Page 20 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

http://www.miamiherald.com/video/ind...dia_id=5140910

Here's a link to the animated video they supposedly showed at the groundbreaking ceremony. pretty neat

stadium needs teal seats. the marlins need to bring back the teal hat also.
    Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

Very nice looking place. I like it because it fits in with the whole Florida feel and it's not another brick cookie cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPunk2512 View Post
    stadium needs teal seats. the marlins need to bring back the teal hat also.
    Agreed, on both counts. That hat was one of the more unique hats in baseball

I'd love to see a teal alternate jersey with the new uniforms. I know they won the World Series wearing the black ones, but I'm getting a little tired of the way they seem to be downplaying the teal. For a hat, use that old M alternate logo with a teal bill.

Soxfan, where did you find those uniform concepts? They're obviously from a while ago since they still show Olsen and Jacobs, traded in the offseason.
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Taco View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/video/ind...dia_id=5140910

Here's a link to the animated video they supposedly showed at the groundbreaking ceremony. pretty neat
    Great video, but all I could think about was how long it took the camera to pan from the beach to the stadium lol.

Also teal seats don't look that bad at space coast stadium where the marlins were supossed to spring train:
    http://www.digitalballparks.com/Spri...ce_640_21.html
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

I love the overall design, but I'm SO not digging all those huge pillars in the seating bowl.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 80SHOCK View Post
    They should go with a dark teal color for the seats.
    They should go with a light pastel Teal color for the seats.

The Space Coast Stadium shade of teal was a little too overpowering. A darker one would look better. The Nats finally replaced the teal seats with blue ones a couple years ago.
    1997 2003

Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    Soxfan, where did you find those uniform concepts? They're obviously from a while ago since they still show Olsen and Jacobs, traded in the offseason.
    Someone had recently posted them on the Marlin's message board on ESPN.com

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...5043483&lid=16

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the teal jersey's and/or caps either because it's unique. I was slightly disappointed when the D'Backs got rid of their purple unis becuase I thought that was unique. I do admit that the sedona red is more fitting for them, but hey they won a world series in purple!

Anyone else notice how the seats rise up as you go down the line towards the foul poles? There's going to be a monster 2-3 story high wall in those corners:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Response about the teal seats from Samson:

"Tyler,

We actually looked at teal seats, and I assure you that it did not look as good or fit with the architecture.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Regards,

David Samson"

I bet it's going to be a darker shade of blue in real life. I really didn't like the coloring of Nationals Park at first either, but it looks a lot better in person than it did in the renderings. At least the email doesn't make it sound like they're abandoning teal altogether.
    1997 2003

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Anyone else notice how the seats rise up as you go down the line towards the foul poles? There's going to be a monster 2-3 story high wall in those corners:
    That might be cool to see the wal go up at an angle!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's not all that much different from say Camden Yards,

or Fenway

And since the seats never jut out, no views are obstructed.
    Last edited by the_Bored; 07-22-2009 at 08:20 AM.
    Thus spoke the Bored

Nobody beats Arlington for having a high wall down the line. There's really no way to avoid a mild obstructed view from certain spots in the corners. The way they have it at the new Marlins park should minimize the obstruction. If nothing else, at least it's different than other parks.

1997 2003

I think it's been stated before but someone needs to e-mail the Marlins pictures of Dodger Stadiums reserved level seats because they look great haven't faded and are always open to the california sun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    Response about the teal seats from Samson:

"Tyler,

We actually looked at teal seats, and I assure you that it did not look as good or fit with the architecture.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Regards,

David Samson"
    I just got the same e-mail from him, and I even included the picture of Dodger Stadium's seats for reference. I really think it's a mistake to go with blue. Fenway green would be better than the blue (the light green color)

theyre making a mistake with blue seats. they should be teal. can someone photoshop the seats to look teal?
    Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

Does Marlins new ballpark really need to have a roof? I mean I am not against it but I dont see why they should waste extra money on it when they dont need one. Does it get really hot in Florida or something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Does Marlins new ballpark really need to have a roof? I mean I am not against it but I dont see why they should waste extra money on it when they dont need one. Does it get really hot in Florida or something?
    I think it rains a lot in Miami.

Page 20 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast