Page 109 of 147 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2931

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
    You're dealing with New Yorkers here. They know everything, have an opinion on everything, and can trash whatever they please.

It's a very interesting and different ballpark. Enjoy it and don't let them get you and Pete and the other Marlins fans down.
    I'll bet that at least 90% of your posts in this forum bash New Yorkers. Wassup with that? Did a New Yorker put a bad, lifelong agonizing hurtin' on ya?

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...s_fla&c_id=fla

Poolside bar, grill entertainment among perks of fresh attraction

By Christina De Nicola / MLB.com
    MIAMI BEACH -- An iconic South Beach brand will find an additional home at the new Miami Marlins' ballpark when it opens next spring.

The left-field pool area, formerly known as La Playa, will become The Clevelander at Marlins Ballpark with a poolside bar and grill entertainment.

"We want this ballpark to be different, we want it to be Miami, we want South Beach to come to the new ballpark," said Marlins president David Samson. "Something Major League Baseball has never seen, and that's what we've created. All that excitement that you feel on South Beach, you'll feel at the new ballpark."

The Clevelander Hotel South Beach, a 70-year-old landmark in the heart of the Art Deco District on Ocean Drive, will incorporate its menu from the original location and add ballpark essentials like buffalo wings, burgers and nachos.

Approximately 120 fans -- 21 or older, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian -- will be able to visit the area with either standing-room tickets near the bar or Field Level seats to catch the action on the diamond. Live dancers and DJs will also provide entertainment away from the diamond.

Not only will it be a venue for corporate and social events on game days, but even when the Marlins hit the road.

Samson envisions the area being open 365 days a year. When the Marlins do play at home, it will welcome business before the game and after the final out, until 3 a.m. ET.

"We're going to the be the hottest venue, not only in the ballpark, but in the city," said The Clevelander general manager Mike Palma.

Tickets to The Clevelander at the New Marlins Ballpark will be available on a group and single-ticket basis by visiting marlins.com. Those interested in booking private events for groups may contact The Clevelander's sales department.

"You have to win on the field, but that's not enough. You've got to have a great ballpark, but that's enough. So we've got to do both," Samson said. "Like I've said, our honeymoon is going to be five innings long. And the new ballpark has everything for everybody, but you have to combine that with winning on the field."

Samson also pointed out that with 163 days until the opening of the new ballpark, it could be seen from the roof of The Clevelander Hotel.

"You can't do this in most cities, but in Miami you can, so why not take advantage of where we are?" Samson said. "We don't need fireplaces. We need an entertainment venue, and that's what we have."

Palma expects The Clevelander to be ready for the March 30 exhibition game against the Yankees, but he wouldn't mind a soft open to the public, if possible.

"I'm a big sports fan," Palma said. "I've been all over the nation to different ballparks. I can tell you that some places do really well, but no one does what we're going to do because we're on the field and we're going to create an experience where you can basically integrate yourself into the game, but also be entertained and drink and eat food not from a concessions stand."

Also it looks like single games will have a 3 tier pricing bronze silver gold
    the group ticket pricing gives a big hint
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/t...up/pricing.jsp

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob R View Post
    I'll bet that at least 90% of your posts in this forum bash New Yorkers. Wassup with that? Did a New Yorker put a bad, lifelong agonizing hurtin' on ya?

And if it wasn't for New Yorkers and other northeners there probably wouldn't be a Florida as we know it today!

Anyone know if there any seats in the stadium like bleachers for people that have a problem in the typical narrow seats with arms?
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    And if it wasn't for New Yorkers and other northeners there probably wouldn't be a Florida as we know it today!
    My family came from Tenn. and WV here, I know plently of people who came from other parts of the country than the North East. That is why baseball is such a tough draw in FL because no one is used to having a team.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    My family came from Tenn. and WV here, I know plently of people who came from other parts of the country than the North East. That is why baseball is such a tough draw in FL because no one is used to having a team.
    I understand why pro sports don't draw well in Florida... but because no one is used to having a team? That sounds like the Phoenix Coyotes fans who actually complained the lines for the concessions were too short.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    I understand why pro sports don't draw well in Florida... but because no one is used to having a team? That sounds like the Phoenix Coyotes fans who actually complained the lines for the concessions were too short.
    So people are suposed to just like baseball out of nowhere? I mean baseball can be pretty boring to people even players will tell you they get bored sometimes and they are playing, so imagine what a fan who lived 10 hours away from the braves thinks of it the first time it's in Miami?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Blog Entries
    I should have worded that better. in essence all I really meant was without people coming from basically all over the east, midwest, and the good portions of the South it would not exist.
    I've met tons of people living in Florida from NY, Boston, Quebec, Chicago, St. Louis, Kentucky, etc, and have yet to meet more than a handful that are truly from Florida and had parents and grandparents from there.

photo gallery from Late september
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/photo...97294&c_id=fla
    the LF wall is too high.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    I should have worded that better. in essence all I really meant was without people coming from basically all over the east, midwest, and the good portions of the South it would not exist.
    I've met tons of people living in Florida from NY, Boston, Quebec, Chicago, St. Louis, Kentucky, etc, and have yet to meet more than a handful that are truly from Florida and had parents and grandparents from there.
    Oh yeah we had a huge population boom in the 50s after AC was invented and then again in the 80s when business came to Tampa in large masses. My generation is the only ones that seems to be more local then transplat.

So people are suposed to just like baseball out of nowhere? I mean baseball can be pretty boring to people even players will tell you they get bored sometimes and they are playing, so imagine what a fan who lived 10 hours away from the braves thinks of it the first time it's in Miami?
    My bad on my post, it was far from my point and too sarcastic.

Tampa Bay fans have supported hockey very well, better than half the nhl cities south of the mason-dixon line. In fact, TB has been near the top in NHL attendance a few times - they were even awarded as the host for 2012's Frozen Four.

My point? TB fans aren't anywhere near apathetic - and I don't believe Baseball is a tough draw for the reasons you stated. Hockey is at least ten... Perhaps twenty-fold less popular and less well known than Baseball, especially in Tampa. That tells me Tampa's attendance has everything to do with the arena + its location (St Pete Times Forum & Trop are antithesis of each other in these 2 aspects) - not Baseball is a tough draw or shortage of Baseball fans. If Baseball was a tough draw in TAMPA, FL, then hockey should be 10-50 times as tough a draw.

Miami, I see as a complete different dilemma. They've only been a consistent proven market in one sport (Football), so the jury's still out on everything else.

more information regarding the marlins new party area.
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/b...levelander.jsp
    I guess the visiting bullpen players will be distracted
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    The Marlins dugout is on the 3rd base side...so is the bullpen.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand. "
    Leo Durocher
    US baseball manager (1906 - 1991)

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    Oh, this is in the ballpark.

I thought this was the floorplan for an indoor pool and bar for a local Marriott.

OMG! The logo being used on the Marlins website to promote the new ballpark has the same color scheme as the new cap/uniform logo that was floating around a few weeks ago. Say it ain't so, Joe!

"Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

New ballpark "e-Brochure" is available on the Marlins website. They're dubbing it "The Coolest Ballpark Ever." Promotional video, renderings, seating plans and pricing....

http://marlins.mlb-brochure.com/2011/?f=
    "Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

I don't know about you guys, but I would totally buy some counterfeit Miami Marlins gear that dropped all this multicolor nonsense and kept the Teal.

Blog Entries
    The new logos remind me of when the rays changed over and everyone in tampa was freaking out because it was so basic and plain, but we grew to love it. Then again how can you hate blue and white?

Let's reserve judgment until we see the actual logo, in the flesh. I really hated the Rays new uniforms at first, but now looking back the old ones look so cheesy
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

I don't think there will be any growing to love the new colors. orange? really? are you kidding me? marlins fans are SICK OF ORANGE! it may not been an official color but you sure had to look at it at every home game! the new color scheme is the epitome of everything that it wrong with South Florida culture.

Page 109 of 147 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast