Page 36 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Quote Originally Posted by YanksRule View Post
    Historic Seat-Covering Tarp To Be Part Of New Marlins Stadium

http://www.theonion.com/articles/his...w-marli,17445/
    The onion always makes me laugh!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Late Evening Marlins Webcam Update

Another roof beam and a ton more stadia, all in only a week or so.
    To bad constructing the actual moving part of the roof will probably take forever like Indy, Houston, Seattle, Phoenix etc.
    Ik heb een intense liefde voor de brouwers

the drawings I saw make it look like it will be a nice facility. Even if they don't draw too many people like they currently are (its a shame, one of my favorite teams to watch night in and night out with the young talent they've got), it'll be a nice home for them to play in

The website has a new set of header images for the new ballpark, which might hint at a logo. It has a stylized outline of the stadium with some colored stripes in the background

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/b...park_index.jsp
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    The website has a new set of header images for the new ballpark, which might hint at a logo. It has a stylized outline of the stadium with some colored stripes in the background

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/b...park_index.jsp
    Talk about the new turtle dome! The shape looks just a turtle shell in that logo.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Article about the signage going in the new ballpark

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=fla

The seating bowl on the first base side is now complete. They installed the last few risers on the front of the upper deck today. Also, all of the fixed portion main beams for the roof above the completed part of the upper deck are in place.
    1997 2003

This just in: two salt-water aquariums will serve as the home plate backstop in the Marlins ballpark. Here's an artist's rendering of how it'll look:

The "backstop aquariums" will flank the two sides of home plate. So, like, you can watch the fish when you're not washing the Fish. We're told the material used for the see-through paneling is the same type of stuff used in bullet-proof glass. Still, you have to wonder what the unexpected impact of a Stephen Strasburg fastball will do to the fish.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#ixzz0qVFA73Va
    I'd be more worried about glare when the roof is open reflecting back at the players on the infield.

Quote Originally Posted by dpcv8 View Post

I'd be more worried about glare when the roof is open reflecting back at the players on the infield.
    Well...It'll be unique for sure...

[QUOTE=dpcv8;1749214]

Do you think the fish tanks will be a distraction for the players on the field? Watch out when a fall ball hits the glass. I would hate cleaning those on a regular basis.

I hope you'll be able to see it on TV too. Interesting idea, and it'll certainly make the place recognizable. I'm glad they aren't making the place as generic as Citi Field was last year

As for the glare issue, the roof isn't likely to ever be open for a day game, and there are other parks that have glass behind the plate with no issues (Cleveland). It's bulletproof glass with 1.5 inches thick on both sides! No foul ball can do anything to that, and it's not even directly behind the plate, or even in screamer territory. It'll play like the brick backstops in other parks. Cleaning fish tanks is not that big of a deal, and the grounds crew will need something to do when they don't have to tarp the infield every other night. The tiny fish they'll put into a tank that size will certainly be less of a distraction than the people right behind the backstop in every park.

"Each aquarium will be constructed using a durable fiberglass structure, and white crystal-clear acrylic panels 1.5 inches thick will be used for the viewing windows. To safeguard it from impact, Lexan -- the material used for bulletproof windows -- will be installed in front and in back of the acrylic panels. "
    Last edited by marlins739; 06-10-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    1997 2003

Quote Originally Posted by dpcv8 View Post
    That is really cool.
    Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
    Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    I hope you'll be able to see it on TV too. Interesting idea, and it'll certainly make the place recognizable. As for the glare issue, the roof isn't likely to ever be open for a day game, and there are other parks that have glass behind the plate with no issues
    It is a very unique idea. And yes it will help define the Marlins new park. I just hope that it fits in with the overall ballpark design. I do like that they are taking chances with the design elements for this ballpark.

Do you think the fish tanks will be a distraction for the players on the field? Watch out when a fall ball hits the glass. I would hate cleaning those on a regular basis.
    Probably won't be anymore of a distraction than the open netting behind home plate at Dodger Stadium:

They released the seating chart in the Sun-Sentinel today. I couldn't find it online but I'll post it as soon as it becomes available. The price range is pretty comparable with the current prices at Joe Robbie, althought it seems as though there are more premium areas than the current park.

As for the Fish Tank, I love the concept. Let's hope the execution works just as well.

The fish tanks are an interesting concept. But a few people over at Yahoo Sports have made some valid points:

• "It will suck for the people who pay good money for those front row seats, because as you try to watch the game you will get kids coming down trying to see the fishies and getting in your way (just as we see in that picture)."
    • "It would be better in a place where everyone could see it. Putting it in a spot where rich people get to see it all the time (and get bored with it) and TV viewers get it in the background with end-of-inning close-ups isn't the best use for that."
    • "What's going to be interesting is when the fish die and start floating in the middle of a game. The question, though, is who will be there to see it?"
    • "An so-so idea, and a HORRIBLE place to put it . . . . . it needs to placed where everyone can enjoy it. They should put them in the main corridors where everyone can enjoy them, not use them as a backstop. Also, and this is BIG, salt water fish are delicate and very susceptible to shock. They don't need foul balls banging off the front of the aquarium every inning or so, as well as all the commotion that's going to be around those tanks. It also appears that the aquariums are going to get a LOT of sunlight. The water temperature is probably going to get too hot in the daytime, when the roof is open."
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    They released the seating chart in the Sun-Sentinel today. I couldn't find it online but I'll post it as soon as it becomes available. The price range is pretty comparable with the current prices at Joe Robbie, althought it seems as though there are more premium areas than the current park.

As for the Fish Tank, I love the concept. Let's hope the execution works just as well.
    Pete U i found the pricing
    http://www.seats3d.com/mlb/florida_marlins/
    click on seating and pricing tab on the far right of the page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anyone know the width of the seats, and if some seats are wider, such as right now the Club Seats are wider than regular seats in their current stadium, JoeRobbie/ProPlayer/Dolphins/LandShark/SunLife/etc etc etc.
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

why not place fish tanks in front of all the seats? who goes to see the game anymore? what a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
    Anyone know the width of the seats, and if some seats are wider, such as right now the Club Seats are wider than regular seats in their current stadium, JoeRobbie/ProPlayer/Dolphins/LandShark/SunLife/etc etc etc.
    I'm sure the Diamond Club seats will be wider than the seats at Joe Robbie. From the picture in the paper, it looks as though they'll be similar in style to those behind homeplate at New Yankee Stadium and Nationals Park.

Anybody see this yet? pretty neat

This was shown on the game broadcast last night, maybe a hint at the new team logos? That'd be a pretty cool, not to mention unique, color scheme, and it seams to go with the colorful designs of the park. Normally I wouldn't like this kind of color combination, but I'm so sick of the bland designs MLB has had out there the last few years. Too many Red-White-Blue teams, not enough variety. The Rays, Padres, Brewers, DBacks, and Astros need to go back to their old color schemes of Green-Blue, Brown-Gold, Blue-Yellow, Purple-Teal-Gold, and Orange, respectively, and the M's and Jay's need to enhance the Blue and Teal in their Jersey's, respectively. Get some variety in MLB!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbutta29 View Post
    Other than winning the World Series twice, I have to say that has to be just about the coolest thing the Marlins have ever done.

Very nice. Reminds me of a hybrid between Kaufmann and Petco

Looks like a great stadium, but did anyone else notice that even in a mock seating chart they managed to show seats that are going to have extremely blocked views by the scoreboard? I mean they row they let you see on that site already is close to the board, but then if you look back on the site there are like 10 to 15 more rows above it, all looking more and more blocked the higher you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    Probably won't be anymore of a distraction than the open netting behind home plate at Dodger Stadium:
    Anubis: Is that Dodger stadium photo off of a TV or PC monitor? (Sorry Sultan - had to reply with quote to specify what I referred to! Hope you don't mind)
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Page 36 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast