Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizens Bank Park

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    Great points. Those are definite parks where you feel the fan presence on TV. So many ballparks miss that. I believe its why at Shea they used to pan through the crowd, just so that the fan at home got a sense that fans actually were there and it was not crowd noise from a speaker.
    Especially in old YS, you would always see the fans heads jerk in a certain direction when a ball was going out, and yea I get definitely get that sense at CPB.
    Unfortunately, NYS looks terrible on TV, especially those side shots. Too much metal, and the moat around the Legend's Seats is especially an eyesore on TV. The coolest shot I have ever seen, and still gives me goosebumps is the one of Ruth smacking a homer in the 20's.

Babe Ruth.jpg

Babe Ruth - Old Yankee Stadium

Wait until 0:30 in. That clip is incredible.

Citi is very similar to the Philly ballpark, and there is a lot to like about CBP.

High, wide field concourse, more so than Citi, and as I have mentioned over and over, endless draft beer stations.

The Ashburn Alley Rooftop area is a great place to hang, but often just for groups, and pretty narrow as compared to Citi's Pepsi Porch.

View down from the rooftop area. Of course, great bullpen-to-fan placement, Phillie HOF etc area right there as well, and in the foreground, those killer Crab Fries.

I like the warm color of the field concourses.

I wish I could look at some pics of this stadium in its first year and now to see how it has evolved into itself.
    Twenty Seven

Quote Originally Posted by JMC Bomber View Post
    No offense, as I'm sure Philadelphia has beautiful women, but can this group of chicks look any more trashier? I love the ghetto spray painted sign and how all the girls at the bottom are man-sitting. What street corner of Philly were they picked up from? lol

Nah but in all seriousness CBP is a nice ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    No offense, as I'm sure Philadelphia has beautiful women, but can this group of chicks look any more trashier? I love the ghetto spray painted sign and how all the girls at the bottom are man-sitting. What street corner of Philly were they picked up from? lol

Nah but in all seriousness CBP is a nice ballpark.
    Dayum! Girl in the lower right has no shame and I like it that way
    Twenty Seven

Chase's Chicks

formerly known as Sal's Pals LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBase View Post
    I like the warm color of the field concourses.

I wish I could look at some pics of this stadium in its first year and now to see how it has evolved into itself.
    Here's my pictures from the 2nd exhibition game they played when the park first opened in '04. Nothing really major has changed besides moving the LF wall back, adding some LED boards, and various concession upgrades, most of which the regular person would never notice.

What's interesting too is that the ballpark was not completely finished during this game. None of the pavers that are on Ashburn Alley now were finished at that point and there were orange cones and barriers everywhere! Anyways, enjoy!

http://sports.webshots.com/album/131276687GzYrLi

Quote Originally Posted by btown12 View Post
    Here's my pictures from the 2nd exhibition game they played when the park first opened in '04. Nothing really major has changed besides moving the LF wall back, adding some LED boards, and various concession upgrades, most of which the regular person would never notice.

What's interesting too is that the ballpark was not completely finished during this game. None of the pavers that are on Ashburn Alley now were finished at that point and there were orange cones and barriers everywhere! Anyways, enjoy!

http://sports.webshots.com/album/131276687GzYrLi

Nice shots... I'm glad that Citizens Bank changed fonts/logo in their wordmark. It looks so much better now, plus it makes a picture easier to put a date on.

Kudos to the Phillies for calling today's game nice and early. I was still on the Belt Parkway when I heard the game was called.

here are my photos from yesterday's mets vs phillies game
    http://sports.webshots.com/album/571687977eHZCIk
    CBP is still in my top 5 favorite ballparks.
    they bump the parking price to $15
    the ushers are very friendly
    since winning a title phillies fans are acting like what mets fans use to in 2007
    very arrogant but i will give them a pass
    Even though my mets lost hearing the late harry kalas singing high hopes was just amazing.
    its a great rivarly and i hope it continues
    Attached Images Attached Images

From Flickr User Many Pencils:

Last edited by Anubis2051; 08-11-2009 at 03:21 PM.

My favorite Citizens Bank Park picture that I took:

one of my favorite things about CBP is the maroon colored steel it gives it a very unique look
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

2008 N.L. Playoffs

I feel kind of bad for Phillies fans that the Phillies clinched the National League pennant last year at aging Dodger Stadium, instead of the great, intense atmosphere at home. The clinching game went the full 9 innings so most Dodger patrons were already gone by then.

Don't bring the Phillies fans into your convoluted argument, i'm sure they would speak for themselves if they bitterly hated Dodger Stadium like you do. All of the Phillies fans I talked to during the NLCS loved the Stadium and maybe if you visited it would change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by THINK BLUE View Post
    Don't bring the Phillies fans into your convoluted argument, i'm sure they would speak for themselves if they bitterly hated Dodger Stadium like you do. All of the Phillies fans I talked to during the NLCS loved the Stadium and maybe if you visited it would change your mind.
    It's just bad for baseball when during a series clinching game, the game is played in front of a laid-back, apathetic crowd that could care less about who won or lost.

the "ignore" button is where?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
    It's just bad for baseball when during a series clinching game, the game is played in front of a laid-back, apathetic crowd that could care less about who won or lost.
    You weren't there you probably have never been there so you have no idea how the crowd is. What did you expect Dodger fans to be going crazy for the Phillies really?!

I was in Philadelphia several weeks ago and while I didn't have a chance to attend a game at CBP, I did get some shots from around the exterior of the ballpark. I especially liked the statues around the park and the Robin Roberts one in particular.

Mike Schmidt:

Steve Carlton:

Robin Roberts:

Connie Mack:

Blog Entries
    Wow that robin roberts statue is so cool!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast