View Poll Results: Who is the greatest pitcher in Marlins history?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dontrelle Willis

17 40.48%
  • A.J. Burnett

1 2.38%
  • Brad Penny

0 0%
  • Ryan Dempster

0 0%
  • Josh Beckett

16 38.10%
  • Pat Rapp

0 0%
  • Kevin Brown

5 11.90%
  • Carl Pavano

1 2.38%
  • Robb Nen

2 4.76%
  • Antonio Alfonseca

0 0%

Thread: #1 pitcher in Marlins history

#1 pitcher in Marlins history

Who is the greatest pitcher in franchise history?

Blog Entries
    Here's the stats for all the pitchers.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/stats...&sortByStat=SO
    You must pick battles that are small enough to win, but large enough to matter

Before looking at the stats provided, i went with Beckett and after looking at the stats i feel good about my pick. Also, i considered the D Train. Where is Livan Hernandez? Seems like he should at least be on the list. Picked Beckett mostly due to his WS triumph over the Yanks. That put him ahead of D Train for me. See that he has third best ERA of the group and thats behind Brown who has just over half the games and Nen who is a reliever.

G Man

I usually like Quality over Quantity but I also like home grown over imported. I'll take Beckett's five year's over Brown's two year.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

I'll take the D-train's 68-54 record over Beckett's 41-34 record

I picked Willis-best of a weak bunch.

Josh Beckett is the best
    Dontrelle Willis is number 2

Basing it on Marlins history, I went with Dontrelle Willis. Beckett could have easily been my choice too, but looking back Willis will probably be better known as a Marlin.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

I'll take D-Train. So many complete games, so many.

It's really difficult to make a choice. This is a ballclub with such a relatively short history and a tradition of fire sales. In the end, I had to go with Willis.

I really don't think anyone could say anyone other than Dontrelle or Josh Beckett.

I went with Rob Nenn, he was pretty dominant during their first WS run. Beckett, D-Train and Brown really haven't stuck around to put up some definite easy-choice numbers for me one way or the other.

My vote above was merely for the lulz.

Al Leiter should have at least been on the poll..

Quote Originally Posted by OhioBoy View Post
    Who is the greatest pitcher in franchise history?
    As an outsider I looked at it objectively. I wanted to vote for Dontrelle, but I took Beckett reluctantly. Great pitcher, but I don't like his mound demeanor. Beckett seems like a punk at most times.

LETS GO METS !!!

Kevin Brown. Sure, he had a very brief Marlins career, but it's not like any of the other options were around for long, either. Amazing that a poll like this can be so uninspiring, considering this team has won two World Series. I guess firesales can do that, though.

Josh Johnson has been nothing short of amazing this year, maybe he should get some looking at? His career is still young though (especially with the injuries).
    "I never thought home runs were all that exciting. I still think the triple is the most exciting thing in baseball. To me, a triple is like a guy taking the ball on his 1-yard line and running 99 yards for a touchdown." -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries
    The D-Train. He stayed healthy, won more games, threw more innings and kept a respectable ERA. Don't forget Dontrelle was a good hitter for a pitcher also.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio