Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    By that basis, why don't we move the Marlins to Mexico City? That has the largest centralized population of hispanics in the world, it's a sure-fire hit!
    It was just a point. You're right, people from the Dominican and Cuba hate baseball on average. How insensitive of me. The bigger point is that, if you were to rank the largest and richest urban areas in the country with baseball teams, Miami would be well above several other cities. Somehow people still think Miami can't support a ball club because of their crappy attendance of late. What's Pittsburgh's excuse?

Mexico City probably would work. Because you're right, start a baseball franchise in Havana and Berlin and see what the approval rating is from the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadly View Post
    It was just a point. You're right, people from the Dominican and Cuba hate baseball on average. How insensitive of me. The bigger point is that, if you were to rank the largest and richest urban areas in the country with baseball teams, Miami would be well above several other cities. Somehow people still think Miami can't support a ball club because of their crappy attendance of late. What's Pittsburgh's excuse?

Mexico City probably would work. Because you're right, start a baseball franchise in Havana and Berlin and see what the approval rating is from the locals.
    Pittsburgh has 16 straight losing seasons. Miami has 2 championships in 11 years. That is a major difference.

There is no excuse for the utter failure of Marlins fans to support their team. 28 other teams would trade their past 11 years for the Marlins' in a second.

*prepares for angry posts if we find out the the skyline wont be in view from the field*

Quote Originally Posted by TinoM24 View Post
    *prepares for angry posts if we find out the the skyline wont be in view from the field*
    Or not on the waterfront or right on major transportation(train line, highway etc.) or is in a residential neighborhood or an "original design" or that it may possibly be designed by HOK...
    Best posts ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Here is a page with all the concepts that I've seen so far - http://www.stadiumpage.com/stpages/miami.html

If they go with this design, I see some obstructions up top:

Last edited by Pelt; 09-12-2008 at 03:14 PM.

They should then add a design that ensure that the young cheerleaders will have proper exposure to the fans. Babes matter.

Is the new structure hurricane proof?

"...So the winning run is on second base, with two outs, three and two to Mookie Wilson.

Little roller up along first; BEHIND THE BAG! It gets through Buckner!

Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!"

- Vin Scully, Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by RoastedPeanut View Post
    Is the new structure hurricane proof?
    Ya know, I bet they hadn't thought of that!

Yeah, that must of been an afterthought:

"Make new Floridian 600 million dollar facility sustainable to Hurricanes."

lookin very Japanese. Doesn't really scream Miami though, I think they could do more in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by placount View Post
    lookin very Japanese. Doesn't really scream Miami though, I think they could do more in that area.
    Just an idea: They could paint it to resemble a black bean and add a giant thong.

Quote Originally Posted by zengator View Post
    Just an idea: They could paint it to resemble a black bean and add a giant thong.
    I lol'ed.

Samson has said the capacity will be around 37,000, making it one of the smallest parks in the game. He also said it wouldn't be a red-brick-and-green-seats design, that it would be modern and have lots of glass
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Blog Entries
    glass could be bad down in miami because of the hurricanes. there would be lots of broken glass and that would cost lots of money to fix that. so thats one problem of that.

Just an FYI on the stadiumpage shots, those aren't the new design. Those were the ones w/ the Orange Bowl there.

Yeah, we're all waiting for the latest renderings. The design could be the same or very similar, just without the Orange Bowl next to it

I hear the official renderings are already in the can and they were just waiting for the judge's ruling in the lawsuit. The judge issues her official final order this week, and I hear the Marlins will unveil the new plans soon afterwards.

Any word on who designed it?

What are the odds of it having a contrived assymetrical outfield?

Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast