch). Can anyone help. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
    At Citifield I wasn't allowed on the 300 section without a ticket for the 300's (I'm not sure about the Pepsi Porch). Can anyone help. Thank you.
    Can't help about the Philadelphia ballpark but the "Pepsi Porch" at Citi Field is accessible to all. Take the escalator in right field. Also, the Excelsior level in left field is also accessible without a ticket - take the escalator near the "Shake Shack."
    X
    I wonder what it’s like after death. Prob’ly it’s like it is b’fore birth. Is it nothing? Non-existence? That’s not hard t’understand, but it’s hard for people t’accept. It’s hard for them to imagine not existing because all of their memories are of their existence, not non-existence. An’ people ain’t too crazy about the idea of themselves not existing. - Harvey Pekar, “Short Weekend: A Story About the Cosmic and the Ordinary,” American Splendor #3, 1978.

Unless you have a ticket for a seat in the Diamond Club area, you won't be able to go into Sections A-G. In addition, you must have either a ticket for a Diamond Club seat or a Hall of Fame Club seat to get into sections 212-232. Outside of those restrictions, you have full run of the ballpark.

CBP has 1 main concourse that runs all the way around the stadium in a full circle, all with a full view of the field. When you get to the outfield, that main concourse becomes Ashburn Alley. Theoretically, you could spend the entire game just walking laps around the stadium on the main ground level concourse. The stadium was designed with many standing room only areas, and places to meet up and congregate with friends. I have had tickets to games where I saw every pitch from locations other then my assigned seat. In my opinion, a great feature to the ballpark.

The upper decks also have their own concourses as well.

That's a key feature in a good ballpark, to be able to congregate and watch the game standing up. There's nothing I hate more than being confined to the precise area on my ticket.

I always have people I know sitting in different sections and it's great to be able to meet up with whoever you want for an inning or two. Unless it's a big game, and 95% of games are not, baseball is best when you can experience it with people rather than hanging on every pitch. Of course if you only go to a couple games a year it's different.

CBP is one I'll make it out to the next time they come up for the CWS in ILP.
    Go go White Sox

I gotta say, living my whole life in Philly, CBP is such a breath of fresh air after watching games at the Vet for all those years.

The first time I walked into CBP I said to myself, “now THIS is baseball!” It is such a great ballpark to watch a game, I love it.
    “If you didn't like Harry Kalas, you didn't like anybody.” – Bob Uecker

Quote Originally Posted by 17YearsofFutility View Post
    Yeah, it's really unique. It looks like they took it out of a black and white photograph.
    It was designed to look like a B/W photo. The artist who grew up reading the papers with B/W photos only knew of Robin Roberts in that color, so that is how they chose to do the statue. Pretty cool, dontcha think!
    The NY Mets - We do have a pretty good history!

World Champions 1969 & 1986
    NL Champions 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000
    NL East Champions 1969, 1973, 1986, 1988, 2006
    NL Wild Card Winner 1999 & 2000

Quest to see them all: The Trop, Sun Life, Metrodome, Fenway, The Ted, Camden Yards, The Vet, Citizens Bank, New Yankee, Minute Maid, SkyDome, Nats Park, The Jake, PNC, Old Yankee, Shea, Comerica, Great American

Funny!

I love how he high-fives his daughter like she's his frat buddy or something. Very cute scene!

Beautiful ballpark, but when are they going to tear down that ugly sign in the parking lot obstructing the skyline view? I realize the sign was there first, but the view would be so much nicer without that eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by quemortal View Post
    Beautiful ballpark, but when are they going to tear down that ugly sign in the parking lot obstructing the skyline view? I realize the sign was there first, but the view would be so much nicer without that eyesore.
    i soooo agree. i would have thought that they would have taken it down a couple of yrs. ago when they completed the Comcast skyscraper. the closest explanation i ever got from the phils office,in past yrs., was that they THOUGHT it had something to do with having to fulfill the remainder of some advertising contract,or something, before they could remove it. either that, or it still remains as a visual landmark sign for new visitors to recognize where the complex is, from the expressway. why not just relocate it a couple hundred feet to the left,to behind the scoreboard let's say,and everybody would be happy.

Went to the game today... What a gorgeous day for baseball.

Citizens Bank Park 05-01-2010

Visted Citizens Bank Park yesterday.
    I sat in section 422 row 16 and was in a nice cool zone with the breeze.
    CBP is in top 5 for my favorite ballparks.
    I did get ripped by the young philly fans who were drunk(i expected that)
    However the older fans were very nice but still ribbing me for being a met fan.
    Its all in good fun.
    here are a couple of pics
    view of pregame warmup, Philly skyline, first pitch
    Roy Halladay delivery
    Victorino three run homer off pelfrey
    link of the rest of my photos below
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7999893...7623979300690/
    Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    Visted Citizens Bank Park yesterday.
    I sat in section 422 row 16 and was in a nice cool zone with the breeze.
    CBP is in top 5 for my favorite ballparks.
    I did get ripped by the young philly fans who were drunk(i expected that)
    However the older fans were very nice but still ribbing me for being a met fan.
    Its all in good fun.
    here are a couple of pics
    view of pregame warmup, Philly skyline, first pitch
    Roy Halladay delivery
    Victorino three run homer off pelfrey
    link of the rest of my photos below
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7999893...7623979300690/
    Enjoy.
    peterrod
    Nice pictures. Without beating a dead horse, IMHO it beats Citi Field because the ads are not so overbearing, and there does not seem to be any stairways to the top deck.

Other than those 2 issues, they almost seem like clones (well ,clones in a mirror)

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    peterrod
    Nice pictures. Without beating a dead horse, IMHO it beats Citi Field because the ads are not so overbearing, and there does not seem to be any stairways to the top deck.

Other than those 2 issues, they almost seem like clones (well ,clones in a mirror)
    Mandrake,
    yes CBP & Citi are almost identical but certain things i noticed different from citi.
    1. CBP enforces the rule about returning to your seat while the game is playing in the upper deck
    2. you can hear the roar of the crowd while going to the parking lot(reminded me of shea)
    3. tolls and parking $30.20 CBP vs $35 at citi from Bergen county
    i love both ballparks

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
    Whose office is that? Kudos to the Phillies for doing something different there.

"One Tased in South Philly"

Get it?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast