Thread: This is the end...

This is the end...

It has been a great couple of years playing this game guys, but as evidenced, it is dead...time to put the BBFTG to rest.

We thank you for your support over the years, it was a great league with some very devoted people; we got through tough times, and had some great ones.

This goodbye is probably crap so far, but I really don't know how to express myself.

What I will say is that we're going to be taking a short hiatus, ending the season where it is now in order to focus on a new better league we plan on hosting, independant from Baseball-Fever, so if you're interested, let us (Jordan, Josh) know...we are tentatively thinking of revaming the league, redefining the rosters with a fantasy/expansion draft while keeping prospects, creating new teams, locations, stadium dimensions, logos.

Make it truly "fantasy", no longer part of the MLB, as we are know.

For now that's all we got, Jordan, myself and Josh are signed on, and we'd appreciate anyone that decided to come along. If not, it's understandable, and we thank you for joining and participating in this game in the first place.

Feel free to send us pms, or email me at steve.cristomac24@gmail.com; AIM: Dah Number One; MSN: w1lky-in-t3xas@hotmail.com

-Steve
    BBFTG commissioner.
    Cristobal

Hey, we had a good one guys even though I haven't done anything in a year or two. But I remember when this started around Christmas of 2005 If I do believe, and this was sure a lot of fun. Thanks guys for everything.
    People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. -Rogers Hornsby

Blog Entries
    Hey you seemed like a smart GM, you should join us in our new league next year.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Sounds good, Jordan!
    People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. -Rogers Hornsby

Hey guyz! Happy Holidays!

Sorry I wasnt around this year. My whole "let's get the Royals to win a championship" project was kind of a disaster. Anyways thanks to our gms and our commisioners for participating!
    Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Blog Entries
    Happy Holidays everyone from BBFTG!

So, Josh, Steve and myself have been working on the new league, and have gotten very far this last week. I'm glad to say that we will have a new league, a lot of work has already been done. We've been working on the site, forum, and many other details, along with countless meetings on deciding how the league will be run. We plan to roll into april having everything perfect, flawless and ready to go. Once it get's closer to the start of the season, we will reveal the website and allow members to join. For now, we have the following information for you.

The name of the League is: Simulation League Baseball

and here is a little blurb from our website, the About Us page:

Quote Originally Posted by SLB Website
    Welcome to Simulation League Baseball and thanks for stopping by. Ever dreamed of becoming the next Brian Cashman or Theo Epstein? With SLB, you get the chance to take complete control of a major league team and try to lead them to ultimate goal, a World Series title. You will be able to take charge of all aspects of your franchise. From making trades and signing free agents to deciding when to call up that top prospect who has been tearing up the minors, there is always a move to be made. your team up in a couple years.

SLB is a brand new simulation league for 2009. Even though itís a new league, the creators have a lot of history with running mogul leagues. SLB is a product of the simulation league BBFTG which ran on http://www.baseball-fever.com/. BBFTG started in 2006, and ran for three seasons. It was successful and exciting at times, but ended do to a decrease in activity. Having to use baseball-fever as our home for our league, we werenít able to use forums and sub forums, we just had to use individual threads, and it got way out of hand. One of SLBís goals, is to keep the game fun and organized. By running our own forum and website, we will also be able to make any changes to the forum as we go along, so we wonít have posts in the wrong places.

Unlike some sim leagues that move quickly and pass through seasons every other month, SLB sims in real-time with one game being played on each day. Yes, that means there will be no baseball during the winter months; but the SLB will still be busy during the off-season with events such as free agency and the first year player draft, with real MLB prospects. One thing that we did in BBFTG, that we pride ourself with, and are taking this aspect over to SLB, is that our league, unlike most baseball sim leagues, has no fake prospects, they are all real prospects, real living people. This is a great feature that Josh spends a lot of time on each season. The BBFTG was set up this way, and we felt it added an interesting dimension to the league, absent from other leagues. It also allows GMís much more time to be able to work out transactions with other teams, and not have to rush to get it done before the next simulation of a month or two.

Good Luck and Have fun.

Jordan, Josh, and Steve (the Admins of SLB)
    LETS GO YANKEES!

What's the URL?

Blog Entries
    We will release the URL in mid feb - we are still perfecting it, and we don't want to have it open too early, as the season wont start for us until mid april.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    I sent in an email like a month ago. Any chance of getting one back?

Blog Entries
    sent, did you get it?
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    Got it! This looks great!

Blog Entries
    Simulation League Baseball will be revealed on president's day Feb 16th. At this time GM's will be allowed to sign up and join SLB. It's gonna be great!
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    --deleted--
    Last edited by Erik Bedard; 02-01-2009 at 07:59 PM.

I sent in an application, hopefully you can squeeze me in!

Blog Entries
    well,. SLB has gotten off to a great start
    www.slbbaseball.webs.com
    LETS GO YANKEES!