Page 44 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    Left field stands. I think the swimming pool is going below that area.
    So, left-center field is the so-called view of downtown Miami. How high is the upper deck, in comparison to Citi Field and CBP? You figure with the roof, it may not be so high, could be long, lateral distance at a low angle? More fans farther away? With the field dimensions as cavernous as they are touted to be, would fans have problems seeing plays towards the outfielders and walls?

Downtown Miami is more towards left-center than that picture shows. Most of the buildings are outside that frame, to the right. I would imagine the upper deck is higher and closer rather than lower and farther away, since it would cost less to move the roof higher than make the span longer. There is a pretty significant cantilever for the second and third decks. And remember, this place has several thousand fewer seats than Citi and CBP, so it's going to be scaled down from those. It's even smaller than PNC.
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

This is going to be a fantastic facility.

Can you please quit your tiresome schtick? Please?
    $orry, no...

i guess that parroting what the franchise owner wants is what you want.
    you can stick your head in the sand now, but you'll pay later...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul W; 05-09-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Left field stands. I think the swimming pool is going below that area.

i mean right to the left of that crane...it's almost like there're six inches between the risers and the walkway
    Last edited by thewrong5; 05-09-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand. "
    Leo Durocher
    US baseball manager (1906 - 1991)

Quote Originally Posted by thewrong5 View Post

i mean right to the left of that crane...it's almost like there're six inches between the risers and the walkway
    There will probably be a wall extending straight down from that walkway, so nobody will actually be "sitting" there.

It's just easier (and cheaper) to run the risers all the way to the support brace on the right (next to the crane) and build the wall on top of it than to engineer a way to hold up the half a riser that's actually needed. Pre-stressed concrete is cheap.
    There's no use being pessimistic, it won't work anyways

Yeah, the spaces along the edge of the walkway indicate that there will be a bit of a drop and a few steps down before the seats begin. Probably going to be a good place to stand. Hopefully they put in those railing tables like at CBP
    1997 2003

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/b...on_updates.jsp

New construction update was posted the other day. The roof tracks are now complete on both sides, and three sections of the upper deck, complete with portals, have now been installed. I don't know why they stopped working on the second deck and did the upper deck instead
    1997 2003

Evening Marlins Webcam Update

And the roof work begins!
    Ik heb een intense liefde voor de brouwers

Are all the suites going to be behind home plate? Or are there also suites going in at the back of the club level?
    There's no use being pessimistic, it won't work anyways

It looks like there will be two levels of suites behind the plate, with the press box on top. There also looks like something behind the second level down the lines, but not for the entire length of the club level.
    1997 2003

Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    It looks like there will be two levels of suites behind the plate, with the press box on top. There also looks like something behind the second level down the lines, but not for the entire length of the club level.
    According to the Marlins there will be 42 suites plus 8 party suites. The renderings don't really show any suites anywhere but those 3 levels behind home plate.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Historic Seat-Covering Tarp To Be Part Of New Marlins Stadium

MIAMI —In honor of the team's storied past, the Florida Marlins announced at a press conference Tuesday that their new stadium would prominently feature the seat-covering tarp that has remained a constant during their 18 years at Sun Life Stadium. "We can't imagine a Marlins game that isn't played in front of an unbroken sea of smooth, empty teal," team president David Samson said as a screen behind him displayed a computer-generated animation of the giant tarp being lowered onto 9,000 empty seats in a new stadium. "That old tarp has been gloriously unfurled for 18 opening days and two World Series, and we're not going to just abandon it. Besides, the new facility will have 37,000 seats, so I'm pretty sure we'll find a use for it." Samson assured fans the ballpark would also feature modern amenities such as sleeker, more modern tarps to cover the entire upper deck and the Marlins' dugout.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/his...w-marli,17445/

Funny. They haven't used the tarp for about 8 years though. Now, if they put up a giant Budweiser ad that covers up five rows of seats, then we'll be talking
    1997 2003

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksRule View Post
    Historic Seat-Covering Tarp To Be Part Of New Marlins Stadium

http://www.theonion.com/articles/his...w-marli,17445/
    The onion always makes me laugh!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Late Evening Marlins Webcam Update

Another roof beam and a ton more stadia, all in only a week or so.
    To bad constructing the actual moving part of the roof will probably take forever like Indy, Houston, Seattle, Phoenix etc.
    Ik heb een intense liefde voor de brouwers

the drawings I saw make it look like it will be a nice facility. Even if they don't draw too many people like they currently are (its a shame, one of my favorite teams to watch night in and night out with the young talent they've got), it'll be a nice home for them to play in

The website has a new set of header images for the new ballpark, which might hint at a logo. It has a stylized outline of the stadium with some colored stripes in the background

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/b...park_index.jsp
    1997 2003

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    The website has a new set of header images for the new ballpark, which might hint at a logo. It has a stylized outline of the stadium with some colored stripes in the background

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/b...park_index.jsp
    Talk about the new turtle dome! The shape looks just a turtle shell in that logo.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Page 44 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast