Page 33 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Hate the blue seats, other than that.. not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    New video of the stadium up on MLB.com. It is by far the worst of all the new ballparks. Its so bland.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_mlb
    I wouldn't say that at all. If anything it's less bland than Citi Field; at least the Marlins place is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    New video of the stadium up on MLB.com. It is by far the worst of all the new ballparks. Its so bland.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_mlb
    Actually I like it. The outfield wall has far fewer nooks and crannies than a lot of other parks. I like quirky ballparks that are made to fit unique pieces of land --- I hate purpose-made quirks, especially weird angles on the outfield walls.

And those sliding glass walls behind the left and left-center field stands are a very nice touch.

Besides the hideous coloring of the interior, which I'm sure will be better in real life than the renderings (see renderings of the green wall at Nationals Park compared to the real thing), I like the design a lot. It will fit in nicely with modern buildings down here, and it's the right level of intimacy for a small-market team. Once the details are added, I think people are going to like this place. It's a departure from previous parks, and it will grow on people who are tired of seeing red brick everywhere
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    Hate the blue seats, other than that.. not bad
    don't worry, it'll be jazzed up using taxpayer dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    don't worry, it'll be jazzed up using taxpayer dollars!
    They had to put seats in anyway, and ugly colors cost just as much as nice colors
    1997 2003

Quote Originally Posted by baseballman1243 View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all. If anything it's less bland than Citi Field; at least the Marlins place is unique.
    Yea, thats believable.....

Does anyone know what these letters are for and what they're supposed to say? I also found a pretty cool picture, which is the last one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That reeks of Cowboys stadium from that angle.

However, I think it will be a fine ballpark for Miami.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Letters

Quote Originally Posted by threeyoda View Post
    Does anyone know what these letters are for and what they're supposed to say? I also found a pretty cool picture, which is the last one.
    Assuming there are a few other letters around there (especially "I's"), you can unscramble them and spell out "MIAMI ORANGE BOWL." An odd way of doing it, but either way an interesting homage to the site that the new stadium will occupy.

I wonder if those are the original Orange Bowl letters from the sign on the old stadium.

Where are those pictures from?
    1997 2003

I read that those letters are the letters from the OB sign. i forget where I read it but if i find the article I'll post the link.

I got them from stadiumpage.com

those letters really say - "we got you to pay for this, suckers!"

I think it looks great. Glad to see a few stadiums that aren't following the traditional brick designs. Especially in areas where it isn't really traditional to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by threeyoda View Post
    looks like a huricane scrambled them, maybe that's the idea

The first roof track beam was lifted into place today on the north side. It gives you a nice cross-section view of the stands behind the plate now too.
    1997 2003

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
    Major league baseball wanted them to use the name Florida so that they would be followed thru the whole state. I thought it was ridiculous, and it really became ridiculous when they put a team in Tampa Bay.

Hey, I too really like Uggla. He is not always the best fielder, but he is adequte, and he sure can hit.
    So why are the Rangers still called the Texas Ranger instead of the Dallas Rangers. There already is a Houston Team there, that's probably more popullar in the state of Texas.
    1924 1987 1991
    1925, 1933, 1965
    1969, 1970, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010
    10/26/1991
    ....And we'll see you tomorrow night!

How are the "Florida Marlins" any worse than the "Minnesota Twins" or "Arizona Diamondbacks" or "Colorado Rockies"? There was no guarantee that another team would ever show up in Tampa. And if so, our name is no worse than the "California Angels", who had no hope of converting the entire state, much less their own market. The Texas Rangers are like the Buffalo Bills, in that the entire name is necessary to make it make sense.
    1997 2003

There's always the Los Angeles Lakers, which made more sense in Minneapolis. LOL
    "Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

Page 33 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast