Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2931

Thread: Marlins Park Construction

Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    That's only if you naively believe all of the tourist taxes will be used to pay off the bonds. Also, Miami is a dump and more and more people are vacationing in the West Palm area so I see a lot less future tourism dollars for Miami.
    the hell? have you been to Miami lately? it's not even the same city it was 10 years ago. don't be a damn fool.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit12 View Post
    Looks like they have a lot of work to do before opening day.

plenty of time. at this point they are almost putting on the finishing touches - once the field is laid down this stadium will look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    the hell? have you been to Miami lately? it's not even the same city it was 10 years ago. don't be a damn fool.
    You're dealing with New Yorkers here. They know everything, have an opinion on everything, and can trash whatever they please.

It's a very interesting and different ballpark. Enjoy it and don't let them get you and Pete and the other Marlins fans down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post

Uh yeah. Please explain yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
    You're dealing with New Yorkers here. They know everything, have an opinion on everything, and can trash whatever they please.

It's a very interesting and different ballpark. Enjoy it and don't let them get you and Pete and the other Marlins fans down.

You have no clue what you're talking about and are only judging this off of fancy pictures.

And I've lived more of my life in South Florida (including Miami) than I have in NY. I live in neither place now but will be moving back to SF in May. I know Miami very well and have many friends who live there. Horrible city.

You have no clue what you're talking about and are only judging this off of fancy pictures.

And I've lived more of my life in South Florida (including Miami) than I have in NY. I live in neither place now but will be moving back to SF in May. I know Miami very well and have many friends who live there. Horrible city.
    Then why, pray tell, are you moving back?

It looks like the concrete of the seating bowl is now officially done, even behind the plate. Next up, it'll be time for the backstop fish tanks!
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

If you know Miami and its surrounding areas "very well" then you'd probably know of a little place called Miami Beach that only has thousands of hotel rooms adjacent to the Atlantic ocean. And you'd probably know that Miami Dade County hosts a huge amount of conventions, and is a cruise port hub. So I'm a little puzzled why exactly you think no one will be coming to visit and spend their tourist money in Miami Dade County.

Blog Entries
    Isn't it like any major city where you wouldn't go to certain parts but other parts are amazing like NYC having manhatton and at the same time Brooklyn? I have seen amazing parts of miami, but then I have seen Hialeaha (SP?) So I figure thats life.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I think they should replicate the Home Run Apple at the maginificent Citi Field stadium (aka WILPONS PALACE) in New York except that instead of an Apple they should have a giant fish tank with actual live Marlin fishies swimming around and when a MIAMI MARLINS player hits a Home Run the tank will rise for all to see. (The actual live Marlin fishies will be tended to by a trained professional who specializes in such things so no-one needs worry about the welfare of the actual live Marlin fishies.)
    I like that idea! (Seriously.)
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Then why, pray tell, are you moving back?
    I never said I was moving back to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    If you know Miami and its surrounding areas "very well" then you'd probably know of a little place called Miami Beach that only has thousands of hotel rooms adjacent to the Atlantic ocean. And you'd probably know that Miami Dade County hosts a huge amount of conventions, and is a cruise port hub. So I'm a little puzzled why exactly you think no one will be coming to visit and spend their tourist money in Miami Dade County.

And if you knew Miami very well then you'd be aware that those parts are a ghost town during the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    I like that idea! (Seriously.)
    I thought I was the only one hhaha

I'm not kidding. That really is a good idea. Like I said, I actually thought that was going to be a fish tank of some kind, until they put in the frame.

If not real fish, they could just have a huge animatronic Marlin leap out of it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Video of this thing, which is 74 feet tall:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,1813239.story
    predictably ugly...
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

And if you knew Miami very well then you'd be aware that those parts are a ghost town during the summer months.
    So wait, the tourist taxes only apply during the summer? Who knew!

And BTW, things are still plenty busy down here during the summer. It's hardly a ghost town.

I'm not kidding. That really is a good idea. Like I said, I actually thought that was going to be a fish tank of some kind, until they put in the frame.

If not real fish, they could just have a huge animatronic Marlin leap out of it.
    From what I've heard, as a deepwater fish, Marlins are not very well suited for aquarium tanks. It would have to be a pretty big tank. I don't even know of any actual aquariums that have a Marlin exhibit. Perhaps the Baltimore one, but I'm not sure.

Blog Entries
    There is also the fear of the marlin jumping out of the tank. The rays don't have that problem because sting rays aren't jumpers like marlins are.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Marlins are no joke.

From the look of the interior webcam it looks like they're smoothing the field surface out a bit. Anyone know when they'll put down the grass?
    A schedule I'd read a while ago now said something regarding the playing field and October - whether that means it'll be put in this month or not, I don't remember, it could've just been the start of work on the playing field (drainage pipes/systems you've seen them installing the past week or two) was to occur in October.

That's what I would've done - an animatronic marlin that "jumps" up and flips around like a real marlin does.

That's only if you naively believe all of the tourist taxes will be used to pay off the bonds. Also, Miami is a dump and more and more people are vacationing in the West Palm area so I see a lot less future tourism dollars for Miami.
    If the tax receipts come up short, you can be 100% sure that the county will borrow to cover the shortfall at whatever rate they can in order to avoid the 400% penalty, or whatever that number is

Blog Entries

This is the fruitiest thing that I have ever seen from a MLB team and I saw the White Sox wear shorts.
    On top of that it looks like they will ruin their uniforms and logo too.

Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast