Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Prediction - Last 5 games

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    833

    Prediction - Last 5 games

    Jeeesh. I knew the Sox were tight over the last couple weeks but I actually believed that they were going to break loose in MN and win 2 or 3 of the games. So far I am not even close.

    If they win tomorrow they are still in pretty good shape. OK. I am going to predict that Floyd will pitch well and they will win. I probably jinxed them with my prediction but I think they are overdue.

    If they go on to lose tomorrow and miss the playoffs, this will have to rank as the biggest choke job since I have been a Sox fan (1981). They fizzled down the stretch in 2006 but I can cut them some slack since they were coming off a WS win in 2005 and the Tigers and Twins had very good teams that year. They struggled down the strecth in 2005 but they came alive at the end of the season to put the Indians away.

    They have had the "deer in headlights" look for the past 2 weeks. Somebody has to step up and come through with the big hit. Buerhle did a nice job today but the offense was pitiful again.

    Even if they lose tomorrow they still have a shot at the division. However, if they can't win tomorrow I don't think they deserve to make it. I will still root for them to squeak in but they have been playing scared for the past couple weeks.
    Last edited by Bench 5; 09-24-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    "Batting slumps? I never had one. When a guy hits .358, he doesn't have slumps."

    Rogers Hornsby, 1961

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,871
    Yeah, today is a huge game. I agree i think whoever wins today will take the division.

    G Man

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Bench 5 View Post
    If they win tomorrow they are still in pretty good shape. OK. I am going to predict that Floyd will pitch well and they will win. I probably jinxed them with my prediction but I think they are overdue.
    I suck.

    When we were up 6-1, I had a feeling that we needed more. I think the key to the game is that they came back in the 4th to score two.

    Konerko killed us in that series. He had so many opportunities. Swish hasn't hit great lately but I would have liked to see him in the game today. He might have caught that grounder down the line in the 8th and even if he doesn't get a hit, he is good at drawing walks. Dye didn't do much either but he has hit well most of the year. Konerko looked pretty weak all series.

    Hey, if the Sox win out and go to a one game playoff I can't complain. The Indians will be a tought opponent. You never know. Maybe we win out and the Twins lose a game to KC.
    "Batting slumps? I never had one. When a guy hits .358, he doesn't have slumps."

    Rogers Hornsby, 1961

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Bench 5 View Post
    I suck.

    When we were up 6-1, I had a feeling that we needed more. I think the key to the game is that they came back in the 4th to score two.

    Konerko killed us in that series. He had so many opportunities. Swish hasn't hit great lately but I would have liked to see him in the game today. He might have caught that grounder down the line in the 8th and even if he doesn't get a hit, he is good at drawing walks. Dye didn't do much either but he has hit well most of the year. Konerko looked pretty weak all series.

    Hey, if the Sox win out and go to a one game playoff I can't complain. The Indians will be a tought opponent. You never know. Maybe we win out and the Twins lose a game to KC.
    Wishful thinking my good man, i stand by my earlier claim..... last nights crushing loss was the end of the White Sox.

    G Man

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    An hour from Cooperstown
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
    Wishful thinking my good man, i stand by my earlier claim..... last nights crushing loss was the end of the White Sox.

    G Man
    Still standing? See you Tuesday.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •