Page 53 of 147 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2931

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Blog Entries
    I agree sometimes a brick stadium feels out of place (ballpark in arlington), so this looks great is miami!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

I love the outside look of the new stadium.

It seems that every building they make down in Dade and Broward counties looks like its a 500-year old spanish village building. Its a pleasure to see something that actually looks modern.
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Good point, I'm very happy not to see Spanish barrel tile red roofs on the new place. That would have fit in well too, but to complete the picture, they would have had to add a 6 foot landscaped wall around the whole complex, a guarded gatehouse, and a name like "Ballparke Pointe Estates"

Three roof trusses are now up, and the last trace of the Orange Bowl, the familiar grass-and-asphalt parking lot, has been torn up and smoothed over to make way for the two northern parking garages. You can see more roof trusses lying on the ground on the west side of the site. Half of the paneling over the fixed portion of the roof on the west side has been completed in the last two days.
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Quote Originally Posted by trepye View Post
    No it wont.

Homeruns are cheap instantenous gratifications. For the most part not very dramatic. At those dimensions HRs in this park are going to be honest, well-deserved and actually majectic because they are going to go a long way. Inside the parkers are going to be exciting to watch; as well as great athetic plays from the outfielders. I look forward to watching their highlights. I wish Citifield's centerfield was that deep.
    Yes, i agree. I like a big playing field. I like to see the ball in play. I want players to earn home runs. I like Citi Field. I like Petco. Yankee Stadium is a joke.

G Man

Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    Here's the Heat's American Airlines Arena on the water with the downtown buildings in the background (one of the proposed ballpark sites is in the foreground of the picture). The ballpark looks a lot like the AAA itself, and the rest of the city is mostly modern, light colored buildings with lots of glass. So it does fit in

The ballpark would've looked so good right next to the AAA in Bicentennial Park!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    Actually, that's not necessarily accurate. The AAA is supposed to mimic the large white cruise ships that dock at the Port of Miami, which are easily visible from the arena.
    You know, I never noticed/thought of that, but now that you mention it, I definitely see it, especially from the picture posted (and quoted in this response) above.

New pictures! The team hosted a media tour to mark one year of construction. It's now 40% complete

http://postpix.palmbeachpost.com/myc...tegoryID=18872
    1997 2003

Blog Entries
    looks great! On picture 2, did they really start putting tile in?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    looks great! On picture 2, did they really start putting tile in?
    Sure looks like it, and the color looks real good too.
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Quote Originally Posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
    Sure looks like it, and the color looks real good too.
    I just hope they paint the concrete walls. Nothing is uglier in ballparks than exposed, unpainted concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage View Post
    I just hope they paint the concrete walls. Nothing is uglier in ballparks than exposed, unpainted concrete.
    i'm sure samson will plaster every inch with advertising, which dade co. taxpayers won't see one dime from...

Late Evening Marlins Photo Update
    Courtesy of "Festa"

nice angle!
    Ik heb een intense liefde voor de brouwers

I wonder how they're going to do the rest of the span of the roof. They put up another truss section today between the first and second supports, and you can see now how much the roof slopes down because of the higher tracks on the third base side. Will they put up more temporary supports first, or can they do the entire gap in one?

I also didn't realize how far outside the roof tracks the ballpark structure extended in right field, and it's probably the same on the third base side. It's really a circular building with a rectangular roof setup. Great find, brewerfan.
    1997 2003

This Ballpark is looking good!

Very promising!
    Texas Rangers: Estabalished 1972 (Arlington, Texas)

Games played at The Ballpark In Arlington (est. 1994)

World Series Titles: 0 (Damn you David Freese, DAMN YOU!)

American League Pennants: 2 (2010, 2011)

American League West Division Titles: 7 (1996, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)

American League Wild Card Berths: 1 (2012) (grumble)

It will always be The Ballpark In Arlington to me

Blog Entries
    anyone have any pics of the gears and track that will make the roof move?

I'd love to see that too. It looks like they're going to use rails that look like regular train tracks. The panoramic view on the webcam allows you to look down the southern roof track, but not much is happening up there yet. They have rebar forms on the surface of the track beams, and rails lying up there, but they aren't in place yet, at least in the section you can see from the panoramic.
    1997 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    I agree sometimes a brick stadium feels out of place (ballpark in arlington), so this looks great is miami!
    Actually, if you drive around suburban DFWdom you soon realize that Rangers Ballpark and its stone to brick to green metal up top is spot on with its location. Looks like half the Walmarts and Albertsons and strip malls around town.

Quote Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
    Actually, if you drive around suburban DFWdom you soon realize that Rangers Ballpark and its stone to brick to green metal up top is spot on with its location. Looks like half the Walmarts and Albertsons and strip malls around town.
    Oh well that's good. Nothing like blending in with the strip malls and Wally World - which is par for the course for these Mallparks.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index....post&p=1357785

Concessions stands are already taking shape – complete with the bright-colored tile that is part of the ballpark’s signature style. There will be four color quadrants – blue, yellow, red and green – borrowed from Spanish painter Joan Miro’s palette that will easily help fans identify where they are in the ballpark. Already, blue tile has gone up in concession areas.
    -From Sarah Talalay's blog

From the seat selection guide:

The sales center is decorated in a lot of white with a mixture of these colors and a lot of modern furniture (think IKEA). Everything in the mock-up suite was white. It looks like they hired the same people who design Macs and iPods for the furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
    Oh well that's good. Nothing like blending in with the strip malls and Wally World - which is par for the course for these Mallparks.
    The Ballpark In Arlington is far from a "MallPark",
    Texas Rangers: Estabalished 1972 (Arlington, Texas)

Games played at The Ballpark In Arlington (est. 1994)

World Series Titles: 0 (Damn you David Freese, DAMN YOU!)

American League Pennants: 2 (2010, 2011)

American League West Division Titles: 7 (1996, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)

American League Wild Card Berths: 1 (2012) (grumble)

It will always be The Ballpark In Arlington to me

Page 53 of 147 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast