Thread: 1946-'47 Sporting News - Sketches of Major League Parks by Gene Mack - Full Set of 14

1946-'47 Sporting News - Sketches of Major League Parks by Gene Mack - Full Set of 14

Gene Mack from the Boston Globe did a series of all the parks, reprinted in the Sporting News in 1946 and 1947 (and don't miss the 1937 series with Ed Burns further down the thread list). Intro, and first 9 (big file alert) -

Used to have the book, and several of the prints that were available years ago. Great drawings of ballparks past.

"It is suggested that fans clip the series for future reference" and I'm glad I did, when the Sporting News archives were still free online. It's fun to see them all together, an enjoyable set.

I love these sketches Some historical facts and player facts too. very nice.

Thanks these are always so enjoyable!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.