Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan34 View Post
    I wish i could go there someday
    Go for it.

When I was still living in Lauderdale, I NEVER had a problem getting a seat at The Stadium Formerly Known As Joe Robbie.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by locke40 View Post
    Let's just hope they do a better job with the new Marlins stadium then they did with Citi Field.
    With that icon, that was extremely biased. If you want to sound serious, hide the icon. At least we're not playing in a park with a BANK like look until you see a ball field. Digressing.......

This is great for Miami. Dolphin Stadium is terrible for a ballgame (436 in CF is just....gah!) Now with a roof, whenever the Metsies come to town, we won't see so much rain!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, but few understand. ---Wes Westrum

FWIW, the Herald has put up more renderings of the stadium on their webpage.

http://www.miamiherald.com/photos/gallery/874496.html

Pics 1 to 11 are the latest ones.
    For a realistic sports ticket and merchandise market

can you see the miami skyline past the outfield? that would be cool if you could. the 1st picture makes the stadium look very nice, we might have a new perfect retractable roof that doesnt make you feel like your in a hanger
    Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

Quote Originally Posted by aqib View Post
    15K tickets? Wow maybe they can crack the top 25 in attendance for the first time this decade! Coem on Marlin "fans" drive for 25! Yes We Can!
    Hey dude.

The Marlins got their stadium. You claimed they would never get their stadium and actually cheered for such a possiblity.

Guess what? The Marlins got their stadium.

You lost.

Get over it.

Interior rendering of the Marlins' Park:

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Go for it.

When I was still living in Lauderdale, I NEVER had a problem getting a seat at The Stadium Formerly Known As Joe Robbie.
    no one has a problem getting a seat, I regularly go there, buy the cheapest ticket and sit where I want. unless the Mets, Red Sox or Yankees are in town the "fans" dont show up. the crowds you seat at those games are there to boo the Mets, sox and yanks, never to root their team when they play the nats or Pirates. Its a shame those players deserve better.

I am suprised no one has stated how similar in concept the stadium looks to where the Miami Heat play

As for the Stadium, the players deserve a new stadium. Im not so sure about the owner. I will say I think the location of the stadium being the reason people dont show up is not a good argument. simply because Dolphin Stadium is MUCH easier to access as opposed to where they want to plop this new stadium.

Current Stadium which has an exit directly off the Turnpike. Note the easy access areas as well as those streets being very wide 3 to 4 lanes goingboth ways on the south side and west side.

New Proposed Site...same scale as pic up above, seems a bit cramped to me! I suppose exiting off the Dolphin expressway can be done. However you mean to tell me THIS was the ideal site, in a crowded rundown little neighborhood with one lane two way streets all around??

I think they are going to lose ALOT of the fans that actually showed up to Dolphin Stadium. I also as a person who goes to many more games than just the METS games say the fan base down here in south florida is downright pitiful. They dont care about their teams aside from the Dolphins. Im not talking about the people on this board who are actually into their team and interested in what goes on day to day. I also think the weather is a sorry excuse, especially when Dolphin and Hurricane games show people have no problem sitting roasting in the sun when they care, most fin games are 1:00 games and the sun is BEAMING at that time and they fill up. The Marlins games generally start at 7 on weeknights and 6 on saturdays. It seems the majority of "marlins" fans only show up when the Mets, Red Sox or Yanks are in town because its the "cool thing to do" they dont come to cheer they come to boo the other team and pretend like they show up all year long and they dont, I do when i go to watch the Marlins play the Pirates and the Nats along with the other real marlins fans who actually give a damn about their team and are their watching those games with me because we love baseball and dont make excuses when the tickets are dirt cheap. the same fans who dont show up just to see a Flo Rida concert conveniently set on a day the Mets are in town. To those true Marlins fans on this board I hope you enjoy the new stadium and people like you deserve it, but to all those fake fans I hope they dont show up at the new stadium either as they are the lowest of the low, the front runner bandwagon crowd that shows up to Heat games and dont even pay attention to the court.

Has construction on the new stadium actually begun yet?
    "The value of a stat is directly proportional to how good it makes Steve Garvey look." -- Nerdlinger

the interior of the stadium is great in the rendering, i dont like the outside though, its like a giant white ball in a way,
    Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    Has construction on the new stadium actually begun yet?

no, just the demolition of the orange bowl is complete.

Also i cant speak for everyone, but when gametime is 7pm on weeknights, traffic heading down south between 5-7 is gonna be a nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbutta29 View Post
    Also i cant speak for everyone, but when gametime is 7pm on weeknights, traffic heading down south between 5-7 is gonna be a nightmare...
    What major city doesn't have that problem though???? That's why you leave at least 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2 (depending on where you live) prior to game time.... For those who live in LA, you know what I'm talking about! You gotta love that 10 west around 5pm.....And Angels Fans...you know what's up on the 5 and 57 freeways!

Many cities have that problem, My point being you dont need to throw the stadium in an area where you cant avoid traffic, I never had trouble heading out to Dolphin stadium at 6pm to see the Marlins play. I will when that new stadium opens if i still live here.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    The stadium will have a retractable roof, for really hot days, like Houston does.

It looks like a giant marshmallow with the roof closed.

I don't watch college football or know much about Miami... but why was the Orange Bowl demolished?
    Twenty Seven

Id say because it was a $hit Hole. It had alot of sentimental value for Canes fans and was a good atmosphere in the bowl, the amenities however didnt exist, the bathrooms didnt even have lights from what i recall. It was cool but very dilapitated and the city being cheap didnt want to renovate it, which i say is what should have been done. It may have been that or the fact they are making more money playing at fin stadium.
    Last edited by Jbutta29; 04-20-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBase View Post
    I don't watch college football or know much about Miami... but why was the Orange Bowl demolished?
    It was run down, it was big enough land to do other things, and dolphins stadium is amazing compared to it. Jim levitt told me once that the reason the Univ. of South Florida doesn't move out of the Ray Jay in tampa was because it was a huge recruiting tool to show kids that they use the same locker room as the pros.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

One prob though with the Canes games at Dolphin Stadium is the open the upper and lower bowl so that everyone is spread out and the crowd looks and feels really thin.

On the interior drawing, way too much foul territory, and it looks terrible going straight to the outfield wall, it should cut in and run along the foul line in the outfield.

The area around the stadium is not the best, but the people make a fortune parking cars on their lawns, so this is one place that really will help the local economy!

As to the name, it should have been Miami Marlins right from the start, that identifies the area, this stupid Florida name is ridiculous.

Groundbreaking still is expected in July, but within weeks, visitors to the Web site will be able to see developments on the grounds of the future home of the franchise.

"We are going to go live with EarthCam -- it's been installed," Marlins president David Samson said. "It will provide a 24-hour live view of the ballpark. It will allow our fans to zoom in, zoom out, to literally maneuver the camera themselves. It will simply be the place to go for the next 33 months."

The exact date of when the camera will be turned on is still being determined. But it is close to being activated.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

On Tuesday and Wednesday, county leaders are set to meet with rating agencies that will assess Miami-Dade County's financial condition and its plan to sell $563 million in bonds to pay for construction of the planned Little Havana stadium and refinance existing county debt.

The three agencies -- Fitch, S&P and Moodys -- are expected to rate the bond proposal before the end of next month. County Manager George Burgess said the county then plans to ``go to market in either late May or early June, at which point we will know if we can sell all the bonds at the right price.''
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...y/1021587.html

Quote Originally Posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
    On the interior drawing, way too much foul territory, and it looks terrible going straight to the outfield wall, it should cut in and run along the foul line in the outfield.

The area around the stadium is not the best, but the people make a fortune parking cars on their lawns, so this is one place that really will help the local economy!

As to the name, it should have been Miami Marlins right from the start, that identifies the area, this stupid Florida name is ridiculous.
    well at the time they were the only FL team, so i guess maybe they wanted to capitalize on the entire state for fans...who knows though.

Exclamation In case you have plenty of time to ready through 96 pages...

I found a .pdf of the Marlins ballpark site plan, in full detail, from the Miami gov't website. It was linked to at another message board, so that's how I found it.

http://egov.ci.miami.fl.us/Legistarw...ents/50245.pdf

People interested in knowing what the view would be like should check out the pages labeled "Context Site Photographs"

Quote Originally Posted by Transic View Post
    I found a .pdf of the Marlins ballpark site plan, in full detail, from the Miami gov't website. It was linked to at another message board, so that's how I found it.

People interested in knowing what the view would be like should check out the pages labeled "Context Site Photographs"
    I can only imagine if we would've had access to a similar form when NYS and Citi were being built! Endless analysis!!!
    Twenty Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Transic View Post

Nice find! This will save me some time, if they don't change this plan too much!
    ESPN Home Run Tracker
    Home run distances for every home run hit in MLB

http://www.hittrackeronline.com

Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast